Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » I AM HOME

Author Topic: I AM HOME
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
sorry i got in on sunday the 25th at 1700 cen time.
last 2 days i have been drunk out of my mind.

I LOVE THE GOOD OLD USA. IT DOSE NOT SMELL AND THE ROADS ARE PAVED.

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheyne
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Cheyne   Email Cheyne         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back. I hope you get to stay and we get to hear from you more often.
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheyne
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Cheyne   Email Cheyne         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know how I doubled up.

[This message has been edited by Cheyne (edited May 27, 2008).]

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Back! Are you going to be in the army for a while yet, or are you done and ready to get back to civilian life?

Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home!
Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Back.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Were you gone? I did not notice..........::: giggle :::

welcome home and thank you for all you have done.
Bless you

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
You always blame your spelling on the brief time you would get on the pc's on tour--now your home we expect perfect syntax.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
now your home we expect perfect syntax.

Hypocrite.

Welcome home, Fenrir!

[This message has been edited by Pyraxis (edited May 27, 2008).]

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
...'twere bound to happen...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliverhouse
Member # 3432

- posted      Profile for oliverhouse   Email oliverhouse         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home, Rommel! And over Memorial Day weekend, no less. <Raises virtual glass>
Posts: 671 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home!
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

Dude, what did you do, fall into a keg? come up for air and let us know what's happening? How is your first week home? What have you been doing? Are you starting to write yet?
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

quote:
Hypocrite!

It was a test! Not really--well spotted!

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

I'm starting to be concerned that Rommel was kidnapped by evil flying robot monkeys shortly after his arrival in the wilds of Florida. What do we do now?
EP Kaplan
Member # 5688

- posted      Profile for EP Kaplan   Email EP Kaplan         Edit/Delete Post 
You give it a cybanana.

Welcome home, man.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm starting to be concerned that Rommel was kidnapped by evil flying robot monkeys shortly after his arrival in the wilds of Florida. What do we do now?

A few years ago, when one of the workshop's participants appeared to have gone missing, a bunch of other workshop participants imagined an adventure about searching for him.

debhoag's post (above) made me think of that "adventure."

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to imagine another one about Rommel or anything....

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited May 29, 2008).]

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home! And thank you for serving your country.
If you're ever in Texas, look me up and I'll buy you a beer.

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

Kathleen, that sounds suspiciously like an opening for "how many hatrackers would it take to find a Rommel?"

I'll start.

One Hatracker to notice that Rommel is missing . . .

[This message has been edited by debhoag (edited May 29, 2008).]

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all.

It makes me happy that more people than I realize appreciate what we are doing than I thought.
Also I will be in for 2 more years and going to White Sands NM as a new duty station.

I “fell in to a keg” in a sorts, more like raze my head and tilt back the bottle of Whisky, etc. and drown the thought of being back in AFG away.

Well I haven’t been to FLA yet, I am in Riley Ks, FLA is only were I go for R&R leave in July. But be happy when I go into the swamps I have both my M1911A1’S and at least 6 mags for that reason.

Maybe I will end up in TX a few times when I am in White Sands NM. Will hold you to that mikemunsil.

"how many hatrackers would it take to find a Rommel?"

Hint: if I ever go missing, go south as far as one can go, then go even farther south.

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Armed to the teeth like that, I wonder how many Hatrackers Rommel could get with those six mags. I can see the movie already...
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

quote:
Hint: if I ever go missing, go south as far as one can go, then go even farther south.

Hm.... so we need to hike to the center of the south pole and then lift off?

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igwiz
Member # 6867

- posted      Profile for Igwiz   Email Igwiz         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home, Rommel. I know that stretch of the Flint Hills, and have been through Riley many times. Some of my family lives in Washington County, Kansas, just up 77 from there.
Posts: 269 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

I would most likely be having a flash back if I started shooting people, unless they were hippies, or could be mistaken for hippies. 6 1911 mags is only 60 rounds of .45ACP. what a grate movie that would be.

