FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » rivka agrees with Jebus all the time (does she secretly think he is the best?) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: rivka agrees with Jebus all the time (does she secretly think he is the best?)
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it the fancy thing, Rakeesh? I figured "fancy" was an old-timey enough word for you folks that it wouldn't be taken seriously. Over here it is actually used instead of "crush" or "like like" or whatever else the kids are saying, but since we're in the minority on the site, I figured it would work.

quote:
Originally posted by Parkour:
You can try to roll with the punches all you want, but you have legitimately been immature and creepy here, and you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Ok, right, so now I'm creepy. Just because I spent hours reading every single post rivka has ever made, and categorising them into pro-Jebus, anti-Jebus and other (a suprisingly large column), I'm now creepy?

If this is creepy, I don't want to be normal.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
So I guess to up the ante, jebus decided to bring up allegations about my dating life in really bad taste as a way to try to take a shot at me, just to make sure the thread had that special something.

You're right, it was out of order, I'm sure you pose the question much more delicately than I phrased it.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
I don't know...how he knew or thought he knew about your dating life.

Samp posted in the "Bob rape thread" that he would secure verbal consent at the beginning of the date...if I remember correctly.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ok, right, so now I'm creepy. Just because I spent hours reading every single post rivka has ever made, and categorising them into pro-Jebus, anti-Jebus and other (a suprisingly large column), I'm now creepy?

If this is creepy, I don't want to be normal.

Wow. Um.. I didn't find it particularly creepy until you described it that way. Now I'm thinking you should seriously consider getting some psychological help.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

I know, and can you believe my horror when someone told me after all that that the forum has a search function?

Oi!

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, that post of jebus' was obviously a joke.

It would take much longer than a matter of hours to read every one of rivka's posts.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Argh, foiled by my lack of attention to details.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I only know cause I've tried.

This week, Tom Davidson!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Let me know what he says about me, OK?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
I don't know...how he knew or thought he knew about your dating life.

Samp posted in the "Bob rape thread" that he would secure verbal consent at the beginning of the date...if I remember correctly.
It's that I have a personal policy of: if I'm going out with someone in a relationship where we haven't had sex yet, then the decision to progress to having sex is only going to occur (on my end) while we're both sober. If we haven't decided on that (in effect, "securing consent" in the most mechanical language) one way or another before booze comes into the picture, then I'm fine with abstaining until the next date, rather than jumping on an opportunity that may be just because we're both drunk. Depending on the person and the circumstances, communication about this decision can turn out to be very fast and straightforward! The policy has never caused me any trouble, people appreciate it, and it's avoided what would have otherwise been ill-advised pairings (confessions the next day that she has a boyfriend and was about to be unfaithful, etc).
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
THE MORE YOU KNOW about my dating life but w/e
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

[Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rivka's response to the thread in all probability: 'lol whatever,'

Never. Roughly the equivalent, sure. But I loathe "whatever" as one-word response, and tacking a "lol" on it does not help.

quote:
Originally posted by manji:
I dispute that four times in the past two years equates to "all the time". Or that it even represents a trend.

That was my initial response as well. But you know, jebus clearly has a lot of time on his hands.

Almost as much as Strider, apparently. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I loathe "whatever" as one-word response, and tacking a "lol" on it does not help.
QFT!!

It's so passive aggressive.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
So not lolwhatever but the equivalent of what that intends?

.... [Smile]

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Rivka's response to the thread in all probability: 'lol whatever,'

Never. Roughly the equivalent, sure. But I loathe "whatever" as one-word response, and tacking a "lol" on it does not help.
So I guess you could use the rolleyes smiley instead,
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
But I loathe "whatever" as one-word response, and tacking a "lol" on it does not help.
QFT!!

It's so passive aggressive.

lol, whatever.
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
When someone asks me a question like "Do you want to do X or Y?" and I don't have a preference I say "whichever"...as to me "whatever" means "go soak your head, I don't give a crap".
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Parkour:
So not lolwhatever but the equivalent of what that intends?

.... [Smile]

I would have chosen the expression "wryly amused". Which I suppose is loosely equivalent but to me at least, it doesn't express as much contempt as "whatever".
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.