FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Crochet patterns

Author Topic: Crochet patterns
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
We've got a lot of crafty types here on Hatrack, and I'm sure at least a few of you crochet. I've recently taken it up, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I've made two belts and started a scarf so far.

My question is, do any of you know some good sites to find non-geeky projects to make? (Seriously, what's with crocheters and the doillies and baby blankets?) The yarn I bought had some, but I'd like to get some options.

Also, if anyone happens to know of any patterns that include thistles on them, that would be gravy. I've got some friends having a Scottish wedding next year, so thistles would be perfect.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
YouCanMakeThis.com has some free patterns for sewing, crocheting, knitting and more. Some of the free patterns are designated for charity - if you use them, you're supposed to make something for others. Example: preemie hats.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cookie Crisp
Member # 12312

- posted      Profile for Cookie Crisp   Email Cookie Crisp         Edit/Delete Post 
I get a lot of patterns from http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/
They have a ton of categories to choose from, and have compiled a list of patterns for each.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to crocheting! The best site I've found is called Ravelry; it's for knitters, crocheters, spinners, and weavers. You can keep track of your projects and yarns, and there is an extremely comprehensive pattern search that allows for a lot of different filtering. For example, I recently searched for a free hat knitting pattern that used at least two colors of worsted weight yarn.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Seconding Ravelry. LionBrand and Bernat both have websites with extensive pattern libraries online, including a pretty good variety of free stuff.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, gals. I'm not a big fan of Googling and clicking on tons of random links. I'm never quite sure what I'm getting for "free". Sites you use make me feel a lot safer.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.