FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NaNoWriMo 2010 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2010
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't clarified your NaNoWriMo username and want to be added to buddy lists, please post so below. I'll add in direct links as I am able.

Let me know if you accidentally got left off the list, if you were linked but don't want to be linked, if there are incorrect links, or if there is a group to link to as well.

NaNoWriMo participants (from this thread):
1. Chris Bridges
2. Bella Bee
3. Olivet
4. Nighthawk
5. manji
6. kwsni
7. CT
8. stacey
9. Lisa
10. pooka
11. Shanna
12. docmagik

Possibles?
1. advice for robots
2. Tinros
3. Synesthesia

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Maybe the next time this comes around I'll try it out, I suspect its already been sometime since its started.

It is for the month of November, so it started yesterday (November 1).

[ November 02, 2010, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: CT ]

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's me!
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
Find me here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/695529
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

[Smile] Updated.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I am here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/673851
Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

Found you! [Big Grin] Yay!
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
So how are we doing? Hanging in there?
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I always have trouble at the beginning, when I don't know who any body is. I've got all but one of my MC's named now, but still can't find the over-arching conflict. I'm behind on word count, but I'm going to try to make it up today, now that I'm rolling along. Also, my male MC has suddenly turned into John Constantine. Not that I mind, but he's hard to write, and kind of a jerk.

How is everybody else doing?

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I just broke the website with my awesome word count [Big Grin]
But seriously, they have over 190k writers this year. I remember when it was 5k.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Just got past 25,000. Dang -- I'm tired!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Crossed the finish line. Yippee! 50,000 plus. And I have more to go!

*happy dance* My NaNoWriMo page

[ November 30, 2010, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Just crossed 40,000. I was staying up with it all month and then Teresa' birthday, Thanksgiving, and my son's visit derailed me. But I got 4,000 words in today and I'm still feeling good about the next three.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Shan.

I'm hoping to finish tonight.

Hang in there, Chris!

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

How are you all doing???
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Finished, barely, with 50,052 words. Which should represent about a 1/3 of the final novel, keeping in mind that after I avoid the thing for a few days to clear my head I'm going to edit the hell out of what I've written and probably chop out 10,000 words or so.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Lessons learned from whipping out 50k words in a month

Late last night, just under the wire, I slid into the NaNoWriMo home plate with a final count of 50,052 words, and now I'm basking in the warm, tired feeling of accomplishment and slowly uncramping fingers.

Which is, more or less, the whole point of National Novel Writing Month (the accomplishment part). Would-be novelists who never seemed to find the time to get their opus on were challenged to produce 50,000 original words during the month of November. No penalties, few rewards, and yet over 200,000 people signed up this year to voluntarily cudgel their brains with a keyboard until they vomited words. Why? What do they get out of it, aside from something that, let's face it, will likely require several professional edits to rise the level of terrible?

More...

Shan
Member # 4550

Excellent article -- now I know better how to explain "why" to folks that wonder. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.