FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is it just me or... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is it just me or...
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say it was a failing in morality. Might be a failure in self-control, but that is your responsibility, not hers.

Sky is blue and DB is not going to follow your orders.

Can't imagine what those goals are or how what you have been doing is getting you closer to them.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
You will pry my eyeroll smileys from my weak, lazy, puffed up hands when I'm dead.

One of my favorites - because it's huge and I can scale it appropriately

I shall wallow in my weakness!

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Frankly? I suspect there isn't a goal, and this antagonism stems more from Dogbreath's failure to accept Stone_Wolf's eventual apology after SW blew up at DB over a series of days a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe I'm wrong about that, SW, but that is really, really the smell of things to me. It seems like you're angry and have been.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I've made my goals apparent...I mean I spent hours on a post he barely read...he asks a question that I explained an inch above on the screen...it's like he didn't bother to read it.

Which is fine dandy as long as you don't couple it with "if I only knew what this was about"

Roll your eyes all you like Samsecondary. I care little for your ocular redirectioning!

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by Risuena:
You will pry my eyeroll smileys from my weak, lazy, puffed up hands when I'm dead.

One of my favorites - because it's huge and I can scale it appropriately

I shall wallow in my weakness!

You might have what it takes to challenge rivka as eye rollin queen of the 'Rack... [Big Grin]
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Frankly? I suspect there isn't a goal, and this antagonism stems more from Dogbreath's failure to accept Stone_Wolf's eventual apology after SW blew up at DB over a series of days a couple of weeks ago.

As much sense as that makes, that actually isn't true. I accepted the apology and he acknowledged me accepting it. (unless you mean the second one from which my name is omitted, but yeah I accepted that one too)

You can read his replies in the Scott Walker thread if you want, but it amounts to Stone Wolf reading my questions to him, my defense of Orincoro to Gaal, and even my *silence* as evidence of hostile intent, even when it's obvious it's not there or I went out of my way to couch my responses as non-offensively as possible. My response to him ("No, I'm not attacking you. Don't read so much into every thing") was dismissed with a "well, I tried!" and a rant about laundry or something.

Honestly, I feel bullied.

It started with him mocking my personal life choices, then evolved to him cursing at me and making threatening statements. When that didn't work he moved to public grandstanding with his "dog pit" thread, trying to get people to take his side about how awful I am. *That* didn't work for him and now he's resorted to this victim complex, where my mere presence (even when literally everyone else is saying things far more inflammatory or pointed) is something he obsesses over and he grows *incensed* at my silence when I choose not to escalate the situation by replying. (and I have very good reason to suspect that any reply I make will simply be called a lie, and any conciliatory gesture will be strangely forgotten 2 weeks from now)

Like a bully, he tries to control my behavior and grows furious when I don't acknowledge the attempts and continue doing my thing. Like a bully, he grew absolutely livid when I asked him *why* he was singling me out. And I think this will continue for as long as he needs someone to take his insecurity and perceived lack of control out on. You'll notice this always happens when threads don't go his way - Orincoro started attacking him, and out of the blue he launched his tirade against me. He's running into a lot of opposition here, what does he do? Start up the grandstanding again.

I'm not sure if I'm being targeted here because he thinks I'm not very well liked and he'll gain more leverage from doing so, or if it's because he knows I won't bite back - I'm not going to swear at him or insult him or mock his personal life - so I'm "safe." It's pretty grating, and to answer your earlier question Stone Wolf, no I don't think it's very reasonable or acceptable behavior. I'm going to continue participating in discussions here, but I really hope this ends sooner rather than later.

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I probably would have forwarded this thread to someone I had this "appropriate dress" discussion with (who was saying almost exactly what Stone Wolf was saying) if not for this weird Stone Wolf - Dogbreath thing
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I truly acknowledge my failure to reach you on ANY level and am HAPPY to never speak to again...if this is what you want simply don't address me and that's that.

I acknowledge my lack of perspective when it comes to you and honestly dislike you.

So now you have every single reason in the world to never speak to me again...let's see if you can pull it off.

scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
SW? I have no dog in this fight. But you don't get to tell people not to address you. It's just not how things work. If you want to stop the interaction, it's on you to stop interacting. And let what will be will be.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

Check it out:
http://thesaltcollective.org/modesty-whensuitsbecomestumblingblock/

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
SW? I have no dog in this fight. But you don't get to tell people not to address you. It's just not how things work. If you want to stop the interaction, it's on you to stop interacting. And let what will be will be.

