FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Shows? Someone point me in the right direction (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Shows? Someone point me in the right direction
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys,

So lots of new shows will be starting soon if they haven't already.. and I haven't paid the usual attention to my viewing options this year.

Could someone recommend new shows I should watch? Hatrack rarely fails me and, political disagreements aside, I almost always agree with your tastes.

Sci Fi, fantasy, Historical, and Whedonesque are some of my favorite genres.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Boardwalk Empire on HBO is supposed to be good. Steve Buscemi leads, and the person who played Omar from The Wire is in there too. It's about prohibition and the first episode premiered last night. I didn't think it was so great, but that's what I said after the first episode of The Wire and that's my favorite show ever.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Watching Boardwalk Empire is part of what prompted me to post this. Yeah, it was kinda Meh but it probably just needs to get rolling.

Has anyone heard anything about The Event? Or any other show starting soon?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Terriers. Tim Minear is involved with it, and after Angel, Firefly, and Wonderfalls I'll give him a shot on just about anything.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's Lisa - she's usually in charge of the fall season pilots...
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Dexter season 5!
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
The only new show I'm excited for is The Walking Dead on AMC (premieres on Halloween.) And I'm not just excited, I am counting the days!

I'll also be watching Boardwalk Empire. Largely this is because one of my coworkers, her husband, and I have made a tradition of me going over to their house every Sunday to watch True Blood and Hung. Both shows are done for the year but Dexter starts next week so we just decided to add Boardwalk Empire to the list. I missed the premiere because they were out of town, but the trailers make me believe it has potential, though no doubt it'll take a few episodes to get the ball rolling.

I'm already sick of seeing The Event commercials so I won't be tuning in to see the show. It just feels like someone trying to take advantage of the hole left by Lost, which I gave up on after three seasons.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
Terriers. Tim Minear is involved with it, and after Angel, Firefly, and Wonderfalls I'll give him a shot on just about anything.

Good spasmatic lord, I thought the biggest name in that was the red-head semi funny guy. They should lead with Minear.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched The Event last night. I guess it was interesting, but the story was so convoluted I started to get annoyed at the end.

NBC is touting the show as a cross between Lost and 24. I have problems with those comparisons. The Event had the same pacing and sense of urgency of 24, but it had nothing to do with Lost. Sure there is mystery, but only to the audience. The characters shown last night, (The President and the shaggy guy) know exactly what is happening, but the audience doesn't. Part of what made Lost so special is that the characters knew as little as the audience did.

I'll give it a few more episodes, I just think the show was overhyped and underdelivered.

Chuck on the other hand was great. I miss Jeff, Lester, and Big Mike, but hopefully they will reappear. It was only the first episode. Linda Hamilton as Chucks mom is AWESOME!

Going to watch Glee tonight and Fringe on Thursday. Fringe looks like it is going to be pretty amazing. They are doing a type of storytelling that I haven't really seen in a show before. The show will have episodes that alternate between the "Home" universe and the "Alternate" universe. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
Where's Lisa - she's usually in charge of the fall season pilots...

Linky

I'll tell you what I'm watching, at any rate:

Mondays:
Chuck - Linda Hamilton is joining as Chuck's mom. I mean, even if I didn't already love the show, this would be a no brainer.
The Event - The commercials have been irking me all summer. About a month and a half ago I figured out what the event probably is
Castle - I love, love, love the chemistry between Castle and Beckett.
How I Met Your Mother - What? Even if it wasn't so funny, I have to find out who the mother is.
Weeds - I'm loving this season.

Tuesdays:
Glee - Despite the Kurt-uber-alles stuff, there's more in this show that I love than stuff that I hate.
No Ordinary Family - Low budget Fantastic Four. Live action Incredibles. I don't care. The premise alone hooked me. Oh, and it's Berlanti. Everwood with superpowers?
Life Unexpected - Granted, I started watching it only because of Shiri Appleby, but it's a great story.

