Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » 05-21-07 Did You Write?

Author Topic: 05-21-07 Did You Write?
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
05-21-07 Did You Write?

Yes, I wrote this week. I did a heavy edit on a story by Tengo in my Waxy Dragon series of stories. I like the results we came up with. I am posting it on line tonight.
I started another Waxy Dragon story yesterday and am a page into it. I've looked at this plot for a lot of months, wanting to write it. I have a general idea where it is going, but getting there will be half the fun.
Nancy has two Waxy projects, both part of our vacation series, in process. They will take some time to write, as I will heavy edit them and send them back to her.
For those who don't know, Waxy Dragon is a cat-sized baby dragon and the stories are her adventures in her world, and other worlds she visits through a computer controlled portal. I have 45 stories completed so far in a year and a half, with some help from a number of family and friends, and have dozens more plots to write. Eventually, these will likely become a children's book series.

I am also keeping up with my story ideas. I post at least an idea a day, and have done so since 1997 and think of even more to post over a period of time. My "compost pile" of story ideas grow, waiting to be posted. the bad ideas sink to the bottom, hopefully to become compost eventually....

Outside of the Waxy Dragon stories, I have done no writing. I have a lot of stories, hundreds possibly, that need editing, but have not had the time to consider them.

I do woodworking on weekends as one of my other hobbies. I sold a plate and an apple shaped box I made to my boss. That really made my day. Now if I can sell some writing....

Have you written this week?

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 3228

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip           Edit/Delete Post 
Strange to say, I've written every day for about the last two months. I hope to be able to keep this up as the weather becomes warmer and things get busier.
Posts: 283 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at the line edit stage with my novel (as of yet unnamed). I dislike the tedium of editing an entire novel line-by-line, but it's necessary, because there is a lot that needs to be fixed. On the other hand, my excitement to actually have the book written and almost in a state acceptable for eyes other then my own far outweighs the tedium of the line edit.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda
Member # 3574

- posted      Profile for Lynda   Email Lynda         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm busy reformatting and looking over my novel for the gazillionth time. I'd rather be writing, but this technical stuff has to be done. I am working on a ficlet but it's stalled because I'm very very VERY busy working on a sculpture that has a short deadline (a horse pulling a carriage - yikes, what a nightmare it is to do a carriage without the proper reference photos or measurements!!). Right this minute, I'm taking a much-needed break from sculpting and wishing I had time to lose myself in my story. . .ah well. The sculpture will be finished at some point and I can get back to writing new stuff daily!

Lynda, missing writing, but enjoying the sculpting

Posts: 415 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I am destiny
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i totally agree with wetwilly it is so nice to have something writen and to be editing it.

yes i have written this week. i am almost done rewriting book one of my series, 6-8 chpt left. but now the characters in #7 have butted their way to the front of my head and i am writing that, my goal for my writers group in 2 weeks is to have #1 rewritten i hope i can do it.

Destiny
edited because i CAN spell character geez!

[This message has been edited by I am destiny (edited May 22, 2007).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
what is so special about may 21? i write any chance i get. dates mean nothing to my especilly now when every day is like the last only different tasks to accomplish.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it only comes once a year. Why not celebrate it?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
arggh! I had planned on writing today, and am getting dragged off fishing, instead. . . . worms, hooks, poles and little boys (and big boys). I need more coffee. . .
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.