FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Net Neutrality Wins! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Net Neutrality Wins!
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Parkour:
why am I even doing this

Well, why are you? Samprimary made a poor assumption then multiple people took stupid to the next level by jumping to his defense. I'm betting you, Sam, and "TomDavidson" keep trying to make something of nothing. Two posts from each of you by tomorrow night. That's all but guaranteed. Haha.
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
why am I even doing this

Well, every time I see your username I want to yell "parkour!" and do a flip off the back of my couch or something, so there's that.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by capaxinfiniti:
quote:
why am I even doing this

Well, why are you? Samprimary made a poor assumption then multiple people took stupid to the next level by jumping to his defense. I'm betting you, Sam, and "TomDavidson" keep trying to make something of nothing. Two posts from each of you by tomorrow night. That's all but guaranteed. Haha.
I was asking myself that question because it was pretty obvious that you were going to continue to be stupid and try to 'roll with the punches' and continue down your road of unforced errors Pretty much exactly what we got really.

Your response to Blayne was dumb. I'm sorry you can't not make it dumber or just own up to it or anything.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

Here's post number two for you though homebro.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

quote:
Here's post number two for you though homebro.

Way to be a predictable little pawn.

Despite it being rather simple you're having real trouble understanding so let me put it in plain words for you: My original post wasn't a response to any one thing that was posted. In keeping with most of the bull**** on this thread, it was a provocative link presented sans comment. The fact that is was basically a nonsequitur and only tangentially related makes it all the more fitting. Again, just a game that obviously you (and sam and tom) didn't understand. It's a failure on your part, not mine.

Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nobody can claim absolute knowledge about whether you read the link or not (omg he can't even prove you exists!) which is a different thing than not extending you the benefit of the doubt with your attempt to save face by claiming you read the link. Which people will do. People just pretty much don't believe you because you've acted like you have for years on this forum.

That and like Tommy Davidsonny said the alternative explanation makes you look even worse so ok keep trying to roll with it.

You must be an alt for Samprimary.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

There are two hatrackers (who aren't us) who have definitely seen both of us in the same room. The moderator has also played in the same game as both of us which would be kind of uncomfortable for one mortal to do. So yeah sorry Gaal but only one of the two of us can be Batman.

(it's me)

quote:
Despite it being rather simple you're having real trouble understanding so let me put it in plain words for you: My original post wasn't a response to any one thing that was posted. In keeping with most of the bull**** on this thread, it was a provocative link presented sans comment. The fact that is was basically a nonsequitur and only tangentially related makes it all the more fitting. Again, just a game that obviously you (and sam and tom) didn't understand. It's a failure on your part, not mine.
You are not understanding and I want to know if it is on purpose. Listen -- even if this is really how it went down it really looks like you didn't click Blayne Bradley's link and nobody gives you the benefit of the doubt and they think you are just trying to save face. It's a game you made for yourself where even if you are telling the truth and could prove that to us it just makes you look dumber because that's pretty dumb. But I don't think most forumites think you're telling the truth. And that;s kind of to your benefit.

For sure though if you don't get it feel free to lay out some more of your obvious frustrations and scorn and I can again explain the shortcomings of the strategy of "you failed at playing my game"!

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Parkour and Sam are friends. They've been verified in MeatSpace and everything. [Smile] Although they didn't help matters when Parkour would occasionally post from Sam's login and confuse the heck out of people. *grin*

-----------

quote:
Way to be a predictable little pawn.
You are indeed a cunningly devious master of manipulation. What other schemes of yours are we playing right into, I wonder?

But seriously, man, I don't think you realize that you make yourself look more pathetic when you do this. But you do. If you don't believe me, ask anyone. I mean, literally anyone. Walk down the hall, grab your mom and drag her to the computer, and ask, "Mom, do I look more competent and manly when I pretend to be a mastermind to avoid owning up to a small error?" See what she says.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
You are indeed a cunningly devious master of manipulation. What other schemes of yours are we playing right into, I wonder?

