Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » writers group?

Author Topic: writers group?
rustafarianblackpolarbear
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for rustafarianblackpolarbear   Email rustafarianblackpolarbear         Edit/Delete Post 
hey, i noticed on the introduction, OSC mentions that people who want to start a "hatrack group" have to know eachother first. Since Ezuma and I already know eachother are we (and anyone else in that position) allowed to automatically go together?
Also, how do I set word processor to manuscript format and how do i make italics on this site?

Posts: 136 | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ezuma
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Ezuma   Email Ezuma         Edit/Delete Post 
This site uses UBB Code (as it says on the left) which is a bit different from HTML, but there's a lot more you can do with HTML.

HTML uses <> commands, and UBB Code uses [], so for Italics you'd just do [ i ] and [ /i ].

Hey, Mitchell, how's it goin?

^^ See? ^^

Posts: 44 | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ezuma
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Ezuma   Email Ezuma         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm not entirely sure about the "Manuscript Format" on Microsoft Word (or any other word processor for that matter) as the only processor I use for things like that is Final Draft, which is mainly just Screenplay Formats (which is what is required by me right now).
Posts: 44 | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post 
I have created a free MS Word template to use for manuscript formats (both U.S. and U.K templates available; the UK one works for Oz, too... mostly). Send an E-mail to me with the following in the subject line and I'll send it out.

Subject: "Hatrack: Template"

It's important that your subject looks like the above. If it doesn't, my SPAM filter will delete your request.

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
wbriggs
Member # 2267

- posted      Profile for wbriggs   Email wbriggs         Edit/Delete Post 
See the forum titled "Hatrack groups" for instructions on how to form one.
Posts: 2830 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.