Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Life, the Universe and Everything at BYU

Author Topic: Life, the Universe and Everything at BYU
Frederic Civish
Member # 1471

- posted      Profile for Frederic Civish   Email Frederic Civish         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Folks.

Listen, on Thursday February 13th through Saturday February 15th, there will be the yearly SF 'Literary' Conference, "Life, the Universe and Everything,' that is now in its 21st year at BYU.

It is free to register and attend.
It generally has a number of less well known authers and one or two bigger name authors that attend.
Scott Card will be there on THURSDAY only.

The format generally consists of a number of Discussions/Panels/Presentations that are held in various classrooms in one wing of the Student Union Building (Wilkinson? Building) on the scheduled days.

Some of the topics are literary/esoteric. Some of them are 'How to . . .' lectures. Most of them are slanted towards aspiring writers, and are either panel discussions or presentations by other authors.
Most of the panels run between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
There is also a 'bookstore' and (at least last year) a gaming room.

I highly recommend it. You don't need to register in advance, though that wouldn't hurt. If any of you want to attend, you could contact them and ask for any other info.

Here is their website:

http://ltue.sfcon.org/ltue/

If any of you are coming from out of town and want a place to stay, there might be those who would be willing to let you stay at their house. Drop me a line, and I will see if I can help.

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Frederic Civish
Member # 1471

- posted      Profile for Frederic Civish   Email Frederic Civish         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a page that lists the (currently) planed panels at 'Life, the Universe and Everything.'

http://ltue.sfcon.org/ltue/events.html

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
DeviantOperant
Member # 1548

- posted      Profile for DeviantOperant   Email DeviantOperant         Edit/Delete Post 
yep...kinda wish it wan't in Utah...
Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.