FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And this is why I will never...

Author Topic: And this is why I will never...
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
...ever, ever take the Star Wars prequels seriously.

Youtube linky

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just never take them seriously because they're god-awful movies.

Buuuuuuuuut yeah...

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
awesome.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
That worked better than the original scene.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
it made sense of it!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone should do the same thing for the Ewok battle.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Sacrilige! The scene where the one Ewok dies and the other one tries to wake him up is sooo sad!
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
Sacrilige! The scene where the one Ewok dies and the other one tries to wake him up is sooo sad!

If by "sad" you mean the one cheerworthy moment of that whole damn "battle" scene.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I actually didn't hate the clip from the OP. I generally try to pretend the prequels don't exist except in Darths and Droids, but this was ok.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

No it isn't. They are teddy bear puppets, and it was a battle scene in a movie, with characters that were very hard to like. IMO, of course.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Buh, buh, they're Teddy Bear Puppets! What's not to like about them!?

(To be fair, I WAS a kid when I first saw Return of the Jedi, and if I had seen episode 1 at that time I probably would have been one of those 10 years olds who love Jar Jar. But always have and still do love little cute things beating up big evil things).

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

They're primitive Teddy Bear Puppets fighting an interstellar war! Star Wars already makes me suspend my disbelief more than I like to. That's just an insult in addition to everything.

I don't mean suspending disbelief to watch FTL ships and such, I mean a guy making out with his sister, and not knowing about it because of retconning.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

No, they're primitive Teddy Bears fighting a guerrilla battle on one particular planet against a smaller number of forces that weren't expecting to have to deal with them. After the initial surprise factor wore off the battle was relatively even, and even that had a lot to do with Chewie, Han and Co. I don't think it stretched all that much credibility.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You say teddy bear puppets, I say George Lucas had a furry fetish long before it had a name. Honestly the man paid midgets and children to dance around in fuzzy costumes.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

[Roll Eyes]

Man, looks like someone's projecting a bit...

Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
quote:

You say teddy bear puppets, I say George Lucas had a furry fetish long before it had a name. Honestly the man paid midgets and children to dance around in fuzzy costumes.
please go on
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

Please don't. Nobody wants furries attracted to this site.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
He switched to his "midgets in furry costumes" fetish when he was done with his "midgets in trash cans pretending to be robots" fetish.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Resident psychoanalyst achillesheel!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

Well, Lucas did inspire a generation of people to become basement dwellers! [Razz]
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure this is PG-13 but I did like the overtones of cynicism mixed with a healthy blend of romantic climax.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Roll Eyes]

Man, looks like someone's projecting a bit...

Well, I do admire the ability to make people do stupid things that they will someday regret. Hamill is still getting hassled by nerds over those movies.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Well, I do admire the ability to make people do stupid things that they will someday regret. Hamill is still getting hassled by nerds over those movies.

Mark hamill regrets starring in star wars?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.