I'm not telling him what to do...I'm offering this poor victim of bullying an easy way out of his torment. So easy all he has to do is nothing at all.
scifibum
Member # 7625

Even when there's no way to take the high road, there's always a way to choose whether to keep seeking a lower one.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Check it out:
http://thesaltcollective.org/modesty-whensuitsbecomestumblingblock/

Very funny abd telling.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Even when there's no way to take the high road, there's always a way to choose whether to keep seeking a lower one.

I was bullied for years. Bullied by words, bullied by laughter, bullied by fists. For years. DB knows this. DB knows I have a hair sensitive trigger when feeling bullied, because I've said so on many an occasion. In all my time here I have only ever called one person a bully and it was Orincoro, and he was...now he (Orin) lacks the ability to see me in any other way than dishonest and manipulative, which is what it is.

So...now DB is calling me a bully.

So, I know what a victim of bulling wants...the feeling of bulling to stop. I offered him an out so easy it he literally has to do nothing, not even accept.

Do I believe I bullied a marine with my polite insistence upon not being ignored? Not even a little bit. But hey, crazy things happen all the time and if DB says he's feeling bullied who am I to judge. It is what it is. Somethings you just need to accept and move on.

I'm not going to get along with Dogbreath, anytime soon if ever. If acknowledging that makes me the bad guy so be it. I really don't want to talk to him any more, and he's claiming I am a bully, so not talking to each other isn't me being bossy, it is the easiest and best answer.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Man, cut the horseshit, SW. At this point you have engineered this so that if Dogbreath does what you want, it will be a profound victory for you, since you have demanded it repeatedly and attempted to cast him as a persecutor.

Try going at least one contentious discussion without addressing him yourself, and then if he is still talking to you, *then* your 'all he has to do is not talk to me!' position will have a credibility.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Also, it is untrue that Orincoro is the only person you've called a bully here, Stone_Wolf.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Literally nobody in this thread talk to me ever again ever!!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Stone Wolf:

Disliking me is fine - I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't find me very pleasant. Demanding that I stop participating in threads here because you dislike me isn't a reasonable request, attempting to coerce that with threats of continued antagonism (which admittedly is a step up from your earlier threats of physical violence) makes you a bully. You don't get to control me, but you do get to control your own thoughts and actions and reactions. And I'm confident that you're more than capable of acting like an adult and exercising restraint.

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Mmmmm...warm fuzzy condisention blanket...hey, it's entirely up to you who you talk to...I was doing you the one favor you have never done for me, paying attention to what you were saying and taking it seriously. I just want it plain for the record that if you choose to associate with someone who has stated in no uncertain terms they dislike & distrust you that is your choice and those are my feelings. I'm not going to candy coat it. [Dont Know]
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Also, it is untrue that Orincoro is the only person you've called a bully here, Stone_Wolf.

Show me & I'll conseed the point. Never happened. Urban myth.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
quote:

I can almost admire your willingness to be a hypocrite here in defense of your own narrative. How many times did you assert how nasty and offensive Dogbreath had been to you over years, and that you would prove it, even he would have to admit it once you laid out your proofs in the form of posts shown? Remind me again, whatever did happen with that?

Nothing.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Well it was obvious that db never actually read my explanations, but I had rather hoped other people would read them for themselves...or at least pay enough attention to remember that the explanations exist...but no matter...it is what it is.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Your explanations having any merit hinged on-by your own words, mind you-your being able to show an extensive history of the sort of treatment you were describing and that would be obvious to everyone once shown, by you.

That never happened, and alright, you kind of patched things up with Dogbreath or at least stopped attacking him for a couple of weeks, and that claim of yours went as though it had never been made.

Fast forward a couple of weeks later and you're claiming Orincoro is the only person here you've ever labeled a bully. I point out that's not true, that you've called *me* a bully in the past-and you demand proof.

Well, it's a ridiculous double-standard, Stone_Wolf, and you can take it personally if you like but I would say the same thing to anyone who repeatedly claimed they would provide proof of bad behavior and then never did-and then later demanded proof of something themselves. You took a lot of pleasure in telling Dogbreath he couldn't have it both ways? Back at ya.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

All that's fun and dandy, except those explanations exist, I know because I wrote them. So, read up, or drop it, cause you are wrong.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

OK, just checking on something here: I am wrong when I say you claimed you would prove the accuracy and fairness of your explanations by referencing past conversations and statements made by Dogbreath to you? Because that is what I am actually saying.