Wednesday:
Lie to Me - Just brilliant. One of these days, I want to see a crossover with Cal Lightman, Patrick Jane, Rick Castle and Charlie Crews. Lightman and Jane will be trying to read one another, Castle will be interjecting smart-ass comments, and Charlie will be sitting and watching it all with a very Zen smile.
Cougar Town - Guilty pleasure. I started watching it at the end of the TV season last year because everything else had finished, and Jordan was my favorite character on Scrubs. I wasn't initially going to watch it because the whole cougar thing is kind of offensive. But they got past that to the point that they were seriously considering renaming the show for this season. And it's really funny.
Hellcats - I like seeing different cultures crash head-on, so the idea of a law student having to join the cheerleading team in order to stay in law school tickled me. But it's a little too vapid for me to be wowed by it. So it's one of two shows that are on probation with me.

Thursday:
Bones - Brennan and Booth have great chemistry. Almost as good as Angela and Hodgins.
The Big Bang Theory - The funniest show on TV.
The Mentalist - See what I wrote about Lie to Me. Patrick Jane is one of my favorite characters of all time. Sarcastic, disrespectful, and arrogant. You have to respect that in a person.
Nikita - This is the other one that's on probation. It's good, but I'm not sure how much I care about the characters. Maybe Alex, though it's kind of jarring to see her in this and then see her sitting pretty on the sofa at the beginning of each episode of How I Met Your Mother.
This Is Not My Life - God... if you haven't been watching this show, go and find it. There've been 9 eps so far, each better than the one before it. It's on New Zealand TV, so the only way you're going to see it is illicitly. Unless they have eps on the station's website, which you'd have to check out for yourself. It's kind of Prisoner-esque. It stars Charles Mesure, who plays Kyle the terrorist on V, but he's a very different character here. This is true science fiction, possibly the best of it on TV right now.

Friday (taped, of course):
Human Target - I loved it when it was the backup feature in Action Comics in the '70s, and even though this is a different Christopher Chance, and he doesn't disguise himself as the targets now, it's still a fantastic show. Unfortunately, there were apparently complaints that every single regular was male, so they're shoehorning other characters in as a kind of equal opportunity thing. I mean, no one complained that Mercy was almost all female, but whatever. Anyhow, it's a great show.
Medium - CBS dumped it, but NBC picked it back up. CBS are a bunch of dopes (although they have The Mentalist, so someone there must be on the ball).
Smallville - Last season. I'm kind of glad now that I didn't stop watching it back when it made me want to claw my own eyes out. I've been enjoying it a lot for the last season or two. I'd like to hope that they'll spin off of it. Maybe Justin Hartley and the other heroes they've introduced. Nah, the people at DC are too stupid to do that.

Sunday:
Dexter - I don't think this needs any explanation, does it?

I watched the first ep of Outlawed because Havah wanted to, and that's an hour of my life that I'll never get back. Undercovers looks like it might be fun, but I'm overloaded as it is. And Hawaii 50 has both Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park in it, but I don't think that's enough to interest me. Oh, and the commercials for Chase were interesting, but it doesn't look like it has any light side to it, and if I want to see a smoking blonde US Marshall, I'm going with In Plain Sight, whenever that gets back.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Has Unexpected restarted? I'll have to catch up.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Tonight is the second ep of the season. Last week's was huge.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
The woman in the Buymore that Morgan's flirting with... who is she? Was she that spy friend of Sarah's the Morgan turned down in season 3?
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Tonight is the second ep of the season. Last week's was huge.

Excellent. Something to look forward to tonight, if I ever get to leave work.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh you lucky people. I'll have to wait for a year or two to get this lot on Spanish TV*.

