FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Warning: Attempt at Resuscitation (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Warning: Attempt at Resuscitation
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I just remembered visiting a hatracker's house in Chicago and buying cleaning supplies at a store with Tom Davidson for them, but for the life of me I cannot remember who else was there.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
This is all really nice. Thanks PS for orchestrating it.

I've been mostly dormant for a couple of years. Yesterday I spent hours going through old threads, sort of mentally mapping my time at Hatrack. What I found was different than what I expected. I was argumentative from the get-go. Some of my first threads were my most face-palmingly, tone-deafly contentious. After awhile I settled in, participated in both arguments and fun, but that by 2009 most of my participation in fun threads died off. I don't know if that's because everything just got so political, or because I did.

Anyway, I still come to Hatrack from time to time, and I really have enjoyed the renewed interest by so many people who were here when I first joined 12 years ago. I hope some of you end up sticking around and bringing back some of the fun and personality that made me fall in love with Hatrack all that time ago.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:
This is all really nice. Thanks PS for orchestrating it.

You are most welcome. [Smile]
Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silentorb
Member # 13384

- posted      Profile for Silentorb   Email Silentorb         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been on this side of hatrack, i've really only participated in the Virtual Battle School.

Im not familiar with how this side works, are there any rules or anything like that?

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Rule #1: You do not talk about Virtual Battle School.

Rule #2: You do NOT TALK ABOUT VIRTUAL BATTLE SCHOOL.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
I understood that reference! [Big Grin] (Just saying. Because occasionally I do feel like him in that way around here.)
Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
A group of highly individual thinkers...with an expectation of normality during social interactions?

Unlikely.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeni:
I just remembered visiting a hatracker's house in Chicago and buying cleaning supplies at a store with Tom Davidson for them, but for the life of me I cannot remember who else was there.

Was this during KamaCon? Or some other visit to..BannaOJ (was that her screen name?)
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
We were all visiting Goody.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

Is that what it was? Not being able to remember was annoying me. I was thinking it was xnera. Thanks.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
If I count up the hours spent talking (typing?) to myrddin fyre, kwsni, celia60, Feyd, t, and a host of others in the hatrackchat on aim, I'm sure it would have been enough to master some skill, pick up a hobby, or at least read a bunch more books.

I wouldn't have wanted to spend those hours any other way.

My computer used to log all those chats and save them. Sadly, that was many computers ago. Its probably a good thing. im not sure it would hold up 12 years later.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

I still have years worth of hatrack chats in my old aim logs.
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not post a whole lot, but I faithfully lurked for years.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to my husband's old-tech hoarding skills, I think I still have the computer with my Hatrack AIM logs on it.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeni:
I still have years worth of hatrack chats in my old aim logs.

Oh I miss hatrack chats...not that I would have time for them now necessarily.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

quote:
Originally posted by sarahdipity:
Oh I miss hatrack chats...not that I would have time for them now necessarily.

Hi Sarah. Nice to meet you. [Wave] And your screen name is awesome.

Speaking of which: it's so fascinating to me that more names keep appearing. While most of you knew each other, I am "meeting" each one for the first time here. And I'm glad you came. [Smile]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.