FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » The Longest Bloody Post I've Ever Bloody Posted (or, 5k) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Longest Bloody Post I've Ever Bloody Posted (or, 5k)
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
It's easy to stare down a frightened old man with a baseball bat when you're a six-foot lizard... no points awarded

(you *know* I don't mean that)

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you're right, TAK. Since according to the GreenHill troll, I was the bully in that relationship.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to derail a Ralphie luvin' thread, Slashy. [No No]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
He's such an attention-whore.

[Razz]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Ralphie.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
*politely excuses himself*
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, please don't. [Frown]

My post is nearly a tribute to him, anyway. Where do you think I learned my 1337 attention-whoring skilz?

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StigLarson
Member # 5579

- posted      Profile for StigLarson           Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely brilliant. Better than being slapped in the face with a wet fish.
Posts: 85 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
*Briefly back at hatrack to read this thread*

Ralphie, you are absolutely beautiful. I feel blessed to be able to call you my friend.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
That wasn't too long, Ralphie. It was great. [Smile] I love the way these landmark threads are snapshots of Hatracker lives.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Ralphie and Slashy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony -- that was a very thoughful, insightful post. Thanks for sharing.

But remember, I am the only one who has beat you down. Repeatedly.

[Smile]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, Toni, you're beloved all the way around the other side of the world. [Smile]
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, it was very interesting to read your post after reading Slash's story. It's a good story about real life and people struggling against whatever odds.

You were an adorable little girl! You and Slash both make me laugh - and that's something I don't do enough.

((ralphie and slash and tina))

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you've got the forum fiddle tuned and ready to go, Ralphster.

And aside from that, I just want to say [Smile]

(now aren't you glad that I didn't stay online and keep you from finishing this?)

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni-

I don't know whether it's comforting or sad to realize that someone with as much confidence and talent as you have (and I'm not talkin' Cheetos sister [Smile] ) has so much self-doubt.

You know how much I love you, so I won't embarrass myself.

Something to remember when you're looking in the mirror:
Only part of who you are comes from genetics.
Your mom had a really tough first 18 yrs or so of marriage. (I can't even imagine being cowed enough to stand by and let my son feel like he was being deserted.) And being a mom myself, I imagine her biggest concern was helping your dad and you kids to be "happy". She had alot of demands on her emotional and mental reserves.

Your life is very different.
You chose to marry a man who already treats you like a treasure he'll forever cherish. You, just being you, makes him happy.

You also have reserves that your mom never had. Not only do you have Dan, but Ty, who I'm sure will continue to stand between you and any possible harm.

You are very pretty. But much more importantly, you are extremely attractive. You have truly beautiful eyes and the warmth in your smile is inescapable. Still doubt? Just look in Dan's eyes and you'll see the uneditted image. It's pretty awsome, no?

Lastly, I read a recent study that shows that regular monkey-bumps are the natural equivalent to prozac. So you should be good for the next 50 years or so.

((Toni))

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*cheers post*

Wow. And wow.

Simply put: you've always been a huge part of the Hatrack Experience for me, Ralphie. We haven't interacted directly very much, but I've been a drooling fanboy of your posts ever since I came to Hatrack [Big Grin] . You're up there on my "people to admire" list (along with Slashy, for that matter), and your kindness, level-headedness and freaking HILARIOUS sense of humor mean a great deal to this community, and me personally. Heck, I still remember the first time you responded to something I said! [Blushing] Awesome post. Awesome person.

[Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Man. I don't know what everyone in this thread's all weepy about. Personally, Toni's always gotten on my nerves.

[Taunt]

(Let's just tell Ty I'm coming to see him in December, not you. What with that fragile ego of his.)

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
That was beautiful, Ralphie. Not too long; too short, rather. Your writing is so graceful.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, now that I've posted my darned 3000th post (I wasn't going to, Toni...you talked me into it), I can say that I'm so glad YOU posted YOUR thread. And I'm glad that my brother is nicer (to me) than yours (is to you). The worst mine does is subvert my children. I don't think I could take monkey bumps.

