Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Olympus Uprising, Revisited & Revised

Author Topic: Olympus Uprising, Revisited & Revised
Monolith
Member # 2034

- posted      Profile for Monolith   Email Monolith         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is interested, I have been editing and rewriting my little story (7 pages so far) and I am looking for readers that'll give me honest and unbiased critiques.

I have gotten a few back and they helped out alot. You guys know who you are.

I look forward to getting some good feedback so I can hopefully finish this thing.

Thanks, once again.

Still looking for more readers with new perspectives. Especially those that like to write fantasy and/or epic stuff.

Here's the first 13 Lines of the new version.

Kyros threaded his was through the forest at dawn, just as he’s done for most of his life. He was following a path to his favorite hunting grounds.

The forest was waking up; birds began to sing, chirp, and whistle. Insects began buzzing, making the air vibrate, and the larger animals started to search for food. He swatted at a few persistent flies, hoping birds would come and eat them. The sounds of the forest assured Kyros that he came at the most opportune time.

Snapping limbs, deep throated snorts, and crunching leaf litter brought him back from taking in the cool, crisp, humid air of the morning and the feeling of solitude within the forest.

Ten deer came out from their bedding area and into view, the largest stag taking up a defensive posture in front of the herd. The rest of the herd began grazing after searching the area for threats. The stag searched again with its keen senses. It snorted as if it chased away every threat in the area. It began grazing with its herd.

Kyros slipped behind a large tree and looked at the stag. That was too close, he almost saw me.
He slowly took his bow off his shoulder and got in his ready stance

-BHJr-

[This message has been edited by Monolith (edited July 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Monolith (edited July 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Monolith (edited July 25, 2004).]

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 1619

- posted      Profile for Phanto   Email Phanto         Edit/Delete Post 
I owe it to you to read this version. (Forgive me for not having the time to read your first one--it was deleted by my anti-spam program, and by the time I noticed it, t'was too late.)

Send it to the email in my profile--don't want those damn spammers noticing me.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kickle
Member # 1934

- posted      Profile for Kickle   Email Kickle         Edit/Delete Post 
I read all the feed back when you posted it before and would be glad to read it now. E-mail is in my profile.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Send it over.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwalchmai
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Gwalchmai   Email Gwalchmai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take a look if you want more readers. Was interested by the first one but didn't have the time then.
Posts: 156 | Registered: Nov 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Monolith
Member # 2034

I'm doing a total rewrite on this thing to see if I can catch the things that the few people told me about, and possibly improve on my storytelling.

I'll post it as soon as I feel that it is ready, and IF any of you want to read it again let me know.

-Bryan-

MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you send this out with the subject "FW: Fwd: The world according to mmmmmmen!!" I haven't opened it, because I'm paranoid, but if it's your story then I will.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lorien
Member # 2037

- posted      Profile for Lorien   Email Lorien         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I'm to busy right now to have a look. Maybe next time!

Also, please do not send me any more mass forwards, I don't need more extraneous e-mail than I already get. Thank you.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Monolith
Member # 2034

Ok, the first chapter is rewritten.
Any takers?

Let me know.

-Bryan-

Gwalchmai
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Gwalchmai   Email Gwalchmai         Edit/Delete Post 
If you thought my crit of the last version was of any help feel free to send me this one too.
Posts: 156 | Registered: Nov 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
punahougirl84
Member # 1731

- posted      Profile for punahougirl84   Email punahougirl84         Edit/Delete Post 
I see you are looking for new readers. I haven't read it, and don't know what it's about, but I should be able to manage 7 pages (unless it's horror - can't do that)!

Send to:

punahougirl84ATyahooDOTcom

Lee

Posts: 465 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.