FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Old Spice: The Ad Blitz Your Man Could Smell Like (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Old Spice: The Ad Blitz Your Man Could Smell Like
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the one where he responds to his daughter.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam West voice. Hee.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shmuel:
On another note... Old Spice Man answers a question by the daughter of the actor who plays Old Spice Man.

Awww.

I find that really cute.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, this has been very good for Old Spice and the actor.
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Things I like:

- His name is isaiah mustafa

- You killed his father

- Prepare to die

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mustafa’s Old Spice ads, which include two TV spots and a series of 87 videos for an online campaign, have reportedly increased sales for the company by a whopping 107 percent.
This has got to be one of the best ad campaigns ever in a dollar spent per sales increase standpoint.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Loved the one to his daughter. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wingracer:
quote:
Mustafa’s Old Spice ads, which include two TV spots and a series of 87 videos for an online campaign, have reportedly increased sales for the company by a whopping 107 percent.
This has got to be one of the best ad campaigns ever in a dollar spent per sales increase standpoint.
For sure, but the time commitment for the actor I imagine eclipses most other ad campaigns. But I can definitely think of other ad campaigns that were a bigger time and money investment, with less effect.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
For sure, but the time commitment for the actor I imagine eclipses most other ad campaigns. But I can definitely think of other ad campaigns that were a bigger time and money investment, with less effect.

I dunno. It took three days to shoot each of the conventional 30-second Old Spice commercials...
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
87 videos, averaging 1-2 minutes each = 4 hours, give or take. It's really not that much considering there was no wardrobe or scenery change.

And I bet it was fun as hell to do! [Smile]

I'm amazed they were able to do it, considering some of those videos were published within hours, sometimes minutes, of the tweets they were made for.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.