FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2010- Live draft is Sunday, Aug22nd, at 3pm EST! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2010- Live draft is Sunday, Aug22nd, at 3pm EST!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been pretty lucky this week. Arian Foster was a gift from the fantasy football gods. I was between him and Jahvid Best but I played Foster. Partway into the first half of the Lions game, Best had scored two touchdowns and I was pretty annoyed...until Foster started to run. [Smile]

Though it looks like an injury has already felled one of the guys in my vaunted defense. Good thing I have another decent backup to play with.

Looks like a couple people around the league forgot to root out injured players from their lineup.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Nathalie for one already knew she wouldn't be adjusting the roster for week one. She has multiple exams to take, including the NCLEX, and a has been in the Grand Canyon for the last few days. She's excited about FF, but when she agreed to play she warned me that she would be completely out of pocket for the first week or so. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I didn't see any injured players on her team. Actually, I think she's in a pretty good spot with four players left and only down ten points.

Off the top of my head, someone played Sidney Rice, but I can't remember who.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea.... that would be me. i was watching the saints/vikings and it struck me at about half time that i never put him on my bench. Ill probably trade him, six weeks is a bit long to keep someone on a bench in hopes that he will be great when he comes back.
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Would I be totally crazy if I started Legedu Naanee instead of Randy Moss this week?

The Jets' coach has already said he's putting Revis on Moss, and Naanee was a great target for Rivers last week. Plus Moss didn't get that many looks anyway. I figure Brady would be looking to make up for that, especially after Moss' temper tantrum, but, with Revis glued to him, maybe not?

Maybe Arian Foster will eat his spinach again and this will end up a moot point. [Smile]

Ecthalion
Member # 8825

If you're playing against me play Moss. Anyone else play Naanee
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Hey, if anyone is using Yahoo stat tracker and wants to chat in the little chat box in the lower right hand corner, I'm usually keeping an eye on it.

Stat Tracker is being a little glitchy today, but the window turns yellow when there's a new message.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to hop on a couple of times, but it keeps freezing my cruddy little computer.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Stat Tracker is really glitchy today. I have to keep reconnecting.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I did about an hour ago, but it has been working fine the past 45 min or so, at least for me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm back on there if you're around and want to chat.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Bad news for next week for me- Peterson is on a bye week.

Good news - That means Farve is too

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Your Vick voo-doo doll must be on a one-week delay, Lyr.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ironic considering I picked him up for my backup in my other league. I forgot to pull the damn pin out of him.

Looks like your game is going to be pretty close. Some people are forgetting to set their lineups, which becomes a bit of a thing in the bye weeks.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

All three of my games are currently within a ten-point difference that comes down to Monday. Blah.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I suck in this league, even WITH AP working. Without him I am screwed.

In my other league I am winning by over 150 points. [Big Grin] He has 5 players left. I have 2, but the score is currently 215 to 64, and I have Forte and the Pat's kicker left. Forte looks like a bust, as he is in the 4th and has a total of 4 points now. [Frown]

He DOES have Moss, Welker, Hernandez, and the Pats defense left, along with Ricky Williams. He will score points, but I doubt those 5 will score 150 points.

I hope.

[Big Grin]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Why would you want so many players sharing looks from a single offense? Brady isn't THAT productive.
Kwea
Member # 2199

It's a friendly league, and a ot of guys just drafted their favorite teams. Plus, there are only 6 of us.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ah, fair enough.

My other league is a family league where lots of people just drafted personal favorites over the "right" guys to pick. The best part about the league is my mom, who doesn't particularly care for football and thinks setting her lineup is a pain, but on Sundays is screaming at the TV for her guys to do well while gleefully steepling her fingers as the points add up for her team. Mostly the league just exists as trash talk fodder for weekly family dinners. But that's more than reason enough to play. [Smile]

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Not even 24 points from Charles Woodson (more than most offensive players!) saved me this week.

At least now I don't have to worry about keeping a perfect record? [Wink]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Okay, someone explain to me how the waiver wire order works.

I was under the impression that every time you picked up a player you moved to the end of the queue. So, if I had the second pick, and I picked someone up, I'd go back to the fourteenth spot, so those who made fewer moves would find themselves with higher picks.

But that can't be how it works, not with where people are. So is it somehow also tied into where you are in the standings, or how many total moves you've made? I'm not complaining, as it really hasn't had any negative affects on me one way or the other, I'd just like to know exactly how it works, cause I can't make heads or tails of it.

Carrie
Member # 394

Best I could find.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Lyr, you are pretty close actually. FA don't count as wavier adds, and the original order was the opposite of the draft order.

You add a wavier add, you drop to the bottom of the list.

At least as far as I know.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ahhh, it was the FA versus waivers thing that was screwing me up I think. Thanks.
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

Randy Moss just got traded to the Vikings... I'm thinking his numbers are gonna skyrocket...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Holy crap, I have no idea what to do with that. Certainly he's been terrible thus far this season, but, Favre isn't Tom Brady, so I don't feel excellent about this.

I think he's still going to be sitting on my bench this week, even if he isn't on a bye week like he was supposed to be.

If he has a monster week, that sucks for me, but I want a week to see how thinks shake out there. With Shiancoe injured and the rest of the receiving corps in dire straits, I could see Moss getting a lot of targets in the first week, but there's no guarantee that he can slip right into a new offensive plan and make it work that easily.

The real bright side here for me is that Brandon Tate should get more than one or two looks a game, and when added to his considerable return yardarge, I think he'll end up with the bigger boost in fantasy points than Moss for me. Both guys probably just increased in value.

Ecthalion
Member # 8825

yea im not sure how well he will really do, but Favre is really really really looking for someone to throw a ball to (and of course get get intercepted lots and lots of times)
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

An analysis I read awhile back said that Rice was responsible for saving a lot of potential Favre interceptions by throwing his body in the way of whoever was trying to snake the ball away, but the current wideouts, like Berrian, just kind of wander around without defending the ball. That makes me question how good Favre really is, and whether or not Moss can do the same thing.

Moss is an elite receiver, but this makes me really nervous. I picked up some bye week players who I'm not thrilled about, but, I don't know if Moss can just slot in. He'd be a total gamble, high risk high reward maybe. I haven't decided yet if I'm willing to take that risk.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Hey, the Stattracker chat window works again if anyone wants to pop on and talk. I'll be around for awhile. Good luck everyone!
Kwea
Member # 2199

I may actually have a chance against you at this point, Lyr.

Go figure!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Guys, I realized that when I set the playoffs up at first I make a mistake. We have usually done an 8 team playoff, even when we had a lot fewer teams.

I changed this tonight to what I thought I had set up in the first place, 8 teams for the playoffs. If this is an issue, please speak up now, it is not too late to change it back to 4 teams only.

I just think that is we did 8 teams back when there were only 9 teams in the whole league we should stay that way now that we have 14 teams.

Carrie
Member # 394

Hooray necro bump!

Is there any interest in a league this year? We've still got a few weeks before the season starts, which ought to be enough time to get things going.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I was wondering if someone was going to get this going this year.

I'm interested, but I've already committed to two other leagues.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd join.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
If we do it, I'm there.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.