“Hm.... so we need to hike to the center of the south pole and then lift off? “
Something like that.
I don’t really know my way around the riley area. I don’t have a POV or a license for one. Just a military one.
RFW2nd

Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all you do. It's nice to finally meet you. I was just a lurker the last time you were around. I've got to ask though, cause I just don't get it. You don't have a Point of View? (POV)
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Privately Owned Vehicle

sorry i am use to army short Accernims.

we met before? was i drunk?

RFW2nd

debhoag
Member # 5493

Hey Rommel, I'm in arizona, in Show Low. I'll probably be coming to Albuquerque in November for the Tony Hillerman Conference. We should hook up. I have to warn you, though, I am an old hippie. Really old. you'll have to promise not to shoot, me, but I could probably donate a batch or two of chocolate chip cookies to the cause.
debhoag
Member # 5493

and:

... four more to debate whether there really is such a thing as a Rommel, or whether Rommel is simply an existential commentary on post-modern society . . .

[This message has been edited by debhoag (edited May 29, 2008).]

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in a way, point of view is someone's privately owned "vehicle."

(an exercise for the reader)

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Muum chocolate chip cookies, I can feel the sugar induced coma already.

When is this convention? And where is it? We only have a 100 mile limet we can go with out pass. Will try though.

My name Rommel Fenrir Wolf II my friends gave me back in FLA.

Rommel from the e German General

Fenrir from Norse mythology

Wolf because I am a werewolf

And the II is because I am the second emperor.

I figured KDW would know what POV I was speaking of.

I got to go back to work now

RFW2nd

Pyraxis
Member # 7990

Another werewolf? *waves* I'm kinfolk.

Is Wolfe_boy in your pack?

debhoag
Member # 5493

Hillerman conference info: http://www.wordharvest.com. It's a hoot. Sponsored by Tony Hillerman, organized and run by his daughter, Anne.
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Will I wont go into much detail, but I was exiled from the council and had my memories wiped, I am a 3rd class immortal. I get recycled. Contact me via email.

RFW2nd

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Well debhoag I will be in FLA on leave during that. I have been planning leave sence I got back from leave in Oct. sorry.

RFW2nd

JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going with that Rommel an is existential commentary on post-modern society.
Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Well I am in Va now, I don’t remember saying if I was or not.

Will be flying tomorrow and trying to find a rifle range that is close to take my 9 year old brother shooting his AR15 in 5.56mm I bought him.

Is any one in Fairfax Va?

RFW2nd

Wolfe_boy
Member # 5456

- posted      Profile for Wolfe_boy   Email Wolfe_boy         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mean to stereotype, but that sounds like a truly American moment.

Dad: Welcome home son!
Mom: (Hugs Rommel) I'm so glad you're safe!
Rommel: It's good to be home.
Jimmy: Hey Rommel! Didja bring anything back for me?
Rommel: Hey there little bro. I certainly did!
Jimmy: What is it? Give it to he, give it to me!
Rommel: Alright, here you go. Your very own AR15 5.56mm!
Jimmy: Sweet! I can't wait to take it to school and show my friends! All Tommy got from his brother was a 9mm Baretta!

Jayson Merryfield

Posts: 733 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
>Is any one in Fairfax Va?

Not anymore...

Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

“Jimmy: Sweet! I can't wait to take it to school and show my friends! All Tommy got from his brother was a 9mm Baretta!”

That would be funny as heck. The 9mm Baretta US Government model is the worst weapon in the US arsenal. I can get a 9mm from the same company or from a different manufacturer that is cheeper and better than the 9mm Baretta US Government model.

ChrisOwens where in Fairfax were you? I am in Vienna.

ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
Actaully, I was just joking. I'm down in Richmond.
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Oh, i am now in ORMAND BEACH FL with my grandfather.

anyone near?

RFW2nd

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.