*Spanish TV, used to be the worst TV in the known universe, but is getting loads better recently (or maybe my standards are dropping... [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Being Erica Season 3 is back on in Canada tonight. Pretty much the only show left I use torrents to get a hold of.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

OMG, yes, I forgot Being Erica.
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Spanish TV, used to be the worst TV in the known universe, but is getting loads better recently
You know, that was one of the things that surprised me when I moved here. US programmes are often shown here before they're available in the UK or France, maybe 2 or 3 days after the US. Dubbed of course, but now with digital you can push the red button and watch in English if you like. Of course, the actual Spanish shows are still pretty low budget, but hey.

As for this season - The Event (I hope it's aliens), and later The Walking Dead. That's my whole list of newbies, so far. This year hasn't been very inspiring.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Boardwalk Empire gets renewed for a second season after only one episode.

Did anyone see it? Is it worth it?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
The woman in the Buymore that Morgan's flirting with... who is she? Was she that spy friend of Sarah's the Morgan turned down in season 3?

Nope. That my friend was Olivia Munn, of G4 fame. She is on Attack of the Show, and I believe she became a correspondent on the Daily Show.

Don't get used to her though. Her character ( I believe named Greta) will be played by a different actor every week. I believe in one of the next few episodes Mr. Old Spice Guy (Isaiah Mustafa) himself will be playing Greta as well. It is pretty clever.

[ September 29, 2010, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Geraine ]

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Despite my utter hatred for The Event commercials, I watched it last night.

I'm torn a bit. I'm pretty curious about where it's going and what's happening, but, it wasn't nearly interesting to watch on a weekly basis. I think it'd be fun to watch from Netflix though. But I'm worried about being spoiled if I don't. I probably won't.

On the other hand, Chuck was amazing last night! It's back with a bang and whole new dynamic! I'm amazed at how well that show reinvents itself to stay fresh, and still manages to hold onto a tiny bit of plot arc in a genre that usually does away with it entirely. Who am I kidding though, no one watches Chuck for the plot, but the awesome characters.

Tonight: I want to watch Glee, and next week I want to give No Ordinary Family a try. I was originally condemning Detroit 187 because it was filmed in Atlanta...but they moved filming to Detroit, and even reshot the pilot. That makes me want to watch it. The entire cast and crew is coming to the restaurant I work at tonight for the premiere, but I told my boss I didn't want to work it. I'd rather do homework than tear my hair out for four hours.

quote:
The Big Bang Theory - The funniest show on TV.
I always thought this looked a little silly until I borrowed the first season from a friend. Then I bought all three seasons and watched the whole thing in like a week. I love it! It's the ultimate comedy for geeks. And I am thrilled that Parsons won the emmy. He absolutely deserved it.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope. That my friend was Olivia Munn, of G4 fame. She is on Attack of the Show, and I believe she became a correspondent on the Daily Show.
THAT'S where I recognized her.

quote:
Don't get used to her though. Her character ( I believe named Gertrude) will be played by a different actor every week. I believe in one of the next few episodes Mr. Old Spice Guy (Isaiah Mustafa) himself will be playing Gertrude as well. It is pretty clever.
Wait whut?

-

Spoilerlolwut?

(Is she a figment of Morgan's imagination? Can't recall offhand if anyone else responded to her. No matter what that's really weird.)

The main question that still hasn't been answered: ARE we supposed to recognize her in the slightest? Or is she an entirely new character?

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

quote:
quote:
THAT'S where I recognized her.

quote:
Don't get used to her though. Her character ( I believe named Gertrude) will be played by a different actor every week. I believe in one of the next few episodes Mr. Old Spice Guy (Isaiah Mustafa) himself will be playing Gertrude as well. It is pretty clever.
Wait whut?

-

Spoilerlolwut?

(Is she a figment of Morgan's imagination? Can't recall offhand if anyone else responded to her. No matter what that's really weird.)

No she is a spy. She was heading out in the morning to go to Thailand. The position at the Buy More carries the name Gertrude, not the person. I think it goes something like "While you are here at HQ your cover / job is to be Gertrude." A spy leaves on a mission and another comes back and takes over the role.

