Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Who's There?

Author Topic: Who's There?
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not the title I'm going to use for this piece, but it does fit for identification purposes.

I've put this up before for a crit. I also asked for readers and received none because of the length. It's 10,500 words. Since it's been awhile since I've had this up the last time, I'm looking for a crit and a reader. If any of you don't have the time to read it all, that's fine. I'd be thrilled to send all or part of it. Just let me know.

So here's the first 13 lines, and I hope I don't hear any groans from the ones who have seen this before:

Wyatt strolled down the barn aisle to inspect the sale horses he would soon be leading through the auction. He stopped to examine a black leopard mare in the nearest holding pen when she chose that moment to capture his gaze with her own. Deep in her eyes an image from the past leapt out at him and caused his arms to tighten with goose bumps.

“Black Rain,” he whispered.

The bumps eased away but not the memories. Not with his spirit guide staring him right in the face. He still remembered how Mom had insisted that he and Silas go on separate vision quests to alleviate two young boys’ boredom on a hot summer day. The dream that followed helped him make that first initial contact with his spirit guide, Black Rain.

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of new to critiquing. But I've got time right now. So, if you want, I'll read it.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm intrigued. I can't promise a quick turnaround, but send the whole thing.
Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I just sent it to both of you. Thank you for taking the time to read it .
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Crystal,
I need something to read on the plane, feel free to send to me as well. If for whatever reason, I don't finish, I'll definitely send you a critique on the pieces I have read. I'll possibly be 1 1/2 to 2 weeks on the critique.

Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

Thanks Christian. It's sent. Hope you enjoy it .

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.