No snark here, I am really asking. If you did that I might have missed it, in which case I would happily and with apology drop my objection.

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
All that's fun and dandy, except those explanations exist, I know because I wrote them. So, read up, or drop it, cause you are wrong.

You have, on several occasions, justified your repeated personal attacks, insults, threats, etc. against me as revenge for "unfounded personal attacks" I made against you at some unspecified time in the past. The closest you've come to identifying a time frame for these attacks is sometime before you "left the last time" (2013?), and you responded to my (and everyone else's) bafflement by assuring us that you have all sorts of evidence that just *proves* it actually happened. Indeed, you repeatedly called me a liar and swore at me and threatened to "bitch slap" and "donkey kick" me for denying it happened.

You've yet to actually post any of this evidence. So where is it, Stone Wolf? If it's important enough for you to spend so much of your time on this paranoid obsession you have with me, surely you have a minute or two to share this evidence with us.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Why would I bother? You haven't listened yet...why start now? I haven't delated anything. My posts aren't hard to find. Try reading them instead of skimming them for sound bites to be taken out of context.

I'm kinda over it...

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Please be over it.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:

--

Why would I bother? You haven't listened yet...why start now? I haven't delated anything. My posts aren't hard to find. Try reading them instead of skimming them for sound bites to be taken out of context.

I'm kinda over it...

So after prolonged and numerous claims that you had evidence and you would provide it and everyone would agree because it is so compelling...well, not only do you never provide it but when someone *else* makes the same type of claim-in this case, pointing out you have called more than just Orincoro a bully before-your reply is a demand for proof or it didn't happen.

This isn't a threat or anything, it's a genuine plea for acknowledgment: can you *please* explain how these two things fit together in a way that isn't openly hypocritical?

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Because I posted lengthy explanations...not hard to find...im at brunch w family...do your own homework
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Alright, I've been quite a lot more polite and considerate on this than is usual for me, but your behavior on this is nakedly hypocritical, and your snark with remarks such as 'do your own homework' is laughable considering the double-standard you're insisting on.

I'm not nor have I, or anyone else for that matter, beenm asking about your 'explanations'. They always hinged on your having this history with Dogbreath you could (indeed, did) promise to 'prove' with evidence so compelling it couldn't be denied. Your explanations which *refer* to this evidence but don't actually show it don't amount to squat.

A charitable explanation would be that you simply don't realize you're behaving this way, but it happens so often (and guess what? I don't have to offer references, you've established that standard!) that I am just about worn through this deliberate benefit of the doubt I've been giving. When you claim to have evidence and say you'll offer it, but don't and then switch that claim to "I've explained myself", well you've changed your claim. Alright.

When you *then* attempt to suggest to everyone that your 'explanations' and the evidence you promised is the same thing, and sneer at them with remarks such as 'do your own homework', well it's ridiculous. You're being a hypocrite. Dogbreath is correct: you *are* being the bully here, and you're doing such a bad job at it it would be funny if it weren't so obnoxious.

Oh, and a little note: these claims of 'I don't have time right now' seem to be awfully flexible. You don't have time to vote, or inform yourself about your own government, or provide evidence you claimed was easy to find and would prove your arguments, but damned if you don't have time to think up and post endings to a fanfiction story!

We don't have to do this, man. Obviously I disagree but if Dogbreath is so unbearably awful, if his presence is so toxic, you don't have to talk to him. Pretend he doesn't exist. You don't have to talk to or about him, and you certainly don't have to do this little dominance dance where you insist HE shouldn't be talking to YOU.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Stonewolf, your problems with women's clothing choices and your problem with Dogbreath's posts both have the same solution. Repeat to yourself "it's not about me" and go about your business.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Sorry for the homework comment...I'm very frustrated about not being read and out in the world with full family.

I'm all the way over it..DogBreath who?

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by dkw:
Stonewolf, your problems with women's clothing choices and your problem with Dogbreath's posts both have the same solution. Repeat to yourself "it's not about me" and go about your business.

