FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Two Gentlemen of Lebowski

Author Topic: Two Gentlemen of Lebowski
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Two Gentlemen of Lebowski

quote:
[They insert his head into the commode]

BLANCHE
What dreadful noise of waters in thine ears! Thou hast cooled thine head; think now upon drier matters.

WOO
Speak now on ducats else again we’ll thee duckest; whither the money, Lebowski?

THE KNAVE
Faith, it awaits down there someplace; prithee let me glimpse again.

WOO
What, thou rash egg! Thus will we drown thine exclamations.

[They again insert his head into the commode]

- - -

quote:
[He stains the rug]

THE KNAVE
Sir, prithee nay!

BLANCHE
Now thou seest what happens, Lebowski, when the agreements of honourable business stand compromised. If thou wouldst treat money as water, flowing as the gentle rain from heaven, why, then thou knowest water begets water; it will be a watery grave your rug, drowned in the weeping brook. Pray remember, Lebowski.

THE KNAVE
Thou err’st; no man calls me Lebowski. Yet thou art man; neither spirit damned nor wandering shadow, thou art solid flesh, man of woman born. Hear rightly, man!—for thou hast got the wrong man. I am the Knave, man; Knave in nature as in name.

[ROFL]
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raventhief
Member # 9002

- posted      Profile for Raventhief   Email Raventhief         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahahahahaha.

Thou abides't.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to make a plug for myself here.

Me at Lebowskifest this year.

I'm the one on the right.

[Cool]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Forsooth, we do abides't by no creed,
we shall taketh that which bestowed manhood!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
You've got the look down, Strider. 20 more years and 30 more pounds, and I'd swear you were el Duderino himself.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
hah, thanks Fitz. I let my hair grow out(including my beard) for a long time in preparation for that. I liked it, though I'm not a big fan of the goattee. I usually keep a full beard.

In other news, Two Gentlemen of Lebowski playing live in NYC, March-April! I'm so there.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
You could go so many directions with it. I hope they don't go too Elizabethan in terms of set and costume, although it looks like the will if you can judge from the advert. There's nothing wrong with Elizabethan settings, but in my opinion it's overdone, especially since there are so many other periods that you can often evoke to better effect. Still, since this is itself a play on a movie set in the 90's, maybe the contrast to Elizabethan times will be effective. It would especially make The Two Gentlemen of Lebowski an interesting study in how modern storytelling either differs or parallels Shakespeare. I think it's quite clear when one reads, say, Sophocles, that the story is not modern. But with Shakespeare, there are a lot more elements that are still stock standard today- and there are a few that aren't, like mistaken gender (especially involving heterosexual characters), that often stick out as archaisms in modern theater and film.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.