FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2014 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2014
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Because then I get the last pick.

Worst idea ever.

But you would get the very first second pick!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else not able to find where to go into the draft room? I only see a thing talking about how we're on autodraft again.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

5 days until season starts
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Your league's Autopick Draft, your roster will remain empty until after your league's draft.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
this is screwed. I rest it to live draft , and now it's BACK on autodraft. We are borked tonight.

We can always do it tomorrow, or next weekend. I know we have a game on Tuesday, but we can always start our season on week 2, or include the totals manually.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The only way I can do it tomorrow is if it's done around noon, EST. Otherwise almost any night this week would be fine.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

*sigh* [Wall Bash] [Grumble] [Cry] [Wall Bash]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I know. I've never had ANY issue with Yahoo before, but this is horrible.

Sorry guys!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

We will be drafting Monday night at 8:15PM EST. It will be a live draft, Yahoo allowing,
set your auto-draft selections so you aren't selecting blind if you can't make it.

[ September 01, 2013, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

On Yahoo you said 815.

Is it 9pm or 815pm?

Kwea
Member # 2199

815pm.

I tried for 9pm, but it was taken.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Half hour! Here we go!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Third time's a charm? I'm trying to temper my excitement until we actually get int he draft room.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm in the draft room.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

And you are 11th.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think it'd be fun if everyone voted for who they thing will win this year, based just on the draft results (other than themselves).

My pick is The Losers. Solid draft work.

I think Kwea has a strong shot as well though.

Everyone might want to take a peek at their lineups right now for this week and hit the waiver wire if necessary. Lots of people drafted started defensive players who are injured.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I can't even find the wavier wire in this new setup. I hate it...
Kwea
Member # 2199

I think Losers, and then Lyr. I wanted the Danny A. Brady matchup, but you got to each right as I was about to take them.

Although the Manning/Welker connection is great too. [Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

well, yahoo grades teh drafts....and Lyr, Losers and Wolf pack all got A+ drafts.

I got a B, and Vash got a B+.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I just saw the Draft Report Card thing and it's pretty clever on Yahoo's part.

I might have gotten the best overall draft report, but Losers are actually projected to go undefeated this season.

Teams drafting 11 and 12 are projected to go 2 and 1 in the standings. I think we actually got an advantage because of the really really weak RB depth this year. We both got 2 of the top 14 RBs, where as the first two picks got 1/2 and then 23 and 24. But the dropoff in the middle of the second round is pretty huge. Still, having Martin and AP make up for a lot of that.

An interested draft. Really shows that a top flight draft position isn't all its cracked up to be.

Kwea
Member # 2199

This year...maybe. Overall though it can make or break a team. Not every year is this thin.

I bet I go more than 6-6 though. [Big Grin]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Superstation didn't do very well on his defense drafting again this year. My not being here really damaged that, and I partially blame the change of draft day (though I would have missed a lot of Saturday, too). He picked four players that aren't even on teams. He likes the idea of IDPs, but he sure doesn't put in the time necessary. He'll be making a lot of moves Thursday, I'd wager.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

There's a TON of IDP talent still on the board.

I see at least three linebackers left that probably should have been drafted by someone. He shouldn't have a problem finding top notch guys for that position. Though Lavonte David is a solid linebacker pick.

DE and DL might be a little trickier, but he has a great back in Patrick Peterson, just needs to move him down.

He'll be fine by Thursday night.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I am grabbing some of those IDPs since I totally spaced on even trying to join the draft on my phone. LOL.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
The waiver system doesn't let you put in a pickup more than once. That means I have to guess which ones will go through and which won't, because I can't put in a backup. I don't like that.

(In case it wasn't clear: I put in a request for player Z, dropping player A. My second choice is player Y. I would normally put in a request for player Y, dropping player A. Then another request for player Y, dropping player B. This would allow me to possibly pick up both players, but if I only get one of them then I drop the player I most wish to drop.)

(If that wasn't clear, sorry, no can make better.)

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

First game is tonight! Make sure your necessary roster spots are filled if you have someone playing!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Okay Kwea, it looks like you made the right choice getting the Welker-Manning connection over the Amendola-Brady connection.

Monster numbers.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Superstation better learn to shut up pretty soon. You can't be smack-talking so early in the game. Part of me is glad D. Thomas stepped up, though of course I hope Superstation still wins. I'd just like him to learn some humility along the way.

Heckuva start for you, too, Kwea. Amendola-Brady could still do ok, but I don't suspect I'll see anyone topping Manning's numbers this week. Maybe his brother will try to show him up, which would be good for Mooselet in his league.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Manning's numbers are like once a decade numbers. No one beats that this week. Brady-Amendola just need to meet their targets.

