FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am now a very proud father

Author Topic: I am now a very proud father
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Sasha, on his own, has decided to watch and become a Doctor Who fan.

I tried. I suggested. I pushed, but he showed no interest. Then his older friends started talking about it, so now he's on Netflix doing a Doctor a Day.

My wife is not so thrilled. Her boyfriend before me admitted to her that he liked Doctor Who more than he liked her. He was also extremely weird. She's hated Doctor Who ever since, and tolerates my watching if she doesn't have to join in.

My son and I discussing the finer parts of Daleks drives her crazy.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my girlfriend to begin watching, and she's loving it so far. Of course, we started with the Matt Smith episodes. We just finished the Weeping Angels two-parter.
Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have great sympathy for your wife.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
shit sucks.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that riveting contribution!

My brother convinced me to watch the good doctor despite my "timey wimey is stupid" stance. I am now a whovian.

I got my mom to start watching, she is in season two and warming to David Tenant after feeling betrayed when Eccleston died. I worry that she may stop watching when Matt Smith inexplicably shows up.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
After years of trying to convince my wife she'd like Doctor Who, she gave it a shot, and is absolutely hooked.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to +1 Rivka and Umberhulk (though -1 to Umberhulk for his presentation).

It's just too corny and campy, I can't get into it. Still, I'm glad you and your kid are bonding over it. [Smile]

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first few of the... ninth doctor? I think? The ony played by Christopher Eccleston. And they were okay, but...

Then we watched the gas mask episode. You know the one, the two parter. I had nightmares for a week. Children asking where mummy was.

It hooked me. Now I just need to get netflix back, so I can watch more.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped watching after Eccleston died. I've seen a few, and liked them, but I just lost interest a bit.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.