But seriously, man, I don't think you realize that you make yourself look more pathetic when you do this. But you do. If you don't believe me, ask anyone. I mean, literally anyone. Walk down the hall, grab your mom and drag her to the computer, and ask, "Mom, do I look more competent and manly when I pretend to be a mastermind to avoid owning up to a small error?" See what she says.

1 of 2. Don't stop now. There's much I said which you've conveniently ignored. I didn't claim to be a mastermind, but I have predicted (accurately, so far) that you would be unable to drop your farcical assumptions.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*rolls eyes* I don't think you understand, capax, that predicting that I'm going to reply to something stupid you say is really not much of a prediction. It doesn't shame me into not posting; it doesn't make me worry that I look like your puppet. The game you're trying to play requires some actual sort of perceived consequence, but I guarantee you that I don't lose any face by posting in response to your posts.

I mean, really, "I guarantee that you're going to respond to this!" is only effective if the person you're trying to use that on is somehow focused on denying you even the smallest satisfaction -- but if that's the case, then somehow denying them the satisfaction of replying actually winds up demonstrating your power over them, thus satisfying the same desire.

Look, you aren't equipped for this kind of thing. Sam and Parkour are both Goons, and I'm much smarter than you are. Let it go.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

Capaxinfiniti, I predict that you won't be able to let it go, and you will respond in words made from letters in the english alphabet. Get on my level. Who's the mastermind now bro??
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

The two of you have almost identical writing styles. Smart posts but with optional correct punctuation and grammar. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

Just the two of us? No I say we are legion. there's a place called GBS you can go to experience hundreds of us at once until you want to kill yourself.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a goon too! I'm in Goonswarm and everything! [Frown]

But yeah, I mean, the weird thing is the long ass delay between my and Sam's response and yours. It just seems more like you got embarrassed and ignored the thread for a while before coming back to it.

Also your posts are generally much more composed.

Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a meeting of the Hatrack goons... you weren't there. So you're not one of us. We have a secret signal. Don't worry about it.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
Its not a problem, the last time I interacted with goons in a non-forum way ended up with me being somewhat creeped out so I stick to the forums and EVE.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stilesbn
Member # 11809

- posted      Profile for stilesbn   Email stilesbn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dogbreath:
quote:
why am I even doing this

Well, every time I see your username I want to yell "parkour!" and do a flip off the back of my couch or something, so there's that.
I think of Harry Dresden yelling Parkour!
Posts: 362 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
capax someday you have to at least try to not be such a stereotypical rube. but not yet. don't stop yet. this is gold

Haha. Are you for real, bro? Your over-the-top theatrics are becoming less frequent but no less entertaining. I read his link. You've clearly missed the point of the game.
Is this game the one where your credibility on the forum is by now not sufficient for practically anyone here to extend you the benefit of the doubt when you make this claim and then you call everyone masterminded pawns for ... uh, literally just not taking an intellectually dishonest poster at his word? and then you trumpet your own goading success so self resolutely to the point where it really just kind of makes you look sort of completely genuinely honestly nuts

Is this also the game where you basically embarrass yourself for me, samprimary, thy hated Forum Nemesis, with little effort on my part required, driving yourself just a little bit more nuts about me than before and I hardly had to do anything

Because if so you are really owning hard. Good .... job?

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hell I almost forgot my second post.

I think this story is true or I might be screwed in the head. I think, THINK that it was BlackBlade who was dropping with me, parks, and tetriseyes

and Boris dropped on the other side

completely at random

and we fought each other for the rights to nuke him

it was the most conspicuously random occurrence of hatracker on hatracker violence we have yet seen

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

The Three Stooges go three for three. Haha.

