Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Nanowrimo 2007? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nanowrimo 2007?
Tricia V
Member # 6324

- posted      Profile for Tricia V   Email Tricia V         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know if I have time to post, I should have time to work on my novel. Well, yeah. I guess I could check my word count.

986. That's not as bad as I was dreading. See, that's how this process goes, if you can hit your goal on a daily basis, it's kind anti-zombifyint.

[This message has been edited by Tricia V (edited November 01, 2007).]

Posts: 104 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for hoptoad   Email hoptoad         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in this year.

Posts: 1683 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KaliAngelKat
Member # 4064

- posted      Profile for KaliAngelKat   Email KaliAngelKat         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I am still trying to figure out how I came up with nearly 3,000 words with the day I have had! I really must have needed to write....

Posts: 17 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
If we force ourselves to write, we will write.

I built out 3500 words and most of them were done when I was bleary eyed and basically falling asleep. I think I wrote about 2-300 words with my eyes closed and my hands just typing away, lol.

Well, todays a good day to write as well! Miserable weather leaves me no choice!

Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricia V
Member # 6324

- posted      Profile for Tricia V   Email Tricia V         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many words I didn't write while I was waiting for Nanowrimo to start.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilentOne
Member # 4814

- posted      Profile for SilentOne   Email SilentOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I am also doing NaNo this year. 2,043 words so far. And my account is http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/216042.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deanna
Member # 2725

- posted      Profile for Deanna   Email Deanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in too. I haven't posted here in forever, but if any of you know me and want to add me, your welcome to. I'm Deanna at NoteBored and DeaSis over at NaNo.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stewie72
Member # 6774

- posted      Profile for Stewie72   Email Stewie72         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in too. Up to 3400 att. If you want to add me as a buddy.....

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/214330

Posts: 11 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
halogen
Member # 6494

- posted      Profile for halogen   Email halogen         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.nanowrimo.org/user/246843

Not enough time to spend, I don't think I'll make the goal.

Posts: 207 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparrol
Member # 5734

- posted      Profile for Sparrol   Email Sparrol         Edit/Delete Post 
So far, 6683 words. Not doing too badly, but I'll probably fall behind during the week.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darklight
Member # 5213

- posted      Profile for darklight   Email darklight         Edit/Delete Post 
In the last two days (the weekend when I thought I would get a LOT written) I have managed a total of around two hundred words, and am now 3,500 words behind with todays target amount to write too, which means I would have to write over 5,000 words just to keep up!
Posts: 626 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, I'm behind, too! That's the name of the game, right? I didn't even have a story idea until right before. Now that I do, I still don't have a plot worked out, so I'm sort of winging it... Right now I have just over 5000 words, so I'm 3,000 words behind. But as long as you keep doing 2,000 words a day, you won't fall further behind, and you can slowly make up for the 3,000 missing words. If you still kept at it continuously, that's only just over 100 words a day! You can do it!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darklight
Member # 5213

- posted      Profile for darklight   Email darklight         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 16,000 words into my NaNo novel and I've thought of a great query hook:

Living with his alcoholic mother, Lenny could never have imagined a world in which the American war of Independance was ongoing, and William the Conqueror was beaten at the battle of Hastings, until he found himself there.

Well, something like that!

How's everyone doing?

Posts: 626 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

Whoa! Your story sounds pretty interesting, darklight. And I think it's a tribute to your experience and growth as a writer that you can start thinking about your query hooks as you're writing. It seems like an important skill for a professional writer to be able to do.

I'm about 23,000 words along, but I'm running out of steam fast. I kind of knew I would, since I started out without a clear plan. But I've set my characters up to have complications and conflict, now I have to devise a way for them to get out of it!

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AstroStewart
Member # 2597

- posted      Profile for AstroStewart   Email AstroStewart         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing NaNo again this year too. I forgot to add my link here tho, if anyone wants to be my buddy. http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/148895
Posts: 280 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kings_falcon
Member # 3261

- posted      Profile for kings_falcon   Email kings_falcon         Edit/Delete Post 
So who made it this year?

I crossed the finish earlier today. I know both Mommiller and Darklight did as well.

Who else?

Posts: 1210 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

Ugh... (hides face) I got stuck at some 32,000 words. Next time I'll try to have a loose outline, at least in my noggin if not out on paper.

Congrats to the finishers!

KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
I finished with 53333 on day 27, I honestly feel like I can do anything right now. I hear there's an expedition leaving for Everest.

I'm also 1/4 of the way through my first editing pass. I'm doing the simple stuff of fixing typos and cleaning up really obvious stuff, making notes elsewhere on additional scenes to write, more significant jimmying of the text. As soon as I'm done w/my first pass I'm going to put it down for a while and pick it back up in the new year, but I'm optimistic. It turned out a LOT better than I thought going into it, and I'm excited to have a novel complete, even if it's just a first draft.

Congrats to other finishers. I know there are a bunch of Liberty Hall'ers who slipped over the finish line at the last minute - way to go!

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilentOne
Member # 4814

- posted      Profile for SilentOne   Email SilentOne         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished at 51,164 early this evening.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
halogen
Member # 6494

- posted      Profile for halogen   Email halogen         Edit/Delete Post 
14,000... excuse is I really couldn't get into my story

Posts: 207 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
Finished last night with 51K, and half a plot. Which is OK since my intended wordcount is around 100K.
Now to put the rest of the novel in good order

Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to all who won this year!

Alas, health and research and job and deep resentment amongst family members for the neglect I put them through last year combined to halt my progress. But now that the calendar no longer says November, writing won't be considered Nanowrimo neglect.

And I've done my research and have mondo bottles of pills.

Let the writing resume...

Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
51300 or so. It has a plot...and an ending.

Alright, I'd be flat embarrassed to let anyone read it...but it is a good base for a nice 80k novel once I work out more of the things that got skimmed over in the rushed nano version.

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished with 56,145 words. Half a plot and another 3 at least to follow on with what I wrote. I'm actually happy that I was able to write as much as I have done, as it's also allowed me to expand my world a great deal as well as introduce a central theme to the world that connects it together.

I love it when things fall into place when you don't really mean them to

Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.