FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Great Hatrack Corona Check-in of 2020

Author Topic: The Great Hatrack Corona Check-in of 2020
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the world sure went crazy, right?

How are you holding up, personally?

Eager to know how everybody is doing.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working from home this week, so that will be an interesting experience.

Schools are closed, but my wife works at a hospital so expecting inevitable exposure.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been working from home for over a week. Yesterday the government announced that counter measures are in effect until June 1st, so it's probably gonna be awhile before things return to normal.

I am not overly worried about exposure, but I basically only go out for grocery shopping. My hope is that everybody takes this seriously, so that we can avoid an actual lockdown.

Wishing all of you out there good health and let's hope we can slow the spread of the virus.

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarekAgain
Member # 13484

- posted      Profile for MarekAgain           Edit/Delete Post 
I work in the medical device industry, and some of our products are used in treating Covid-19 cases, so working a lot more than usual right now
Posts: 108 | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
On the front lines of the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. I work at a grocery store. Haven't gotten sick, even with all the people going crazy and buying everything in sight.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
On January 10 (my birthday) I was supposed to emcee our employee luncheon. But the night before I started feeling really sick, so I made plans for someone to take over if I couldn't make it.

And, in fact, I was sick. As sick as I've ever been. That was a Friday and I missed emcee'ing with a fever, chills, and constant coughing. I was sick all weekend, then missed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at work because I still felt terrible. I ended up with a horrible cough for about three weeks.

I am convinced I had corona virus. I think it was already here in the population and we just didn't know it. I didn't go to a doctor, and I assume many other people didn't either. But my workplace had many people out with the same stuff.

So... I am social distancing. I am working from home. I am following the guidelines. But I truly believe I already had the virus and it isn't a real issue anymore.

I work for the organization that licenses lawyers in our state and I do communications, so I've been sending out messages from the courts to all of our attorneys over the past two weeks. It is almost surreal.

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a mechanic for a living, so I'm "essential". Yay me. But the silver lining is that I'm still working. I really feel for the folks that aren't. [Frown]

I haven't been able to see my parents in weeks because they're in their late 60s. That's been tough.

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I work in food retail for grocers so this has been a good quarter for us. That makes me feel safe in my situation. But for many others even in food it's a really precarious time.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
working as a nurse in a nursing facility. The FL Board of Health has already been though us 2x, so far we are clean of the virus.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
*marks self as safe*
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roseauthor
Member # 148

- posted      Profile for Roseauthor   Email Roseauthor         Edit/Delete Post 
So far, doing well. Texas didn't have as many cases and opening up. Things didn't change much. I've worked from home for a decade or more, so nothing changed. Yay
Posts: 163 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Still alive.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

Me too! Arkansas is actually seeing it's largest numbers of new cases now.

Bleh.

[ June 18, 2020, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: JanitorBlade ]

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a long time, folks. :-)
Still alive. Things are escalating here in Brazil, though.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

:/

Sorry man. It seems like a mess all over the Americas.

Hawberk
Member # 2503

- posted      Profile for Hawberk           Edit/Delete Post 
I've not logged-in since 2011 but I'm not dead, as far as I am aware.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Still hanging in there.
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Member # 3661

- posted      Profile for stacey           Edit/Delete Post 
Checking in from NZ where the virus has been largely eradicated. We are only getting cases at the border now (all travelers coming in to NZ have to quarantine in hotels for 2 weeks and be tested multiple times). There is no community transmission. Fingers crossed it stays that way. It will only take one instance of something slipping through the cracks for it to start spreading all over again.

Unbelievable times we are living in. Hard to realise that we are pretty much cut off from the rest of the world now - any overseas travel is well off the cards. Not sure what will happen with our borders if a vaccine does not become available!

Take care everyone.

Posts: 315 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

*still safe. despite a lot of stupidity actually everywhere. wash your hands, register, then vote. also, cough into your elbow... that’s the civilized way to do it.*
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
Still finding ways to earn a living
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

still safe...
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
still safe?
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selene
Member # 14471

- posted      Profile for Selene           Edit/Delete Post 
The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything. Keep the spirit burning, to live life to its fullest!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selene
Member # 14471

- posted      Profile for Selene           Edit/Delete Post 
The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything. Keep the spirit burning, to live life to its fullest!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm okay, I guess? I'm in Iceland now, so I'm personally doing okay, but I'm fairly on edge about all my family in California and Mexico.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HellerThriller
Member # 14505

- posted      Profile for HellerThriller           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Selene:

Nice, Selene. Encouraging people to be stronger, to help them think that they're not alone in their endless fights! Raise up, people!
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm dabbling at Hatrack again. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.