Thank you for sharing so much Ralphie Love in one big package. And congratulations on 5,000 almost entirely deeply meaningful posts. [Wink] If we could all just be as cool as you. [Group Hug]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
landdmarks are fun, but not as fun as drinkin yourself to death
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
He Ralphie, that was an awesome post.

I know we didn't make a good start, back when I was a newbie, and there have been times I really didn't understand the ferocity of some of your replies, but lately I have come to really appreciate your posts. And now that I have read your landmark post...I just love the person who wrote that!

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Amazing post. (((((Toni)))))

Yup, I too remember the first time you responded to a post of mine - and it wasn't even anything important either, just the fact that it was you made it memorable.

::Raises glass:: To Toni, one of the most admired and loved jatraqueras. [Hat]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie! I'm so happy I attached the forbidden link to an email before it was banned. I'm always interested to hear what you have to say now. I'm not on AIM and I wonder how you people who are can stand the plodding pace of the forum. I relate to the depression issues. The last 7 months I feel like I've gone back to being 14 (I'm 33)

Finally, I think I missed the explanation of monkey bumps...

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

Toni, dollface, I started reading this yesterday and got called away for life-stuff and I kept thinking all night how much I wished i had finished it. So instead of getting up at 8 o'clock this morning to take a shower, i got up at 8 o'clock to read your post. I'm going to classes dirty for you, girl. That's how much I love you! (((Toni)))

How could you say that was too long? Mayhap I read too fast...but that seemed painfully short! Don't hesitate to add more if the mood strikes you. You *know* you have about 5000 people here who would want to read it.

Keep being you, girl. If i ever move to the West Coast I am totally visiting you, like, all the time. You can quote me on that.

<3<3<3 [Kiss]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

Ralphie, you rock. You were the first Jatraquero to notice my existence - even claiming that I was funny! - which meant a lot to a fairly quiet n00b. [Hail]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I want to thank everyone for their incredibly kind comments to me. I was going to make personal notes to everyone, and while you guys are more than deserving, the task was fairly daunting. So, I'll just say an in general thank you. I love all you guys.

I would like to make a special comment to the SoCal Hatrackers: Christine (LadyDove), Michael (Mooseman), Mike (saxon75), Sandy (NdRa), Rivka, Andre (foobonic) and all of their mates. You guys have been incredibly kind and hospitable everytime I've come down, and you hold a special place in my heart. I wish I lived down there. [Frown]

No, scratch that. I wish you guys lived up here. [Smile]

Kayla - Thanks for looking out for me on the typo thing. I ultimately did end up changing it. [Razz]

ginette - You're right. We did get off to a very inauspcious start. But I want to thank you for your very nice comments in my Landmark Thread. I very much appreciate them.

To those 'rackers that read the post but did not make a post of their own for whatever reason (mostly due to not wanting to be part of the peanut gallery, I suspect) - If I didn't understand that, after the first sentence of my post, I would be a phenominal loser. Thank you for taking the time to read it. [Smile]

To the Old Time Jatraqueros/as - You guys have consistently RAWKED my world for years now. I want you to know how much I've appreciated it. It's gotten me through times best left untalked about ( [Wink] ), and I won't ever ever ever ever ever forget it. Well, I might forget it. But only if I lose my polaroids and tattooes.

To the n00bs - Thanks for spicing up the joint. New blood is way killer. I'm just kidding when I say things will go badly for you should you not be all about the Ralphie Luvin'. Hahahaha!

::glares and makes finger slicing motion over neck::

To everyone in-between: <3

Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh-oh, a Ralphie-Luvin thread! Now THAT leaves me no choice but to raise my lurky head and add my share.

Ralphie, I wanna say, ... Oh well, just take all the nicest things said in this thread and consider them said again! [Smile]

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
HOORAH for Ralphie...the first to try to help me instead of grind me into conservative dust.

HOORAH

HOORAH

HOORAH

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

[Eek!]

I got Sal to come out of lurkdom!!!

