Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Sex in the Age of VHS

Author Topic: Sex in the Age of VHS
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
Just accepted by Polluto, London-based Anti-Pop Culture print magazine - which is now a paying market, and my first paid sale in . . . a really, really long time. www.polluto.com. A magazine helmed by our very own baduizt.

[This message has been edited by debhoag (edited May 25, 2008).]

Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go! Great sale!
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, well done Deb. That was quick, after the first 13 roasting.

Guess I was wrong about their understanding of the slang, huh?

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Always good to see a Hatracker get good news like this.
Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

I guess, Pat. Just goes to show you never can tell before you try, huh? If I hadn't promised, I probably wouldn't have sent it on, based on the feedback I got here.
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? Others didn't like it? I thought it was great.
Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Genge
Member # 3468

- posted      Profile for Sara Genge   Email Sara Genge         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 507 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimonSays
Member # 3307

- posted      Profile for SimonSays   Email SimonSays         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Deb, I just saw it.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baduizt
Member # 5804

- posted      Profile for baduizt   Email baduizt         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the piece really was spot on. And I love the ominous ending. Nothing chilled me that much in a while. I loved it

The narrative voice was convincing and appropriate. And the theme was expanded appropriately. BTW, although we called it 'Sex in the Time of VHS', we asked people to interpret it loosely and gave quite a scope for possible interpretation (formats, obsolescence, technology and the body, etc). I think this story worked for the issue because it looked at the various areas we suggested and took them in directions we hadn't expected.

And this was, IMO, Deb's best short (or at least, of the ones I've seen!).

Posts: 195 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

Well, aren't you nice! Big kiss, baduizt, and a happy Fourth of July!
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Deb!
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.