But if they want to put up monster numbers, I'll take it. Thomas owners got lucky on that last play, really lucky. Actually they got lucky on the other TD as well.

Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone watching this packers/niners game? This is good stuff.

I don't know how your scoring works but if you have Kapernick, Davis and Boldin, you might have a shot at Manning.

Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Rodgers, Davis and Boldin?

This... this was a nice fantasy game.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Looks like Superstation couldn't pull it out, but it's barely within stat correction range. We'll have to see. Either way, good match. Sup's gonna hate himself if he loses because he pulled out a "probable" Brian Cushing.
Wingracer
Member # 12293

Any of you have Garcon, Santana Moss or Alfred Morris? Week 1 isn't over yet and I bet at least one of them has a big game.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I have Alfred Morris and Arian Foster left this week.

I'm hoping at least one of them blows up to give me a little cushion. I'm still projected to win, but I'd rather be the guy 9 points up than 9 points down.

On another note, I'm cross posting something I posted on the HR league wall on Yahoo regarding waiver wire rules that has me pretty confused.

"I'm a little confused on how waivers work.

Don't players lock after they play a game for the week until like the following Tuesday or Wednesday when everyone gets a crack at them based on their waiver position?

I ask because I'm confused as to how Julius Thomas could be picked up basically the day after he played last Thursday. Should he have been locked, or is everyone up for grabs 24/7 unless they've been released?

Cause that seems to make waiver priority numbering pretty stupid. I was sort of saving my number 2 spot for someone exactly like J. Thomas, but if we can grab people whenever, why do we even have ordering? I don't remember it being like that in the past."

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I have Garcon...me hopes he lights it up. And Floyd also.

Lyr: I'll cross answer:

"The rules section says:

Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday

So I guess even though he played Thursday, since it was before Sunday, he was available. *shrug*"

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That's incredibly stupid if that's the case.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Available to bench that is...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Also, this game is turning into an utter disaster for me.
Wingracer
Member # 12293

Looking like Vick and McCoy were the guys to have so far.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Great. Now I bet they pull Morris and instead of getting 10-15 points, he'll probably end the game in the negative.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

To my recollection, last year we changed it after week 1 to make any player whose team had played go to waivers. And it happened after a player had a surprisingly good week 1 on Thursday night, then didn't do very much the rest of the season, or so I seem to recall.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think we should make that same change then. Whether or not that one case didn't work out for the person who tried it, it really just not consistent.
Wingracer
Member # 12293

Morris got a TD for you. But McCoy has 171 yards and a TD with 11 min still to play. And against one of last years best rush defenses. This could be a fun year for Eagles fans. Sucks for me though [Mad]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You're still up. It's going to come down to the most unstable element: Fosteronium.
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Though I don't play Fantasy Football, I just dropped by to say I REALLY enjoyed the Eagles-Skins game. As an Eagles fan, there hasn't been much to celebrate for the last 2 years, but MAN, this was a fun game to watch. The best quote of the night came from Jason Kelce, who said that during the last two kneel-downs, a Washington d-lineman came up to him and said "next time we play, y'all gotta slow it down some." Fat chance!
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I will look and see....we have the same songs we had last year. ...I don't think I changed any of them...

I didn't mean to start Sudfield over Gonzo... guess I just didn't switch it back or hit save...

I was going to play Eldeleman but switched him for Sanders. Not my brightest move... that's what i get for listening to the so called experts.

Kwea
Member # 2199

If someone is a free agent they can be picked up at any time. If they are on Waivers, there is a cooling period.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

And if you drop a player you can't turn around and pick them up off of waivers -- you have to wait until they go free agent. Or at least that's how it worked last year. So if you have first position on the waiver wire, don't drop a player you want to keep under the assumption that you have first call on getting him back.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
If someone is a free agent they can be picked up at any time. If they are on Waivers, there is a cooling period.

I don't ever remember playing in a league like that. Most leagues lock players after their team has played. Other wise the waiver system would be virtually useless.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

That's not what Kwea was saying, I don't think. We agree that Thomas should have been on waivers, and technically he was.

The issue is that all players were put on waivers after the draft. Thomas was drafted, then dropped when everyone opened up on the 5th, so he went on waiver until the 7th (two days for any dropped player). After playing the night of the 5th, his whole team should have been put on waivers until the 10th, but he didn't (I don't know about the rest). So the waiver request that Vash intended for the 10th went through on the 7th. I think we all agree that shouldn't be how it works -- just that it's what happened.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.