There are supposed to be quite a few guest stars playing Gertrude this season, I'll see if I can get a list.

Anyone that watch Chuck last night notice who the bad guy was??? It was Dolph Lundgren! He played Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. I haven't seen him forever.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My favorite part of the episode was when he said "I must break you."

I love how geeky this show can be.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dexter is good.
Let's talk about it in a thread
someone start one.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Good as Dexter is, I think we can wait a week. Right now all I can talk about is "ooohhh... it's gonna be so good!"
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa, Cougar Town, but no Modern Family? That'd be my Wednesday ABC pick.
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I never started watching Modern Family. I thought about it, but adding one more show to my already insane list of TV didn't seem wise. I might go back and watch it at some point, though. Is it really good?
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I just watched the pilot episode of Raising Hope, which was excellent. Great characters, exactly the right blend of stereotypes and depth for a sitcom. A main character who manages to be "everyman" and likeable but interesting. Very funny and sweet.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/178543/raising-hope-pilot

Stephan
Member # 7549

quote:
I never started watching Modern Family. I thought about it, but adding one more show to my already insane list of TV didn't seem wise. I might go back and watch it at some point, though. Is it really good?

Just watched the first 4 episodes last night and thought it was hilarious.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I am old. I don't have HBO but I do have 4 PBS channels. Most nights I am watching Masterpiece something. I am my parents.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Just watched Glee.

"Mr. Schuester, are you aware there is a forum on my blog dedicated to getting you to stop rapping?"

"...kids... kids don't like it when I rap?"

[ROFL]

Herblay
Member # 11834

- posted      Profile for Herblay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
quote:

Just watched the first 4 episodes last night and thought it was hilarious.
Modern Family and 30 Rock are the only two half-hour "sitcoms" worth watching right now, at least if you have as little time as I do to watch shows. I was going to give Running Wilde a chance (as it has an Arrested Development pedigree), but early reviews are disheartening.
Posts: 688 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hedwig
Member # 2315

- posted      Profile for Hedwig           Edit/Delete Post 
Dolph Lundgren got a Fullbright scholarship to M.I.T., so he's too smart to watch Chuck.
But so is this guy.

Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBlueShadow
Member # 9718

- posted      Profile for TheBlueShadow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Herblay:
Modern Family and 30 Rock are the only two half-hour "sitcoms" worth watching right now, at least if you have as little time as I do to watch shows.

The Big Bang Theory should be on that list.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herblay
Member # 11834

- posted      Profile for Herblay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueShadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Herblay:
Modern Family and 30 Rock are the only two half-hour "sitcoms" worth watching right now, at least if you have as little time as I do to watch shows.

The Big Bang Theory should be on that list.
You know what? I'm an uber-nerd, an professional electrical engineer and physics geek, that should be the target crowd for Big Bang Theory. But you know what? In the two or three episodes that I've seen, the show seemed much more intent on making fun of geeks and laughing AT them then portraying actual geek humor. I work with more geeks and dorks than I can count, and I only know one or two people who watch it.

If I want a REALLY good geeky show, I'll watch Chuck or the superexcellent IT Crowd. Better Off Ted wasn't TOO bad, but it was really hit or miss.

Posts: 688 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

One of the reasons I laugh so hard at Big Bang Theory is that I understand more of it than a normal person would. I mean, in the pilot, when they were talking about how Superman catching Lois Lane falling off a building would probably snap her like a twig, I thought it was great. When I saw the large bottle in the top of Leonard's closet, I knew right off the bat that it had to be a model of Kandor.

The IT Crowd... it's okay, but I don't think it's as good.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I pretty much agree with Herblay. I didn't find Big Bang Theory funny much at all.

