FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Star Wars: The Old Republic (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
So my current stable:

Sith Marauder: 13
Imperial Agent: 10
Jedi Guardian: 10

I actually think I may put my Marauder on a shelf for a bit. It's probably my favorite of my three characters, but the problem is that now that the two imperial toons are off the starting planet, there is now too much overlap in missions and planets. I'm the kind of player that likes to alternate between playing two or more toons, and doing the same missions on subsequent play sessions isn't much fun. Having 50% of my missions specific to the class helps, but not enough.

I'd retire my Agent instead, but I can't find any build/character/story on the Republic side that I am eager to play besides the Jedi Knight. Since the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior are basically the same base class, I felt there was too much overlap in play style even with different advanced classes.

This sort of "main/alt" juggling is pretty typical for me. In WoW my eventual main was my fifth toon to get out of the starting zones.

I've been visiting the forums for advice on the classes, but I now regret it. The forums on an MMO are truly poison to my enjoyment. It's hard to be excited about my Jedi Guardian when the entire sub-forum is a big bitch session about how much the class sucks. The Marauder forums aren't much better.

So I guess that's what you mean about them needing to be fixed. It's too bad that the most underpowered class is the one I am most interested in playing. Wouldn't be the first time that has been the case. I just hope my normal solo PVE experience isn't too frustrating, like some are saying it gets at higher levels.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having a blast as an Imperial Sniper Agent.

The storyline is absolutely amazing, filled with double agents, triple agents, subversion, mind control, etc. Its freaking awesome.

I'm about level 36 right now and I'm enjoying it a lot. I am pretty angry that they nerfed slicing though...I went from making about 7-10k an hour to making only about 5k. I still have about 240k credits for when I hit 40, but I'm dreading training costs for level 50 mounts.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
oh no, they nerfed your free money tradeskill, how sad!

(point of fact: discovered an exploit with artifice which gave me a hojillion credits, so who am I to talk)

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
And that exploit is...? [Smile]
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
If you preordered, you could buy the preorder crystals from a vendor at the fleet for ten credits a piece.

Artificers could reverse-engineer these Artifact-level color crystals for parts, infinitely.

I flat-out telephoned someone at bioware austin about it, and they had it hotfixed in three days.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.