Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » science fiction welcome any feedback

Author Topic: science fiction welcome any feedback
tdowling
Member # 3804

- posted      Profile for tdowling   Email tdowling         Edit/Delete Post 
He was standing in dung. He didn’t dare look down because Papa bull had caught his eye and wanted to dance. For Tyler this was one of those moments. Ten feet from the beast so close he could smell its musty breath. He had to hold it for a few more second or he couldn’t get what he came for… No, not the perfect National Geographic shot. No, the feel of danger, the kiss of the dark sleep, a tight brush with the other side.
“T. are you nuts? That beast is ready to charge get outta there” came whispered in his ear. But Tyler didn’t move, didn’t blink as he absorbed the experience. He was in no real danger. He could never be in danger. Not in the way his assistant in the truck thought. Tyler knew the bull would back off and move away. But what if the impossible happened? What

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited September 06, 2006).]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green_Writer
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for Green_Writer   Email Green_Writer         Edit/Delete Post 
The probable reason you have not recieved any comments has to do with your deviation from hatrack format. 13 lines, manuscript. Delete everything after bull and you'll be fine.
Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's not it. Besides, there's an appearance of the word "bull" in the second line

POV, characterization, narrative order, plausibility, milieu, grammar...you just don't give us any reason to believe that there's any point in reading further. By the way, I'm an official unbeliever when it comes to grammar. The only time I ever got kicked off a forum, it was by a professional grammarian. Wasn't kicked off for my grammar, but it had been mentioned

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.