Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » ENTRIES: The Unknown... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ENTRIES: The Unknown...
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Melanie, you have to try and do better than a 13 line intro in 6 weeks! It's meant to be a kick start to get you writing...so get writing!

Of course you could always leave it a few days and then run a competition yourself.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Utahute72
Member # 9057

- posted      Profile for Utahute72   Email Utahute72         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Skadder for putting this together, the fact that you are British explains a lot.

Thanks to everyone else for voting, these are fun and nice to get the feedback.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
dialogue = english
dialog = american english.

Very interesting. I have always written it as "dialogue". I had to look this up in Wikipedia.
I have apparently been writing most of my life with a blend of American and British English, although some words seem to be interchangeable. Thanks for explaining.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
skadder,

I know! I can't believe I let myself get so out of practice. I've often toyed with the idea of running a challenge myself, but the word "spreadsheet" makes me break out in a cold sweat. (That's what I should have had my character be frightened of for THIS challenge. Dang!)

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

Maybe I'll run a challenge sometime soon. Spreadsheets don't scare me.

Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I have posted my new first 13 in F&F. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

BTW - I decided to put "dialogue" in it.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Philo,

Got something for you.

*dusts off old pirate hat*

There you go, Captain Hook. Can we get an ARRGGHH?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

Oi was awunderin' where that old hat was. Thankya, me mate. It's been many awhile since Oi've seen the like of it. Arrgghh!

[This message has been edited by philocinemas (edited March 12, 2011).]

philocinemas
Member # 8108

I should be finished with the story by next weekend if anyone would be interested in trading critiques - I'm feeling it is my best story to date - think Die Hard with a dragon.
snapper
Member # 7299

I gotcha Chuck. You were supposed to send me a wotf awhile ago and you never did. I have one I should have finished by next weekend as well. Dragon for dragon.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

Thanks. I have started several stories recently and haven't finished them. I know the stories and how they are going to end, but I would come up with something else, and suddenly it would get all of my attention. The one you mentioned is sitting in limbo at the moment. The good news is that for once I have a whole lot less paperwork and more free time as well. I've been writing just about every day. Anyway, I appreciate the critique.
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
You can send it to me to, Philo. I may have one ready by next week to swap, but we'll see about that. Still, send yours.
Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

Oooo, oooo. Let's have a 3 way! You game fellas?

philocinemas
Member # 8108

Sure, as long as we're still talking about critiquing stories.
snapper
Member # 7299

Of course. What did you think I mean?

Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm game. Votes for...

Sorry, I got carried away with this being a challenge thread. :/

Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

quote:
Of course. What did you think I mean?

Why, I thought you mean skyping, of course.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.