FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nasa Conference (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nasa Conference
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
katharina: You and Rabbit have a history, you need to remain cognizant of that, and show some restraint.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
For crying out loud, not you too.

[Smile]

Et tu, fugu?

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
The article is on the front page of Science, clearly labeled. Simply going to Science's website would make it immediately available to you. Further, so far it has not made it into any of the indexing services (at least as of earlier this morning), so there's no other way to get it.

I suppose I should have assumed you wouldn't do even something that simple, since your previous posts have shown that you did nothing other than look at the NASA press release, engaging in some rather silly speculation instead of taking five seconds on Google to find a source with more technical detail. Then, when I helped fill in the background you were speculating about, you were repeatedly rude. Unsurprisingly, when you then failed to follow up on direct information about where the article could be found in favor of being rude yet again, I got a bit testy.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously dudes, chill.

(That's a gender neutral usage of "dudes")

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I find that people are actually less cordial and more selfish when in cold temperatures. Maybe hatrack needs to warm up instead? (not too warm though)

[ December 03, 2010, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. It is December. Mayhap that has something to do with it. (That may just be my geographic bias talking though).
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Raymond, even here in sunny SoCal, I find myself considerably crankier in the winter months. (In my case, this is largely because of my allergies, though.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you allergic to that gets worse in winter?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
(Post Removed by Janitor Blade.)

(Rabbit, I've never seen you rant before, and I hated seeing you do it now. You were such a wonderful person to meet in real life, of course I would want you to come back, whenever you are ready.

Is everything else OK? I hate to play pop psychologist, but seeing you blow up like that makes me anxious that perhaps you are dealing with things that are very difficult. If you want to talk please don't hesitate to email me. I can't tolerate you attacking posters directly, but I don't blame you for needing to vent, I just want to make sure you are doing alright.

Hope if all is not well, that it will become so. I'm sorry if I had to remove your rant, but it can't serve any positive purpose remaining visible for all to read.)

[ December 03, 2010, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: JanitorBlade ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

@Rabbit: I don't begrudge you the opportunity to vent. I believe you had legitimate reason to be annoyed (not THAT annoyed but apparently there's other stuff going on as well), but I've found in the past that when I posted something like that, I usually regretted it. (Sometimes I get it out of my system by posting it, then deleting it shortly after and hoping nobody notices).

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Raymond, even here in sunny SoCal, I find myself considerably crankier in the winter months. (In my case, this is largely because of my allergies, though.)

I had a similar experience in Florida. "Winter" of course is a rather loose term (it's really "the 10 degrees cooler 4 month block that follows Hurricane season"). I got random rashes that at first I thought had to do with my roommate's cat, but went away and then came back next year at the same time.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I find this temperature theory highly dubious [Razz]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, don't piss away 10 years of being a hatrack member for one night of indignation.

Just edit/delete your post and don't open this thread again.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to do this, but I feel it necessary to lock this thread for now, so that Rabbit does not have to endure any sort of speculation/repercussions regarding her last post. Again, I'm sorry to have to lock a thread that was dealing with such a wonderful scientific development. It's a shame it couldn't be discussed civilly.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.