Look at you, Samprimary. You keep going and going with this egotistical blather. Now you've proclaimed yourself my "forum nemesis"? How does one become such and what does it entail? If I don't have credibility with you three I consider that an honor. You aren't known for fair-shakes on this forum or others. And please continue talking as if you're the mouthpiece of Hatrack. This all started because of a brainless assumption on your part and it's turned into some cheap laughs for me.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

the forum nemesis is a halfway tongue in cheek thing relating to the peculiar observation of a peculiar pattern of behavior from you, that after a certain point you most often appear or devote energy to posting in an obvious reaction to and degree of obsession with me

this is not even my original observation, other people had to point it out to me and yeah it had started to become a trend

also one does not 'speak as a mouthpiece' in observing a standpoint or condition of a community at large. if that were so then i am 'talking as if i am the mouthpiece of hatrack' if i make the observation that the forum users speak english.

oh, ok. i guess i just did. i crown myself mouthpiece of hatrack

capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

I have an obsession with you? Wow. Hahaha. I was mistaken, egotistical doesn't begin to describe you. You're delusional. And since you brought up peculiar patterns of behavior, you should admit your frequent immature trolling and embarrassingly grandiose sense of self-importance. Some mouthpiece you are. You don't know that the community shares you "standpoint" but you're going to try to maintain that illusion until the bitter end.

Really, I hope you aren't getting worked up over this. I admit it's a little shameful how much I enjoy pushing your buttons but I felt you were getting too upset I'd let it go.

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Get a room you two [Razz]
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
I have an obsession with you?
yes. i said that you have had a degree of obsession with me and it is profoundly obvious. you can very easily be goaded into a fracas with me where you kind of make yourself look nuts. I have been able to do this to you since i believe that time that i pointed out that you were literally afraid of gay people and homosexuality, like you had pretty much announced it in a crystal clear fashion

just a reminder capax this thing right here!

quote:
you trumpet your own goading success so self resolutely to the point where it really just kind of makes you look sort of completely genuinely honestly nuts
at the very least at least stop conspicuously walking into beartraps when i am pointing the beartraps out and saying 'you seem to walk into these beartraps a lot — yes these beartraps right here — and it is why people don't take you very seriously'

don't then subsequently gloatingly walk into the beartrap. or maybe just eventually learn why this is not actually you winning or 'masterminding' a little fun fracas with me. the fact that you are still kind of ignoring that the thing where you Masterfully Predicted with your Giant Brain that we would post in response to your kind of being a total idiot is really a pitch-perfect example of what I (well, we) are talking about. This makes you look dumb but you are going 'haha! i owned you! haha!' and it's amazing that you still count this as some sort of a point in your credit or favor

beartraps, man. beartraps

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
Get a room you two [Razz]

k

come, capax - let me sweep you away to a romantic gondola. let me caress your bulging forehead veins

capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

Samprimary, The Great Hunter. Skillfully setting beartraps for his unwary prey!

You're delusional, man. Delusional...

Samprimary
Member # 8561

no dude that's just the thing is that i don't have to set them. you are doing the work for me. that's what i'm saying.

like just level with me on ONE thing, because i'm legit curious: you have had it explained to you by multiple people how the whole gloating "haha i predicted you would post in response to me haha you pawns you stooges haha you posted"

ok, you are like, super proud of yourself for that! hooray!

my question is is that have you determined, would you accept in any remote form, that you gloating about this as if it is any sort of clever thing or anything?

it makes you look dumb. it really does! it makes you look dumb with no additional required effort from me. my serious question is that do you have any inkling of an understanding why? will you really keep blitzing forward on that tangent like this is something that doesn't make you look dumb? no, really! i am honestly wondering if you actually think that this is some sort of credit to you still. can we still leverage this propensity of yours against you, that you don't figure this out? etc.

capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

I can post X amount of words and they don't even have to address what you said and you still reply. This makes you look profoundly pathetic.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

right, but that's just the thing. you are, ah, pointedly avoiding the question. and you are still replying too? if it's a mutual thing how come it's only pathetic on my end? this endgame makes less and less sense when you think about it. do you still think that the prediction that made us 'pawns' and 'stooges' or whatever is actually a point in your favor or that an impartial observer would think that this is something that you could continue to gloat about and didn't make you look dumb? do you think this is working out for you?
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

I'm not gloating about it. You repeatedly bring it up and I repeatedly ignore you. An impartial observer would see that you're taking this much more seriously than I am. There is no endgame. The goal is to see how long I can keep you responding while maximizing my entertainment.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
You repeatedly bring it up and I repeatedly ignore you.
Ok. So, we're now at the point where you're basically admitting that you are dodging questions. Ok cool! I am glad that an impartial observer would find me the more serious engager, however you imagine that is supposed to work in your favor. I am also glad that you admit you can quite simply be entertained by ignoring questions and that I am more serious than you. I am happy to provide you with this simple amusement!

