Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » interruption repellant

Author Topic: interruption repellant
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
For all you other moms out there who are spending the summer trying to write while the kids are home, I'd like to report that Annie Lennox is an excellent little boy repellant. Cleared my room in three notes. And drove the teenage boys completely out of the house.
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!

I think mine are too young for that to work but both my 2-month-old and 2.5-year-old take naps at the same time so it works out for now. I'll keep the music thing in mind for future reference.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting finding! I was just lamenting on another (mommy-oriented) list that my children should send me a memo when they plan to get along and play independently for 2+ hours. That way I could get engrossed in a kid-free project, instead of just doing the standard Sunday afternoon puttering of dishes, laundry, floors, counters, the usual. Argh!
Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

it gets better when they get older, Kayti - my standard Sunday afternoon used to consist of doing dishes, laundry, counters, etc. Now it consists of yelling about dishes, yelling about laundry, yelling about counters. Much more satisfying.
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Norwood
Member # 5604

- posted      Profile for Rick Norwood   Email Rick Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, debhoag.

Enjoy them while you've got 'em. Mine are all grown up and moved away, and I miss them.

Posts: 557 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

Rick! It's so good to hear from you! How is country life?
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it gets better when they get older. I find it more difficult to write or get anything done since my husband has been home unemployed. He's much like an oversized kid underfoot. But that may change very soon. Keep your fingers crossed. He might have a job, and I'll have the house to myself, again... I hope. LOL
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
No kids or animals, but some relatives will drop by at inopportune times. Over the years, I just take it in stride, dropping what I'm doing when they're here, and picking it up again when they're gone, or maybe later than that...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RobertB
Member # 6722

- posted      Profile for RobertB   Email RobertB         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know an effective wife repellent? The kids don't bother me, they're too old. The wife does, constantly.
Posts: 185 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

I would suggest large sums of cash. It's not really a repellent, per say, but I can always find something to do that does not involve Chuck if I have sufficient money to keep me company!
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Cash is an excellent wife repellant. I could be gone all day with the right amount. Seriously though I never can write during the day and I've never found anything that works well on a three year old and a six month old.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.