FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which one is the worst? W. Bush or Obama?

Author Topic: Which one is the worst? W. Bush or Obama?
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
With the Re-Appointment of Ben Bernanke,
the appointment of Timothy Geithner,
the Health Care giant turd,
and now libya.

I am so voting for Obama in this poll.

His Pre-Election, Post Election performance rivals
that of Heath Ledger in 'The Dark Knight.

F U B O

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
An intelligent reasoned post could be made regarding to a subject matter similar to this, but clearly not here in this thread.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
'and now libya' makes me go all crosseyed here. Oh well, whatever
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Both of them were presidents that had to lead in very difficult times. This can make a truly wonderful President seem even better, but will likely make the average President seem even worse.

I don't think either of them are any more awful than the average politician. However, neither of them are truly remarkable either. So... they both SEEM like they screwed up far more than they got right.

As far as a comparison though, I really don't know. It's very hard to do a direct comparison when the situations are so vastly different.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering how poor I am, Obama's health care reform was ridiculous, trying to make health care like car insurance should never be done, especially with this continued depression.
(-100 points for (trying to) screwing honest poor people)

I never much cared for Bush. dragging us into a war.... well not really a war more like battleship.
Sure we may have the whole damn board filled and they only have one ship... but who's going to be doing more damage.. (-(subjective) points for all the deaths this game has costed)

Beep-bap-boop
I prefer not to vote for either, I am waiting for Communist candidate or someone of similar goals.
My friends and family think that is a terrible idea, but just because the candidate is Communist doesn't mean the government would be, party for the people, not party for the government...

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't even think about the war without wanting to throw something. Honestly, my biggest complaints about Obama tend to be about how much he's struggling to fix Bush's mistakes.

I will say that I have a brother who just got his first teaching job (albeit, temporary). I'm not looking forward to watching him come to harsh realization that NCLB is a disaster. I watched several friends who are currently teachers go through the same terrible wake-up call and it was depressing. Having attended public schools under Bush's time as Texas' governor, I have nothing to kind to say about what that man has done to education in my home state and in this country.

However, my brother's teacher salary means that his wallet now looks down its nose at mine. I'm ridiculously poor and yet, a quarter of my yearly income in the last twelve months has gone straight into the pockets of doctors, hospitals, and my insurance company. On Wednesday, I spent four hours on the phone listening to my hospital and my insurance company blaming each other for misfiling a claim. It ended with me promising to pay for their mistake and threatening legal action if I get one more bill in the mail.

Do I love the new healthcare bill? No. Do I think reform is way overdue in this country? YES! If nothing else, I'm glad that people are atleast talking about the state of health care in this country. I work in a bookstore in a time when e-reader sales are up and a depression is freezing consumer spending. Writing a $300 check for a doctor I met with for an hour is cutting into my ability to eat and keep the electricity on in my house.

Even my dad, who is an oil-company employed Republican likes most of the changes to healtcare under Obama. He saw what I went through being uninsured after college and he's happy my younger brothers will be better off.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will say that I have a brother who just got his first teaching job (albeit, temporary). I'm not looking forward to watching him come to harsh realization that NCLB is a disaster. I watched several friends who are currently teachers go through the same terrible wake-up call and it was depressing. Having attended public schools under Bush's time as Texas' governor, I have nothing to kind to say about what that man has done to education in my home state and in this country.

However, my brother's teacher salary means that his wallet now looks down its nose at mine. I'm ridiculously poor and yet, a quarter of my yearly income in the last twelve months has gone straight into the pockets of doctors, hospitals, and my insurance company. On Wednesday, I spent four hours on the phone listening to my hospital and my insurance company blaming each other for misfiling a claim. It ended with me promising to pay for their mistake and threatening legal action if I get one more bill in the mail.

It's stuff like this — both the educational system and our health system — which wounds me. How am I supposed to direct more ire to the person who's too busy botching a desperate cleanup attempt, than the people responsible for the mess in the first place?

~*my partisanship*~

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
Doctors are payed too much to paying attention.
I've been to the doctor over 20 times for my nose, and finally a new doctor say's you have a deviated septum. All them previous visit's I told the doctors I had trouble breathing out of my nose, they looked up my nose and would say "It's fine", "It's a little swollen on that side" and to top it off, "You should try using an anti-histamine.".

Basically they made a lot of money for- looking up my nose, and giving me a suggestions I could have gotten from a 5 year old...

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Rawrain:
Doctors are payed too much to paying attention.

what?
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Rawrain,

I've found it all depends on the doctor that you go to. Some doctors are so overwhelmed with patients they don't remember you remotely the next time they see you. Some doctors take time to write notes and seem to genuinely care. It's totally worth it to shop around until you find one you like.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
yawn
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.