FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How well do you see color? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How well do you see color?
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 

Neighbor: "Can't you give me a hint?"

Noah: "You want a hint?"

Neighbor: "Yes please."

Noah: "How long can you tread water?"

I used to sink like a stone too. Not so much anymore.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Given a father with red-green color blindess and a mother who is a carrier, both male and female children would have a 50% chance of being red-green colorblind. 100% of female children would be carriers.
You passed my test, very good!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Perfect from me. I did some screen-tilting for insurance.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You're pretty skinny, I'm not.
Heh. You apparently have not seen many recent pictures of me.

I'm going to the pool tomorrow, and will see how much easier it is to float.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a 34. Clearly my eyesight is horrible. My stepbrother got a perfect score.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graeme
Member # 12543

- posted      Profile for Graeme           Edit/Delete Post 
38. Now let the disclaimers begin...
It was late.
I was tired.
My screen contrast isn't that good.
This test was dumb!
Okay. 38 isn't terrible...

Posts: 47 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
I got 8

My 9 y.o. son (who is colorblind) scored 98

My wife thought I was cruel to make him take the test...

eta:

At the suggestion of my wife, I took the test again. After I had all the squares in the correct order (at least as far as I could tell) I moved the left-most square in each row to the far right, effectively shifting all the remaining squares one space to the left.

My wife wanted to know if scoring was based on a squares position in the grid or if scoring was based on a squares position relative to its neighbors.

I scored 422 and the results graph was all flat except for 4 bars (evenly spaced across the graph) at 100% and 4 bars (similarly spaced) at 50%. My guess is that scoring is based on relative position.

[ April 21, 2011, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: DSH ]

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I scored 25 with my browser at its default settings and 0 when I blow the image up a couple of steps. I tried both ways a couple of times and its reproducible. When I was working with the smaller screen, the regions where I made the most areas were not reproducible.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just tried floating on my back.

Even at 250 lb., I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. If I held my breath, my body would sink until pretty much the only thing above the water was my face. Then as soon as I took even a small breath, I sank completely under.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
16. Better than I thought I'd do.

And WAAAAY better than I'd do if they were expecting me to name the colors.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
7, which is vastly better than I expected and also better than I felt like I was doing.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
August
Member # 12307

- posted      Profile for August   Email August         Edit/Delete Post 
26, and yet somehow I'm an art student? Go figure.
Posts: 47 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
I got an 8 which surprised me, I've always thought my color perception sucked. Plus I rushed the last two because I have a bit of a nagging headache at the moment.
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to take the test but I got tired of trying to distinguish hues after only about 10 moves.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.