Thanks dkw!
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone! New poster here. Great forum! This is a really interesting issue you are posting about. It is pretty clear that women are at fault though. I don't know why "PC culture" is causing men to flag in their responsibility to appropriately moderate their clothing for them. This is causing long term social problems due to the oppression of men.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

you forgot to switch accounts
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Samp is Clive. hmmmmm
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Hey everyone! New poster here. Great forum! This is a really interesting issue you are posting about. It is pretty clear that women are at fault though. I don't know why "PC culture" is causing men to flag in their responsibility to appropriately moderate their clothing for them. This is causing long term social problems due to the oppression of men.

I am posting in this high quality OH MY GOD!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

sam was clive the WHOLE TIME

there's your twist, shyamalan

Men's Rights Forever
Member # 13269

- posted      Profile for Men's Rights Forever           Edit/Delete Post 
We are animals. Stone_Wolf was bothered by a basic physiological reaction to that nubile teen's appearance. We human beings all have responsibility to each other, and the responsibility of women to men is to not unnecessarily provoke lust in males. This teen was unintentionnaly doing that to Stone_Wolf. This is the basis of his objection.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, Clive, I no longer believe that you even believe this crap. You're pretty much a straight-up troll.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

before the string of alts reached end stage performance art (at which point it might as well be shigs/obama/heisenberg masterfully playing as clive whatev) well we honestly got enough juicy information on his shell of a life that there's no point in worrying if he might actually even be that odious unfiltered for reals
Men's Rights Forever
Member # 13269

- posted      Profile for Men's Rights Forever           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
The thing is, Clive, I no longer believe that you even believe this crap. You're pretty much a straight-up troll.

Who is Clive?

Also: My opinions and convictions are sincere.

Did you see that film "American Beauty"? Stone_Wolf is Lester Durnham. The teen in question is the Thora Birch character, except she's merely arousing him unintentionally rather than deliberately.

I believe young women should be taught about the power of their sexuality and should be encouraged to be modest for the sake of their own dignity and for the sake of not provoking urges in males who would rather not have those urches toward young females.

Suppose there's a continuum of socially enforced female sexual modesty, with -10 being absolute lack of female modesty, and, say, +10 being Saudi Arabia. All I mean to say is that, here in the United States, in these modern times, the situation is -4. We need to move towards the median between Saudi Arabia and utter degeneracy.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

'Modesty' is not the word for what goes on with women in Saudi Arabia, but rather oppression and a species of slavery. Nor is it 'socially enforced' either. Of course it's no surprise to me that that sort of subjugation of women is appealing and probably exciting to you.

-----------

You know what's weird? My favorite holiday cookie is a from-scratch variety of M&M cookies my mother makes. Delicious is an understatement. But the weird thing is that my grandmother, her mother, also makes 'em on the holidays but they are like two standard deviations worse in quality. I think she even uses the same recipe.

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
That is weird.

You should watch each make their cookies.

I had a friend help me bake once, and she didn't know that you are supposed to level off measuring cups and spoons.

Ingredient temperature supposedly makes a big difference. You use softened butter with cookies, and it's easy to over-do it with the microwave.

Also, this was a pretty awesome article:

http://lifehacker.com/bake-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies-by-knowing-what-to-1593805654

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I think we need to cater to the weakness of ever beastly male who literally needs women to cover their bodies because they can't control their own sense of entitlement to women who aren't wearing petticoats or something. We should definitely force women to account for men who can't handle what they consider 'immodesty' and will use it as an excuse for their own degeneracy.

Wait! no. that's ridiculous. Instead we'll eat lemon cookies and thin mints.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Butter vs margarine makes a huge difference in how cookies taste. Some people will substitute one for the other in a recipe without even thinking about it. Perhaps your mother uses one and her mother the other.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

On the subject of M&M cookies, growing up my dad would occasionally make Monster Cookies (picture), which are these crazy and delicious oatmeal/peanut butter/chocolate chip/M&M cookies. For some reason they were so "out there" that I assumed he had invented them (none of my friends had ever had them), and was actually really disappointed when I found out that other people made them too.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

man i miss those white chocolate macadamia nut cookies i could get back where i used to live
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what burns me up? You can't find peanut butter cookies anywhere anymore. I remember how they used to be: those delicious cookies with the fork shape scorched into them- so lovely with a glass of milk or :gasp: even a latte. Perhaps dipped in chocolate.

No more! Now that the allergistas have seized power, we can no longer enjoy the beauty that is the peanut butter cookie. For shame!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.