FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is a dumb game do not play it

Author Topic: This is a dumb game do not play it
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
http://candies.aniwey.net/

definitely don't play this game. Nothing special happens. It's dumb.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
http://dukope.com/

Also this one, definitely do not download the demo and play it. I mean, come on, "A Dystopian Document Thriller"

Like come on how dreary and pointless a game concept can you get. A border checkpoint inspector in a terrible communist regime, like that's supposed to be fun or intriguing.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
http://candies.aniwey.net/

definitely don't play this game. Nothing special happens. It's dumb.

Disagree, it's clearly pushing what a game is into new uncharted waters.

9/10 for graphics
11/10 for interface
8/10 for sound
10/10 for re-playability.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Absolutely do not listen to BB and do not play that game.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
One of us is telling the truth.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I just attained a prestige level on it.

ETA
I would hold it against you for turning me onto this, but now I can spread this lil' internet transmitted disease to my friends. Thanks.

[ May 07, 2013, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: AchillesHeel ]

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* I'm working my way up to Bug Level 7.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Bug Level 3 actually made that absurdly easy once I realized my run of bad luck was atypical.

Here's what the game looks like when you thoroughly beat it:
http://candies.aniwey.net/index.php?pass=yh7mh

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
My saves do not work. [Frown]
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I beat the game then exited and my save didn't work... God. Damn. You. All.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

- posted      Profile for Thesifer           Edit/Delete Post 
We played it for a little while at work, until we just started messing with the Javascript, made ourselves have infinite everything, and ruined the game for us. [Frown]
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Fun.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
I accidentally got hooked. I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

...and this is from a guy who has no interest in Farmville.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't get save to work. Is it working for anyone else? I will have to try a different browser.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Save works for me. It has never not worked.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the same problem with save, but I'm not sure what caused it. I think it had something to do with the fact that instead of continuing to save under the same name, it kept creating a new name for me upon each new save.

But whatever was causing it to do that, the current game I've been playing hasn't had any problems saving at all.

[ May 14, 2013, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

Saving under a new code each time is intended functionality, I think. Save sometimes works for me and sometimes not. I think the server storing the save parameters is not very reliable.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
well, my new game just keeps saving under the same name. But i'll take that over not saving at all.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

I'm the Admin and Developer of http://www.riseofterror.com , but still have nowhere near the amount of people playing. I guess my game actually isn't fun. [Frown] Or takes too long for people to get into. The ones that play regularly seem to really enjoy it.
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

quote:
Originally posted by Thesifer:
I'm the Admin and Developer of http://www.riseofterror.com , but still have nowhere near the amount of people playing. I guess my game actually isn't fun. [Frown] Or takes too long for people to get into. The ones that play regularly seem to really enjoy it.

Unlike the links above, yours is not blocked at work (yet). I'll give it a try.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

Don't be upset by the popularity of candies though. It is a walk down memory lane for children of the 70s and 80s.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Saves didn't work for me, so I gave up. That was after I left my laptop on all night to accumulate points.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
Don't be upset by the popularity of candies though. It is a walk down memory lane for children of the 70s and 80s.

I've actually added a 'quest' system that works almost exactly like a MUD. Course it's only for level 10 and up, I need to expand it to allow newer players to get in there as well. Fun for me because I can add easter eggs and such.
scifibum
Member # 7625

quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
Saves didn't work for me, so I gave up. That was after I left my laptop on all night to accumulate points.

If you want to see what happens, and have already given up on doing it the "fun" way, then it's pretty easy to tinker with the javascript variables that represent your candies and lollipops and thereby accelerate the game enough to get through some quests.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So I have to know, am I missing something in my inventory? The bottom box in the second column is empty. I have everything else and have been spending my time squashing bugs but that last box is killing me.

Edit: Nvm, its a unicorn horn. Nothing to see here...

[ May 17, 2013, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Dr Strangelove ]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It's the fact that you have to register before you can play. Candy box just immediately starts up and gets ya hooked.
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

Yeah, different type of game though, and a lot longer term. Maybe facebook registration or something would help. Or maybe there would be somewhat to 'just start in' in some sort of sort of sandbox, and then have them register once they're involved in the game.
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Mesmerizing:

http://iloveyoulikeafatladylovesapples.com/

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

quote:
Originally posted by Foust:
Mesmerizing:

Is there more after eating the apples and her back popping them out? Or is that the extent?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

have any of you even tried Papers Please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brTJzrXQVLU

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Foust:
Mesmerizing:

Is there more after eating the apples and her back popping them out? Or is that the extent?
Yes
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thesifer
Member # 12890

I noticed at least one person from here started on RoT (Rise of Terror).. If you have any feedback for me that could improve the game experience, I'd be happy to hear it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.