FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2011. (Gauging Interest)

Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2011. (Gauging Interest)
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized it's the first of December and usually we get things started sooner than this. Sorry for the delay. Like last year, I would like to gauge interest for this. Right now, simply voice whether you'd be interested in participating this year, and I will allow about 5-7 days for people to say so. After that, if we have enough, we'll do "Things I like as gifts" for a few days, and simultaneously you'll be given your assignment.

Right now I'm considering saying gifts do not need to arrive by the 25th, but they do need to be sent by the end of the month. Does that work for everybody?

Consider it officially open! [Smile]

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Also if you are willing to help me organize this, say so. I'd very much prefer not to do everything on my own. [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

- posted      Profile for Ace of Spades           Edit/Delete Post 
All I really want is an apology.

Strictly speaking, i guess that wouldn't be a gift since it is something you owe me.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades:

Strictly speaking, i guess that wouldn't be a gift since it is something you owe me.

I don't feel I owe you any sort of apology. I'm sure if you really wanted one, and were truly interested in discussing it, you'd be emailing me directly, rather than broadcasting your grievances on the forum.

Please don't do this here, this thread has a very specific purpose, and I'd very much like for it to happen again this year.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades:

Ooooh, someone's getting coal!
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.babyblues.com/archive/index.php?formname=getstrip&GoToDay=12/01/2006
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in, but not up for organizing.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested in participating, but not running it.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Participating -- yep! (Sorry, organizing -- no.)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

[Wink] <---- Link.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, can I be Foxy Loxy?
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in, and I'd be willing to help organize!
Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason I keep reading this thread title as "gouging interest" rather than "gauging interest". I must have some subconscious association between gift exchanges and being gouged.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
For some reason I keep reading this thread title as "gouging interest" rather than "gauging interest". I must have some subconscious association between gift exchanges and being gouged.

People living outside the United States have to spend double the agreed upon standard so that we can take advantage of all the exotic stuff y'all take for granted.
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for participating this year, but I think shipping by the end of the month would be more reasonable than by Christmas.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Put my name in the hat this year.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Will do! [Smile]
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
i want to join in
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Blackblade: I died laughing at your link.

I'm not too interested in participating, but I look forward to hearing about all the crazy gifts people give.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
People living outside the United States have to spend double the agreed upon standard so that we can take advantage of all the exotic stuff y'all take for granted.

What about all that "exotic stuff" y'all take for granted in the USA. All I want for Christmas is a few hundred good corn tortillas.
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

What about all that "exotic stuff" y'all take for granted in the USA. All I want for Christmas is a few hundred good corn tortillas.
Mmmmm.... homemade corn tortillas dripping with butter... I need to go across the street and get me some!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Expect assignments and a new thread for posting what sorts of things you like later today.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by DDDaysh:
quote:
quote:

Mmmmm.... homemade corn tortillas dripping with butter... I need to go across the street and get me some!
[Razz]
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Featured this topic again because I realize that many people will assume the new thread is just the old one and there's nothing they need to see in there.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.