FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The He Did A Thing Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The He Did A Thing Thread
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
ALTERNATIVE FACTS
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
(lies)

So, who marched on Saturday?

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I did in Chicago.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Will the GOP be embracing alternative lifestyles then since they seem A-OK with alternative facts?
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
They're definitely down with the alternative right.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
Muslim ban in full swing and probably is already going to result in a death toll from being sent back to Iran.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness for the ACLU.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank god that the republicans will stand up to such an obviously unconstitutional power grab designed to discriminate against a specific religion

Oh wait

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:
Muslim ban in full swing and probably is already going to result in a death toll from being sent back to Iran.

Iran, probably not. Can you at least pretend to tell the countries on the list apart? That's what got us into this miss.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

Is there a way to stop this ride and fire the ride attendant?

I'm not taking four years of this.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Just because he couldn't coherently implement an unAmerican, racist policy he promised over a year ago doesn't mean he's not a steaming pile for whom millions of Americans ought to be ashamed of voting! 'Give him a chance', man. Never mind how often he promised to be the best ever, but couldn't even manage to inform the personell who would implement this awful policy how they ought to do it doesn't make him a hack with no talent for governing and his supporters the pack of suckers they've been rightly labeled.

We'll just gloss over the part where an outright fascist media website runner (excuse me, seven whole years in the navy as a low officer) is now at the highest level of our national security apparatus, replacing actual professional soldiers and intelligence officers.

We are *so much safer!* Except from, you know, *all* of the biggest attacks against which this poorly implemented ban wouldn't have protected us. The worst part is, aside from the fact of this ban and the reality of Trump and fascists in the White House, is that none of this is a surprise.

Oh, and capax, in your ridiculous forest analogy for American politics, the fires kill or drive out most of the life before renewal begins. So...part nonsense, part accurate!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

quote:
Originally posted by theamazeeaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:

Iran, probably not. Can you at least pretend to tell the countries on the list apart? That's what got us into this miss.
What. Iran is one of the 7 listed countries.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

"Gen. John F. Kelly, the secretary of homeland security, had dialed in from a Coast Guard plane as he headed back to Washington from Miami. Along with other top officials, he needed guidance from the White House, which had not asked his department for a legal review of the order.

Halfway into the briefing, someone on the call looked up at a television in his office. “The president is signing the executive order that we’re discussing,” the official said, stunned."

That's from the NYTS.

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

I can't wait to hear who Mr. Trump's SCOTUS pick is. Is it Merrick Garland in a surprise olive branch to the Democrats?
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

You picked the one country of the seven that ISN'T a war zone right now. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/trump-travel-ban-countries/
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the death toll comment had anything to do with it being a war zone.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

It has to do with us deporting human rights activists to a country that will arrest and execute them.
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theamazeeaz:
(lies)

So, who marched on Saturday?

I'm pretty sure this post references the January 21st Women's March in Washington.

I did, along with my wife, my mother, my daughter, my brother, his wife, and several friends from high school. My son marched in NYC.

Also, my son went to the immigration ban protest at JFK, and I have friends from High School who protested at Seattle Tacoma, and Albany International airports.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.