Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » i cant understand

Author Topic: i cant understand
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the dumbest thing I have ever heard of or read for that matter. People living on the Titanic 95 years after it sank. The story in Weekly World News tells how descendents of people on the Titanic have lived there in an air pocket. They say they have a line that reaches the surface and eat fish and sometimes caned food. What I cant figure out is HOW?
Yes the Titanic had hundreds of miles of cable and wiring but most of that is a tangled mess in the wreck itself. And why has it not been found yet? Then there is the temperature of 3miles down, the water is supper chilled meaning it is below its freezing point but it doesn’t freeze. Another thing how do they get the fish they eat if there is little fish life down there and how do they get to it?
What I what to know is what drugs these people are taking for I want some no, no I need some for maybe they will give me back me glory days of writing. What is it ACID SHROOMS or what? What ever it is they need to share the wealth with me.
Am I alone in this or just uninformed?

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like bad Sci-fi or a tabloid article.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That is one of the most amazingly unbelievable premises I've heard -- and I've heard a few. I can't even honestly say I would suspend disbelief for a story like that if there is a bigger story to enjoy. Best to put that bigger story in a more realistic setting.
Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfe_boy
Member # 5456

- posted      Profile for Wolfe_boy   Email Wolfe_boy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I think the key to this story is the fact that it originated from The Weekly World News. Any further thought on the topic (or indeed the remainder of the contents of the paper you read) is banal and pointless.

Jayson Merryfield

Posts: 733 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smncameron
Member # 7392

- posted      Profile for smncameron   Email smncameron         Edit/Delete Post 
Weekly World News is only-semi serious at best. Leave it alone. Also I'm pretty sure it's gone out of buisness.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm nore interested in why your spelling improved so much, Rommel. That's the story that really inquiring minds want to know.
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... why is that? I secretly suspected this whole "can't spell" thing was an act... Or maybe they implanted some chip in your brain..?
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a "science fiction" anthology a few years ago entitled ALIEN PREGNANT BY ELVIS and it contained a bunch of stories that could have come from the tabloids.

In case anyone is interested, the link goes to Amazon where you can order used copies.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KPKilburn
Member # 6876

- posted      Profile for KPKilburn   Email KPKilburn         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of people beat me to the punch - I was curious about why your spelling all of the sudden got much better.
Posts: 172 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a miniseries about twenty years back about people living in a sunken ocean liner (not the Titanic) long after it sunk. So it's an old story.

There are also scattered stories of crewmen still alive in sunken U-Boats or other submarines.

Ah, well...some crewmen who were on board ships sunk at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941 were alive as late as Christmas 1941...really...

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Was anyone else here really disappointed when the Weekly World News switched to online-only? What am I supposed to read when I wait in line at grocery stores now? Celebrity gossip? I don't want to know which celebrity loves which, I want to know which celebrity is an alien!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheyne
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Cheyne   Email Cheyne         Edit/Delete Post 
No more Bat-Boy? Alas...
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
well i had pretyped it on my lap top then saved it to my external hard drive then brought the hard drive to the MWR and posted it.
i got the paper from one of my battle buddies because i had nothing elts to read. the artical made me miss the old days, with the purple hase, and the mayonnase, eating katchup sandwithces under the christmass tree.
RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Titanic was carrying some drums of strange material found at the Tunguska meteor site.

Presumably during the sinking some of these drums split open releasing a black substance which mixed with the sea water to make a highly mutagenic mixture.

The few people stuck in the cabins were then exposed to this mixture and adapted to thier new environment at a superfast rate.

Of course I am just guessing, perhaps it's just bollocks.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
The Weekly World News is not true?????????????

What is this world comming too??????

How am I going to tell the elvis-looking space alien (who says he is Hillery Clinton's daughter) hiding under my bed that he does not exist?

I think there was a movie based on people surviving in the titanic, where there was an inventor who assembles oxygen making device and keeps him and others alive.

I never saw the movie, but heard about it.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 4638

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Rommel, I don't think you need to be smoking anything else.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Rommel, I'm not convinced. You conveniently slip into bad spelling just after the suspicious typo "elts".
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Skadder

["]I think the Titanic was carrying some drums of strange material found at the Tunguska meteor site.["]

The idea has been done. 'Raise the Titanic'. Novel written in the seventies, they did the movie too. Never saw that but read the book.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

- posted      Profile for dreadlord   Email dreadlord         Edit/Delete Post 
look, Ive read WWW, and it is completely false. I mean, COME ON!

but maybe there's something different here. anyone else seen So I Married a Mad Axe Murderer? funny movie, and Weekly actually got it right for once!

stupid elvis... I believe MIB. he didnt die. just went home.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I believe Tommy Lee Jones. When I have worked at newspapers, there's always a lot of competition to come up with the headlines that the editor chooses. My alltime favorite was either WWW or NI "Man quits smoking after 20 years and chokes to death on nicotine gum." It pretty much summed up the human condition, I thought. My personal favorite that I wrote myself was "Bare arm turns out to be bear arm" about a couple that was hiking and thought they had found part of a dismembered corpse. Somebody stop me!
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wish that Bat Boy tv series took off. That would have rocked. I still remember when good old Bat Boy saved the world from aliens who were brain controlling the UN.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

annepin i dont quite understand what you are trying to say. but yes it has already been done.

and Tara i quit smoking the waky tobacky back in 04. i wont smoke it again until 2016.

the titanic is in 2 pices on the ocian floor 3 miles down or for the metric type 4.82KM.

and no alians are not controling the UN, the Frogs are.

and Hilidabeast has a daughter? god a world full of librals. that should be in the Weekly World News.

RFW2nd

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.