I eagerly anticipate your continued happiness at that you have mastermindfully kept me responding (coincidentally, as long as i have kept you responding. odd, that)

Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuNvxH5kSKU
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I SAID GOOD DAY
TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:
An impartial observer would see that you're taking this much more seriously than I am.
I think we need to find an impartial observer and offer him/her ten bucks to answer this question. [Smile]
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

*clears throat*

My services are available for those with a paypal account.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

You're not impartial enough.
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Children behave yourself. you don't want me to turn this Thread around. [Grumble] [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

quote:
The goal is to see how long I can keep you responding while maximizing my entertainment.

You know this is textbook psychopathy right?

Then again I wouldn't be surprised as there's usually a high correlation between a lack of empathy and conservative views.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

Internet Armchair Pseudopsychology published a textbook??
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

Who gives a shit?
Parkour
Member # 12078

So that just happened, right?

Capax farted out purposefully ignoring questions about his tame masterminding and was badlulzing, I'm not imagining it? Yay a tap out.

quote:
Who gives a shit?
People who don't want to look like morons because they are throwing out psych diagnosis on vague pretenses. An idiot being petulant and going down on the "I was just provoking you to post, you PAWNS" ship isn't engaging in textbook psychopathy and if they are your textbook sucks.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:
Who gives a shit?

Obviously not you.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I don't post on gbs anymore actually outside of a blue moon. 2.0 was filed under "ironic" anti everything humor
Parkour
Member # 12078

Ironic transphobia, ironic "racial realism", ironic gamergatia.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Do I want to know what racial realism is?
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:

I'm reminded of that great line by my girl T-Swizzle, "It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters." Which of course presents us with one of the great moral quandaries of our age: if one dresses/acts like a hipster ironically, does that not in fact make one a hipster?

Take Sarah Silverman, who makes all sorts of horrible (in both ways) racist jokes, but it's okay because she doesn't *really* believe it! She's just being ironic! So she is completely free to joke about how stupid black people are, and how bad Mexicans smell, and everyone in the audience is free to laugh, because they don't really believe it! They're laughing because they're amused by how ironic and smart and cultured they're being. So it's all ok.

quote:
Do I want to know what racial realism is?
http://time.com/3211845/equal-opportunity-racial-realism/

It's actually a concept I've discussed at length in another thread here (an an attempt to refute the idea that there's such a thing as "positive" racial realism), but it's basically the idea that certain racial groups have certain innate attributes they are imbued with just by being part of that racial group. I.e, black men have big penises and are more virile, Asians are good at math, Jews are good with money, etc.

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stilesbn
Member # 11809

- posted      Profile for stilesbn   Email stilesbn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dogbreath:
quote:

I'm reminded of that great line by my girl T-Swizzle, "It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters." Which of course presents us with one of the great moral quandaries of our age: if one dresses/acts like a hipster ironically, does that not in fact make one a hipster?
This should solve your questions.
Posts: 362 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Racial realist is what some white guys call themselves when they are "not afraid to tackle the real race issues and science that PC liberals are unwilling to confront for fear of being culturally insensitive" and then after they establish that fact they get to work constantly posting the Bell Curve and saying that the civil rights act was bad for blacks after all and blacks are pretty much always the problem always in any class and race conflict, because they are dumb ignorant savages. but it's not racism, it's race realism because something something cherrypicked science from teh 1970s
Parkour
Member # 12078

Racial Realism is actually about ethics in colored communities
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Race Realism is actually about the intense debates surrounding the various races and whether or not they are, in fact, real. See "Halflings: our furry footed little cousins" or "on the asexuality of dwarves" for further information.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.