FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is the best show on TV? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What is the best show on TV?
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Cowboy Bebop The Movie > Serenity

and it is a great show

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
Game of Thrones
The Newsroom
Homeland (just started watching season 3)
Person of Interest
The Americans
The Blacklist
Arrow and Archer, but I have to watch them without the gf. She says they are stupid, then goes to OnDemand Pretty Little Liars!

Okay, first of all your gf is dumb. You can tell her that the internet said that. Second, Game of Thrones and The Blacklist are sooo good. I love them both. Now that Breaking Bad is over, GoT is actually my favorite show.

You have some good choices, too!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by umberhulk:
I'll help you.

Also, the first season of homeland is great, but the second season isn't.

I'm almost through the second season. I think there was a dropoff in quality, but, not a dramatic one. Parts of it are irksome, but overall some pretty interesting stuff.

I feel a bit like when Season 2 of TWD hit and everyone hated the year on the farm. I didn't think it was so bad.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
Since nobody else has mentioned "Suits" since I did, let me reiterate that it is, in my opinion, the best show on TV right now. Seriously, give it a chance. I think the first season or two are on Netflix.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
And now OSC has recommended Suits as the best show on TV in his latest column.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I love Suits. It gets a little silly sometimes, but always entertaining.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Tor.com has a nice discussion going for True Detective so I just watched the first episode. Very interesting. They say it gets even better around episode four so I can't wait to see the rest.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
The Americans is starting up again.

It's about soviet spies who are living a disguise as a married american family. They have kids as part of their cover. And with the Reagan era starting, their life begins to get riskier and an FBI agent inexplicably moves across the street. Not in contention for best show, but its really fun and well acted.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:
quote:
If Firefly was actually called "Star Cowboys" I never would have watched it.

Cowboy Bebop.
I just tried to "Like" your Cowboy Bebop post and I was confused for longer than I'd like to admit on why I couldn't.
I've done that.....recently....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I like both Suits and White Collar. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stilesbn
Member # 11809

- posted      Profile for stilesbn   Email stilesbn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Americans is starting up again.

It's about soviet spies who are living a disguise as a married american family. They have kids as part of their cover. And with the Reagan era starting, their life begins to get riskier and an FBI agent inexplicably moves across the street. Not in contention for best show, but its really fun and well acted.

I started watching that when it came out and discovered that I have a weak stomach for rape scenes. So I stopped watching it. Not a condemnation or anything, it was almost surprising to me since I've watch plenty of other types of violence in media without much of a problem. Apparently that one hit a dischord with me.
Posts: 362 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
I recently finished True Detective and it was great. Everyone here should watch it immediately.

Also, The Following is pretty solid, as is Bates Motel. Believe seems good so far, but there are only two episodes so it's tough to say.

As usual, the Blacklist is proving to be an emotional roller coaster. This week's episode was brilliant and almost had me in tears at the end. Holy crap, I love that show.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched all ten episodes of Orphan Black over the course of three days and was BLOWN AWAY with how much I am still into it. The last two episodes were a little shaky, but that show is a whirlwind of amazingness. My favorite new drama show in recent memory. I would say if episode 2 doesn't hook you in, I don't know who you are.

lots of love [Cool] LT

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
Just discovered Ozark on Netflix and The Expanse on Amazon. Both are excellent IMO. I also watched Counterpart and really enjoyed that first season as well.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

- posted      Profile for MarekAgain           Edit/Delete Post 
Legion is a pretty interesting show
Posts: 108 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.