Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Liberty Hall Will Be Down

Author Topic: Liberty Hall Will Be Down
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Kathleen for letting us post notices here.

There will be no flash challenge this weekend.

Unfortunately there have been hacker attacks to other boards using more updated software than currently used at LH. The boards were erased. So, to avoid that I am going to take Liberty Hall board down starting Friday, June 17 and running through Monday, June 20, in order to install the new software.

Your data will be backed up and the board should be restored to operation as usual, on or before Tuesday, June 21. You will NOT have access until then.

So, if there is anything you want to save just in case, now is a good time to start. Remember O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law: "Murphy was an optomist."

Sorry for the inconvenience. Blame the hackers.

Notebored might be open. I'll ask Deanna if she has the resources to do the Flash Challenge instead.

mikemunsil

[This message has been edited by mikemunsil (edited June 15, 2005).]

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post 
No flash with my first cup of coffee on saturday morning? ... There's a flash-shaped hole in my universe.

A venomous "be damned!" and a "double doom on you!" to all vile hackers.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowynd
Member # 2077

- posted      Profile for shadowynd   Email shadowynd         Edit/Delete Post 
EEEEEK!!! I'm already going through withdrawal symptoms!!

Susan

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Minister
Member # 2213

- posted      Profile for Minister   Email Minister         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I might be able to keep my perfect attendance record after all. We'll be out of town with no time to do the crits next week anyhow. After 11 weeks, it will be odd not to flash this weekend, though.

[This message has been edited by Minister (edited June 15, 2005).]

Posts: 491 | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
if Dea cannot do it, you guys can always do your own flash

open up a newspaper and with your eyes closed, point to a place on the lead page

write for an hour on the topic, no matter how banal

Void
Member # 2567

- posted      Profile for Void           Edit/Delete Post 
This will give you more triggers than you can shake a stick at. Click on the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page for the free version.

http://writesparks.com/wsfamily.html#wslite

Posts: 150 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 9240

- posted      Profile for Spaceman           Edit/Delete Post 
This is perfect, it coincides with OSC's bootcamp. I was going to write a DQ, now I can work on my novel (if I ever get off hatrack.)
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2010  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwalchmai
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Gwalchmai   Email Gwalchmai         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrr, stupid hackers, grrr.

After spending three weeks not being able to come up with anything I'd just started to get in the swing of things. If I can't come up with any stories when we get back I'm going to hunt all hackers down and do interesting things to them. All in the name of research for my WIP of course.

Posts: 156 | Registered: Nov 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
autumnmuse
Member # 2136

- posted      Profile for autumnmuse   Email autumnmuse         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is a sign of how addicted I am. I keep sitting at the computer to check my writing sites, and of course Liberty Hall is down. So I pout and moan and go away, but five minutes later I find myself automatically clicking the link, and going, Nope, still down. And this just started this morning!!! I have a few days yet.

Does this mean <gasp!> that instead of reading about writing, I have to actually produce something so I have something new to read?

Seriously, though, I am going to be glad when the site comes back up.

Posts: 818 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

Deanna has graciously agreed to host this week's flash challenge at Notebored. If you are already a member, just go there. If not, you'll have to register.

http://rittinger.admiralxp.com/index.php

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.