FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yesterday was one of the best birthdays I've had in a long while.

Author Topic: Yesterday was one of the best birthdays I've had in a long while.
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a ton of good stuff and good news and not one bit of it was a present.

See, I'm well past the age where people wrap presents and give you stuff every year. I'm lucky to get something every 5 years. Mostly its the 10 years that do it.

So I was not expecting much this year...then...

Three weeks ago I went on vacation with the wife and kid. While gone the boss decided to move our office.

I now have AC at the office (the old one died a terrible death).

I now have stable internet access instead of flaky spotty wi-fi.

I got this with out having to move my office. They moved the whole place while I was out of town.

When I came back there were a half dozen empty file cabinets that had to be moved, so I helped with that. While helping I noticed a large flat screen monitor the boss had once brought in for a meeting display. The boss was just leaving it in the old place for the new tenants to enjoy. I asked if I could have it. He said, "sure." Its by no means new, but its better than the monster of a decades old monitor I had at home.

So I'm now typing this on a new to me large flat screen monitor. Oh-boy New Toy.

The new place needed some computer tweeking, so our computer contractor came in. To keep his client happy he brought in 3 bags of chocolate and a cookie jar to put it in as a house warming gift in our new place.

The state owed us some money for adoption credits that we had been overlooked on. When we came back from vacation there were three nice checks waiting to go into the bank. Who else has ever had more money in the bank after vacation than before vacation. Date of deposit--my birthday.

Oh, and about that time Hatrack came back from vacation too.

I did have an issue with my cell phone while out of town. It broke into usable, but barely, multiple pieces. I came back and had to buy a new phone to replace the old one. Oh-boy, new toy.

Now don't get me wrong. I did get a couple of things. Sasha made me some art projects, and my wife made me dinner, and a sweeeeeet desert. However, I think it was the Universe that gave me the best presents this year. I am so happy.

[ July 14, 2010, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Darth_Mauve ]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
<in Sokka voice>Thank you the universe!</sokka>
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! My birthday is Monday and my family is coming up to see me for the weekend, so I'm looking forward to an awesome birthday type thing myself.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, you must have built up that karma for a long time.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

- posted      Profile for School4ever   Email School4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
My birthday is today, and so far nothing exciting.
Posts: 188 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy belated, Dan. [Smile] Glad it's been a good one!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paigereader
Member # 2274

- posted      Profile for paigereader   Email paigereader         Edit/Delete Post 
It must be going around, because my birthday was yesterday and I had the best one I've had in a long time. I didn't do or get anything special. I just went out for lunch, was given an icee in the afternoon, my sister made me dinner, and got lots of hugs from my nieces, but it really was a great day.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
We all so often rush here to commensurate over having a really bad day. Its good to celebrate having a really good day.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.