Heya, Sal! I've missed you. [Frown]

Why are you lurking, you big goober?

(Thanks, Ryan. [Smile] )

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If it were twice as long, I still would have enjoyed reading every word.
Hear, hear!

[The Wave]

You know I am one of your many legions of admirers. I would have posted sooner, if I had not been out of town until late last night. Now I feel like some pathetic movie star stalker, standing in the back of the room while you bask in everyone else's adulation.

[Angst]

I hope you know I'm telling the truth when I tell you I think the world of you. I love the all too rare times I get to chat with you on AIM, and I hope to meet you and yours some day. I only wish I knew you better. [Dont Know] I'm on AIM all the time, but I never seem to know where the Ralphie-lovin' party's at.

[Angst] [Party] [Party] [Cool]

I'm glad you decided to do a landmark post. [Smile]

[ September 10, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome post, Ralphie. Really. You rock. [Smile]

Oh, btw, your ninjas still haven't gotten me. I'm on the lookout constantly, though. [Razz]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin]

[ September 10, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
The ninjas, oh yes... We'll be ready for them...

(seductive smile)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monteverdi
Member # 2896

- posted      Profile for monteverdi           Edit/Delete Post 
Out here, in orbit about
some Sun, or another,
a wobble.

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie you are the coolest [Big Grin] I loved getting to know you better. I look forward to your posts. They brighten my day!

Slash you are awesome too for sticking up for your sisters. Every sister needs a brother like you [Smile]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasputin
Member # 5409

- posted      Profile for Rasputin   Email Rasputin         Edit/Delete Post 
Great landmark, Ralphie. It's insightful the way you see the way all of your families influence, good and bad, helped make you into who you are.

Speaking of insightful, I was so relieved when you jumped into AIM chat with Boon and I a few mornings ago! While I would have muddled through as best I could, relationships are not my bag. I was struck with the way you penetrated to the core of Boon's problems and had concrete advice that I'm sure helped her. Not only are you funny, but you have a keen grasp of the human condition. [Hat]

Now I know why Ralphie lovin' is a Hatrack tradition. [Hail]

Also, sorry I was joking about speech impediments. Good thing you cured yours. :eviw waugh:
Morbo [Big Grin]

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
All this, and she's kind, generous, and brilliant too!

Thanks again, for sharing.

Love you bunches, girl!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

[Smile]

Hobbes - Sheesh, kid. You're going to make me all twitterpatted. [Kiss]

Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. Just what this world needs--another nauseating bout of Ty-worship. Has all my hard work has been in vain?

I’m not saying it wasn’t a great post, Tone; it was. (Especially the bit about the personality test. That was frigging hilarious.) I just think you might be due for another month or so of reprogramming.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I always count on Katie to be predictable.

[Razz]

Deirdre
Member # 4200

Did Ty tell you to say that?

[Razz]

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie:

When the revolution comes, I'll make sure you get to distribute all the designer shoes (meaning you can keep as many as you want for yourself).

Note: I do think KarlEd probably deserves at least one pair of heels.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
As promised, some extra special Ralphie Love!

[Kiss]

And, I brought some friends!

[Party]

Post on, Ralphie!

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Katie is only jealous. Based on my observations, someone actually GOT to her with the baseball bat.
Deirdre
Member # 4200

Jealous? Maybe. A bit.

But I assure you that any personal feeling of resentment I may have are completely overshadowed by my entirely selfless desire to liberate Toni from your evil influence.

Deirdre
Member # 4200

Now look what you've done. You made me go and kill Ralphie's lovely thread. [Razz]
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, your beautiful writing puts me to shame. I wish I could express the deepest quandries of my soul as eloquently as you do. I wish you lived near me. You are an amazing woman, and I feel honored to be a little part of your life.

The pendulum does swing mightily for me today. It's September 11th, my birthday and also a depressing reminder of mortality and the lengths some people will go in order to make a point.

You, Ralphie, push me toward equilibrium. Thank you for modeling authenticity and living life close to the marrow. In these ways, I want to emulate you.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.