FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Net Neutrality Wins! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Net Neutrality Wins!
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
Twice now I've returned from vacation to find this thread more bizarre than it was when I left. The fun never stops on Hatrack. Haha.
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Milord I am an Asian (half)
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by capaxinfiniti:
Twice now I've returned from vacation to find this thread more bizarre than it was when I left. The fun never stops on Hatrack. Haha.

We're really, we're just extra so super proud of you champ. We're rooting for you.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

quote:
Originally posted by Parkour:
quote:

We're really, we're just extra so super proud of you champ. We're rooting for you.
Parkour, what happened to your usual cherry disposition? Don't let negativity sour your online interactions. [Smile]
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

quote:
quote:
quote:

Parkour, what happened to your usual cherry disposition? Don't let negativity sour your online interactions. [Smile]
We're behind you 100%, kiddo. You won't let this keep you down. We believe in you.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We're behind you 100%, kiddo. You won't let this keep you down. We believe in you.
Ahh, I see your comprehension skills are still woefully substandard. Better work on that, champ! [Wink] And thanks, but "your" support is hardly needed.

[ January 06, 2015, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: capaxinfiniti ]

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
https://i.imgflip.com/dw2a2.jpg
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ahh, I see your comprehension skills are still woefully substandard. Better work on that, champ! [Wink] And thanks, but "your" support is hardly needed.
Don't worry man. We got your back on this one. In time, you'll lick this thing. We're all really proud of you.
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
https://i.imgflip.com/dw2a2.jpg

Simple answer: Parkour is my non-secret admirer.
Parkour
Member # 12078

Don't worry tiger. It's really okay. It's okay. We're not going to give up on you just yet.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
The question of net neutrality is dead. Title II "common carrier status" is all but confirmed by FCC chairman

We won!

Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
When the signatures are on the relevant paperwork I'll celebrate. And then watch to see how ISPs get around it.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
Luckily for us, there's a lot of corrupt money on our side for a change.

And in other equally gleeful news McCain might kill the F-35. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness for the US military, which stood to be destroyed if it continued! [Wink]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Thank goodness for the US military, which stood to be destroyed if it continued! [Wink]

... what?
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

They're referring to my only slightly hyperbolic remark that the F-35 could very well have led to the 'downfall of the US military' but was mainly a reference to George Orwell's commentary on war for war's sake; where the development of weapon systems isn't to achieve a practical purpose but to waste resources that could otherwise be used for the advancement of human welfare.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Holy cow you know there were other people there you know!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

I cannot know it to be truth that there exists other individuals aside from myself, but I can only know it to be truth that I exist, therefore, because I think that I exist, I must exist.
Parkour
Member # 12078

quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:
They're referring to my only slightly hyperbolic remark that the F-35 could very well have led to the 'downfall of the US military' but was mainly a reference to George Orwell's commentary on war for war's sake; where the development of weapon systems isn't to achieve a practical purpose but to waste resources that could otherwise be used for the advancement of human welfare.

I bet you're just making all of this "it was mainly a reference to George Orwell" up as an excuse after you said it and caught some flak for it.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

It certainly wasn't mentioned at the time. Elison doesn't pivot to Orwell, really.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

Are you gaslighting me? Link to the thread.

quote:

Technical progress can cease and the most palpable facts can be denied or disregarded. As we have seen, researches that could be called scientific are still carried out for the purposes of war, but they are essentially a kind of daydreaming, and their failure to show results is not important. Efficiency, even military efficiency, is no longer needed.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You know, I had forgotten about that, though it did happen a week later than the initial remark. But you did qualify it, sort of.

Anyway, I forgot that you had referenced Orwell so directly, so I'm sorry about that. The truth is, that was a shot about your support for authoritatian governments more than my memory of the thread, so doubly egg on my face!

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
He referenced Orwell but his initial point was attempted to be substantiated on lines indicating a motor literal meaning. Since he's always printing out assertions of western fallibility, or failure to the future growth and development of his slavishly loved Russians and Chinese, the shoe fits
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

That seems like every Blayne conversation about military hardware, bored now.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
You know, I had forgotten about that, though it did happen a week later than the initial remark. But you did qualify it, sort of.

Anyway, I forgot that you had referenced Orwell so directly, so I'm sorry about that. The truth is, that was a shot about your support for authoritatian governments more than my memory of the thread, so doubly egg on my face!

Thank you, [Smile] I apologize for the accusation. I got angry because of Parkour's and Samprimary's aggressive idiocy and in the latter's case, is outright lying.

quote:

He referenced Orwell but his initial point was attempted to be substantiated on lines indicating a motor literal meaning. Since he's always printing out assertions of western fallibility, or failure to the future growth and development of his slavishly loved Russians and Chinese, the shoe fits

I love how you just apparently take whatever I said probably around 2008 or even earlier and take it 100% at face value and force feed it into the context of whatever we discussed recently, regardless of any context or evidence I provide.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.