Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Histories (A sci-fi/religious experience/mystery)

Author Topic: Histories (A sci-fi/religious experience/mystery)
artistic_alexis
Member # 2748

- posted      Profile for artistic_alexis   Email artistic_alexis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to All,

I'm a twenty-two year old author working on my first novel for publication, not my first novel length work.

I'm looking for those interested in helping me by being critics to my work and I'll help do the same for them. I'm very serious about my writing, and not much else. Hoping to meet writing buddies to share our goals, heartaches, and just BS with about everything in between.

Please Email me if you are interested in reading what I have written so far, about a 150 manuscript pages at artistic_alexis@yahoo.com.

Thank You So Much,
Artistic Alexis

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alexis, I just left you a note in the introductions section. This area is to actually POST 13 lines of your story. You will find that you'll get more response if we can see the first 13 lines of what you've written.

Take a look at the response given to others who have posted their first 13. You'll see that you'll begin getting the feedback you seek, and from that point forward folks will be more apt to volunteer to read more.

Posts: 2026 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, asking people to commit to 100+ pages is a huge barrier to most of those who invest a lot of effort in critiquing. It's better strategy to ask for crits of your first chapter, based on the first thirteen. You'll actually get some volunteers to read, and you'll get an idea of what kind of feedback they can offer before sending them your entire manuscript.
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
You also might consider going down to the Hatrack Groups section to see if you might find someone interested in working on novels.
Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Fahrion Kryptov
Member # 1544

- posted      Profile for Fahrion Kryptov   Email Fahrion Kryptov         Edit/Delete Post 
In spite of all that, I've got some time to kill, so I'd be happy to critique it.
Posts: 101 | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.