FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Good News Everyone!

Author Topic: Good News Everyone!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Gov't is gonna give me another 2500$! Yay! My disability application went through!

Which I of course probably can't spend as I got debts to pay off [Frown] [Mad]

[Wall Bash]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Anything the government gives you they have to take away from someone else.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Unless they took away from Blayne in order to give it back to him.... that would be tricky...
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Tres: That would be one of those "You wouldn't have needed us if we hadn't robbed you" situations. The government is pretty good at that. But I don't think Blayne has anything worth stealing.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottF
Member # 9356

- posted      Profile for ScottF   Email ScottF         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Gov't is gonna give me another 2500$! Yay! My disability application went through!

Which I of course probably can't spend as I got debts to pay off [Frown] [Mad]

[Wall Bash]

Glad I could help.
Posts: 135 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
At first when I read the title I was going to respond "I've fixed the poison slime pipes!"

Then I realized that almost no one would probably understand the reference.

So which Video Games and Anime will you be buying?

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:

That may be true of the Evil American Guvmint (tm), but the Canadian Government, serving as it does Good Queen Bess the Second, operates only on money freely given to it by citizens dying of natural causes at a great age, in harmonic and peaceful surroundings.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
At first when I read the title I was going to respond "I've fixed the poison slime pipes!"

Then I realized that almost no one would probably understand the reference.

So which Video Games and Anime will you be buying?

None? The most I would do is replace the mobo on my computer as I'm getting constant harddrive failures from a bad raid controller.

Like Anime I stream online and games I buy on average 1 per month and I do have a part time job.

quote:

This is actually a reassesment of my Loans and Bursuries after I submitted my functional disabilities application, money that is really an indirect investment, everyone in canada contributes so that everyone can pay for an education which is used to contribute back via working quality jobs that contribute to the economy in sigificant ways.

Its a system that was democratically voted for so its really a contract between government and the people so its consential investment.

As for say welfare which I also applied for and should get accepted for, its really just for helping people bridge the gap in their income if its too low until they can make up for it, you either have to be in a job that pays too little (check) or proof that your actively looking for a job which means signing up at the provincial employment office, of which I am, I have an agent provided by the provincial gov't that specializes in finding work for people with Aspergers.

There's really nothing you can criticize here, as for one we're Canada we believe more or less on a whole that working towards a more egalitarian society is for the best, even if it means paying additional taxes.

FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I get it! [Smile] ICC....I shall have fond memories of thee.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

quote:
Originally posted by FoolishTook:
quote:
I get it! [Smile] ICC....I shall have fond memories of thee.
The slime is FLOWING again!
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

quote:
I have an agent provided by the provincial gov't that specializes in finding work for people with Aspergers.
Whoa, free money for being chronically rude! Watta country!

quote:

There's really nothing you can criticize here, as for one we're Canada we believe more or less on a whole that working towards a more egalitarian society is for the best, even if it means paying additional taxes.

Because if enough people agree, they can beat up and rob anyone who doesn't! That makes it Moral.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Knock it off.
It's not like you're paying for it [Razz]

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Chronically rude?
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Right. For similar reasons, we forbid non-Americans from commenting on US politics.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
Chronically rude?

Pixiest what the hell is wrong with you.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed... I think I may be on the asperger's spectrum.
I'm really polite, but plagued with SENSORY ISSUES! ARGS!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne: Pixiest is expressing her disgust with an idea, not with you personally, your post on the other hand is directed at her.

Can we cool our jets please?

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
While Pixiest may be disgusted with taxes and giving money to the disabled, the chronically rude part of her comment though is offensive to everyone who has Asperger's or knows people who struggle with it. While not personally at Blayne, it is a very derogatory way to discuss a group of people, of which Blayne is a member. Him taking it personally kinda makes sense- even if its purpose was to slam millions not just him specifically.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
While not personally at Blayne, it is a very derogatory way to discuss a group of people, of which Blayne is a member.
...of which Blayne had just finished identifying himself as a member in the post to which she was responding.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Right. For similar reasons, we forbid non-Americans from commenting on US politics.

I don't really think a thread marking the start of a disability benefit is the appropriate place for politics. Having a financial stake in the process would at least make it understandable, although not excusable.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd missed Blayne's longer post. In light of that, I agree Pixiest was being excessively rude.

My request we cool our jets still stands.

Also I completely got the Good News Everyone reference.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
While Pixiest may be disgusted with taxes and giving money to the disabled, the chronically rude part of her comment though is offensive to everyone who has Asperger's or knows people who struggle with it. While not personally at Blayne, it is a very derogatory way to discuss a group of people, of which Blayne is a member. Him taking it personally kinda makes sense- even if its purpose was to slam millions not just him specifically.

Amen.

Pix, I had been glad you were back.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused as to whether or not pixiest thinks that aspbergers is a condition wherein someone is 'chronically rude,' or if aspbergers is just an illusory condition that someone like blayne is using to excuse personal shortcomings.

Not that it matters much, since either way means pixiest has no idea what they are talking about, but hey.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Asperger's does often come along with problems understanding social situations, and many people I've known with it (including students I've taught) ask a lot of inappropriate questions.

If all you knew of Asperger's was that people with it have little understanding of tact and no boundaries at all about asking personal questions, I can see how you might qualify them as "chronically rude."

Thing is, that the person with Asperger's seldom INTENDS to be rude...they just miss a lot of the social cues most of us easily pick up on as we mature.

Of course, it's a spectrum disorder for a reason - people can be located on any part of the spectrum. Some will have more social problems than others and it's difficult to describe a "typical" person with Asperger's since it varies so much from person to person.

This may not be helpful at all...but just wanted to say when I read Pix's comment, I didn't think it was appropriate but I did understand where someone might get the idea that rudeness comes along with Asperger's.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.