Does anyone know why they seem to be making TWO Arrested Development pseudo-spinoffs? (The Increasingly Poor Decisions of "Todd Margaret" and "Running Wilde.") I guess it looks like David Cross and Will Arnett are only playing bit parts in their respective shows, so it's like they're both filming two full series at once. Still, pretty weird.

scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved first season of Big Bang but lately it hasn't been as good- like they used up their a material. Though the funniest thing for me was when they were doing the space toilet and my husband was like, nope, the guy who is going to be freaking out is Bob in the cubby next to me cause his signature is the last one preflight. The engineer totally is so in the clear. [Smile] First time I heard my husband was at all involved in space station toilets.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBlueShadow
Member # 9718

- posted      Profile for TheBlueShadow           Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa and I have the same taste in shows.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just watched Glee.

"Mr. Schuester, are you aware there is a forum on my blog dedicated to getting you to stop rapping?"

"...kids... kids don't like it when I rap?"

[ROFL]

Never watched a single minute of the show, but rumor is that in the distant future they will have an entire episode dedicated to Rocky Horror Picture Show and even have Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon signed on. No word on the one and only Tim Curry, but maybe Anthony Stewart Head will appear just to remind everyone that he was Frankenfurter before he was Giles.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
It's always sunny in philadelphia.

The first episode this season sucked though.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

I have a very love/hate relationship with Glee. I think the new season started off with some fun dialogue but between all the news about the Britney Spears episode and the Rocky Horror episode and the millions of celebrity guest spots, I wonder if the show plans on having any kind of over-arcing plot. Alittle heart and soul would also be nice.

And whoever is in charge of music should be fired. The songs are becoming more and more overproduced with each episode. Sometimes I can't even tell its actually a rerecording of a song or if the kids are just lip-syncing along with the original version. As a former choir kid of eight years, I really liked hearing the showtunes and choral remixes of pop songs.

Crazy, racist!Rachel was hilarious though and promises of more Brittany, Santana, and Puck keep me watching.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My only issue with The Big Bang Theory is that sometimes some of the nerd jokes come a little close, its definately alot funnier with the Sciencey stuff then the nerd culture jokes.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

My favorite parts of Big Bang Theory are the scenes with Penny and Sheldon. And not because one is geeky and the other isn't, but because his character is so socially-clueless and she is adorably tolerant of him.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think I might agree that a lot of the jokes in Big Bang Theory come at the expense of geeks, but, I think it's sort of a celebratory poking fun at, rather than a mean spirited way. I totally identify with a lot of the dorky stuff they do (though, I'm not nearly the geeks they are). and I usually feel like I'm laughing with, rather than at them.

The science stuff, which I get maybe 90% of, is hilarious as well.

My favorite scenes are Sheldon and Penny as well, but really, Sheldon and anyone. I think I'd also agree that the first season was the best, but two and three were hilarious as well. A lot of people claimed there was a big drop off in quality in the last two seasons, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as they did. It's still one of my favorite shows. Plus, Neil DeGrasse Tyson likes it. [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

The newest episode of BBT is great.

Bummer that Kaley Cuoco is going to miss a few shows. But at least they're saying she should fully recover!

There was way, way too much stuff in the season premiere of Unexpected. And ew, ew, ew, plotlines from George Michael songs?!?

Stephan
Member # 7549

Immensely enjoyed The Event.

I'll try Undercovers for a few more episodes. It hasn't wowed me yet with the story. But the leading lady is so freaking cute I have to give it another try.

Can an American show make it where the leading man and woman start off together instead of dragging us along for 7 years wondering if they will get together?

Outsourced had interesting characters but never made me laugh.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Can an American show make it where the leading man and woman start off together instead of dragging us along for 7 years wondering if they will get together?

Mad About You did. And there are others, although most are family-focused rather than couple-focused.
Stephan
Member # 7549

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

Mad About You did. And there are others, although most are family-focused rather than couple-focused.
I loved Mad About You, but I wasn't including sitcoms. I was thinking about dramas like Bones and Castle.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.