FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, Samprimary (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey, Samprimary
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
So I do hope you are feeling all recovered and whatever these days. I live in Colorado Springs now! We should do some sort of meet-up one of these days, yo.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I have terrible news for you: I RECOVERED.

Oh and also slightly less terrible news: I live in Massachusetts most of the time. I will be sure to let you know when I travel home again for an extended visit.

I have spent exceptionally little time in the springs. Find out when the tulips are going to be in bloom and it's a super sunny day then take a road trip north to Panem to check out pearl street mall and chataqua park. also eat on the rooftop of the Rio.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
I have spent exceptionally little time in the springs. Find out when the tulips are going to be in bloom and it's a super sunny day then take a road trip north to Panem to check out pearl street mall and chataqua park. also eat on the rooftop of the Rio.

[ROFL]
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have terrible news for you: I RECOVERED.

For him?!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not Samprimary, but I have family in Colorado Springs and visit once or twice a year. My nephew is about your son's age (he's 7) so if you need any recommendations re: school or fun activities or what have you, I can put you in touch with my sister and brother or ask them for you. [Smile]
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Can confirm: he's not samprimary

Source: am samprimary

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Samprimary: [Big Grin]

Do let me know when you're back in town. Also, all commentary by you about the GOP is suspect while you are in Mass.

Dogbreath: I'd certainly appreciate your asking them for me.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Sure because no one has ever denied being an alt before
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by JanitorBlade:
Also, all commentary by you about the GOP is suspect while you are in Mass.

UNDER WHAT PRETENSES
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The neutrality of this post is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on this thread. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JanitorBlade:
Also, all commentary by you about the GOP is suspect while you are in Mass.

Hey!
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Could be worse. I now live in SW Florida so all commentary by me on ANY subject is suspect. [Big Grin]
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

you could probably talk about mold
Wingracer
Member # 12293

Now that you mention it, mold is a good one. Also drug smuggling, illegally imported cars and hurricane preparedness are topics we excel at. [Big Grin]
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

While I was in Arizona I couldn't be trusted to talk about guns, immigrants, and dry heat.

Now that I'm in Colorado I can't talk about marijuana, and mass shootings.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

I think I can't talk about unions, or driving like a human being invested in the welfare of others

the unions because this place is saturated in uniondom

the driving like a human being thing because it is not done anymore

Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
quote:

The neutrality of this post is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on this thread. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved.
Is this comment really relevant? Let's talk about it for the next 5-7 years.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Wait. I thought you were Parkour. You're not Parkour?

WHY DOES NOBODY TELL ME THESE THINGS?

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I was Parkour...
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

im spartacus
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
Who the blazes is Samprimary?
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I thought I knew! [Cry]
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

quote:
Originally posted by CT:
Who the blazes is Samprimary?

Sa'eed's latest alt? Or was that Lisa's latest alt?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

We looked over IP address data and it turns out that I'm everyone but wingracer
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

That is the deep play.
Wingracer
Member # 12293

quote:

Wow, talk about a captive audience.
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
If you're me, then who am I?
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Excellent question...who are you? Who who who? I really want to kno.
Wingracer
Member # 12293

Reminds me of a great local commercial.

"Do you really want to go to some lame concert series with Two Dog Night or The Guess Who's Left?"

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

No, yes & haHA!
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I am Samprimary: Ask Me Anything
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this your ama?
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Where abouts in MA, Sam? Not looking for anything too specific, just wondering because I lived in Western MA for years.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he is Metro Boston.
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

oh hai theamazeeaz
Samprimary
Member # 8561

i am in metro boston. i have to stay intentionally cagey on that fact because some dipshit from here has tried to e-stalk me apparently according to facebook's harassment police
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

So I'm heading to Denver in May and I'll have a free day while I'm there and wanted to use it to explore another city. I'm thinking either Colorado Springs or Boulder. To the experienced Coloradans, which is better for just doing some wandering around touristy things for a day?

Note: I'm not an experienced traveler so if there are better suggestions for what to do there that's not a far travel from Denver I'm open to those too.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

Take a drive (if your brave) or the cog train up Pike's Peak.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Go to Boulder. Hike up to the top of mt. Sanitas as a day trip. Walk around pearl street on the evening and eat someplace fancy if you are so inclined (oak and fourteenth) or someplace more accessible like Salt (you can sit in the basement fyi)!

If you get another day try to get a sunny day seat on the roof of the Rio balcony around three or four in the pm

Samprimary
Member # 8561

If you can handle your spice do a chili rellenos plate. Prepare time to digest
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

Not the Teahouse?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

the teahouse is good for noontime or so
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

That's right. It's been Samprimary calling himself out on logical fallacies all these years.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

reducto ad samprimariam
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Sanitas over the Flatirons for hiking?

Also, around how long would either of those hikes take, not rushing it? I'm trying to plan that for later in the day but still have time to get to Pearl Street for dinner.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

Presume two to three hours. It's a great hike to take visitors on, and if you want you can follow up with a trail at Chataqua. But there's some significant advantage to taking a trailhead that still lets you see the flatirons, along with the rest of boulder. You can also just chill at the summit. There are multiple levels of severity of incline you can choose from, which is especially nice when you are hammering yourself in the face with the altitude adjustment period.

Bring canteens with ice water. like jam ice cubes in there for sure. and use sunblock liberally.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

http://www.bouldercoloradohiking.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Hiking-trail-in-Boulder-Colorado.jpg
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Is that from Sanitas or the Flatirons?
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

We're rescheduling to include an extra day in Boulder. Is the Leanin Tree Museum worth checking out?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I remember only where the leanin tree museum is because I used to drive down past it to work, I've never actually been in it since I was a kid! I regret to say I cannot be helpful answering that question.

That picture is from the Sanitas trail heading up to the summit. You can see the flatirons in the background

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.