Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Apocalyptic taco mix story

Author Topic: Apocalyptic taco mix story
Mauvemuse
Member # 5488

- posted      Profile for Mauvemuse   Email Mauvemuse         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is. Sorry it's so close to the deadline. And Happy Holloween.

“She’s not right for you, you know.”
Jeremy looked away and out the window to the back of another dorm.
Tom started again. “You know I’m right. Why? Well for one she will probably like this ‘apocalyptic taco mix’ thing. You know spicy stuff. And you’re more, well not plain, but, um. Stodgy. Not that that’s a bad thing. But you are predictable”
Jeremy got up and started sorting bottles for recycling and for disposal.
“Like how you were so shocked when I had Sarah spend the night. You couldn’t even stay over. Or when we went to that Indian place and the curry was too much for you. Curry.”
Tom got up from the desk pilled with unread and unwritten

(end of 13)

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nitewriter
Member # 3214

- posted      Profile for nitewriter   Email nitewriter         Edit/Delete Post 
You're starting in the wrong place. There is no conflict, or even hint of conflict here unless someone is about to suffer from an apocalyptic gas attack. This is an ordinary setting with ordinary people engaged in ordinary conversation. Give us something to bite on, something to grab our interest. It has to be more than an exotic taco mix.
Posts: 409 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Should of posted in the writing challenges thread.

Send it to me, I'll send you mine tomorrow.

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.