Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » why have we not gone back (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: why have we not gone back
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Not just Americans.

Disappointed,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor
Member # 7736

- posted      Profile for Doctor   Email Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - if there is anything I'd like to confirm it's the concrete existence of other organic life. WHile some "Scientists" seem to favor the dispossibility, I am inclined to think that we aren't so rare. Oxygen, hydrogen and carbon aren't so unique, who's to say they haven't combined elsewhere to produce living organisms.

But when you think about it your specific existence is pretty miraculously improbable. Not just from an evolutionary standpoint that the species would evolve, but also from the view that a particular sperm and egg would combine to form you. With luck like that you should head to Vegas .

[This message has been edited by Doctor (edited May 12, 2008).]

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
there is lots to do on the moon

like moon rock climbing, golfing, meating Pink Floyd on the dark side, and finding that the rushians have a automated nuckler mistle base on the dark side of the moon.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
meating Pink Floyd on the dark side

That was great!

Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustInProse
Member # 7872

- posted      Profile for JustInProse   Email JustInProse         Edit/Delete Post 
I just HAVE to throw this out there....

Neil Armstrong....Justin Armstrong....

My former life was pretty cool.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

I don't think Neil Armstrong is dead. So it's unlikely he was reincarnated into you.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
But Neil's still alive.

Are you from the future? Can I borrow your time machine?

Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

Wow Talespinner... it seems you used your time machine to post the same time I did, with the same message.

Now I'm just tripped out.

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
well building a time machine qould be easer in zero-g for there will be no gravity to throu it off.

but the power useage would be emince.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.