Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Return to Luna winners TBA soon

Author Topic: Return to Luna winners TBA soon
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
The announcement of the winners should be availabele any minute now
quote:
at the World Science Fiction Convention in Denver, at the National Space Society table at 4pm. Soon after, we will post the results on the www.hadleyrillebooks.com and www.nss.org websites.

I can't wait.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

I am going to a friends house and won't be able to check for hours... damnit!
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Bent - I wouldn't have known to check if you hadn't posted, so thank you. Because - HOLY CANNOLI!!!!
That's me, third on the list:
http://ericreynolds.livejournal.com/

I didn't win the grand prize, but I don't care! This is my Apples story. Many thank yous and deep bows to both arriki and IB who helped me with a very very early version of this story 16 months ago. I didn't get it critted this time but I am sure their crits way back when helped tremendously, as did enough time on the shelf so I could improve the story through my own built-up skills.

This was the first story I ever wrote. Wow.

I don't know people's names well enough to know if there's any other Hatracker's on the list, but I bet there are. Congratulations!

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

Way To Go! I am so glad! I really thought I was gonna make it on one of the lists se la vie
darklight
Member # 5213

- posted      Profile for darklight   Email darklight         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats KayTi, that's brilliant!
Posts: 626 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Kayti! You totally ROCK! I mean APPLE!
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
So is this like a ss contest for sci-fi's strictly about the moon?
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
KayTi, how thrilling. I remember that story. It was perfect for that comp, and very well written. Congrtulations you're published YEEHAA

Tracy

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Zero - here's a link to the contest info:
http://www.nss.org/news/releases/pr20080229.html

They have announced another contest, deadline Nov 15, about Footprints on the moon. Reference is here: http://ericreynolds.livejournal.com/30245.html

Thanks everyone. I'm so excited, this is my first "real" publication (beyond having written a few articles for websites and the like.) I have a non-fiction article (no pay, I volunteer for the organization) that's going to be published sometime soon, too, so I am on top of the world. Or over the moon, LOL

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
I also see Brenta Blevins on the winning list. She was a fellow WOTF finalist back in Q407.
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

I dreamt last night that I won an honorable mention for WotF. But before you give me any imaginary congratulations, you must realize that when I woke up I was disappointed. Not because it was just a dream, but because I wasn't even a finalist.

I mean, shouldn't I at least win in my dreams? Because if I can't even win there...

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited August 11, 2008).]

Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

I dreamt I won third place. I felt the anthology in my hands, even the grain of the paper. Waking up is a terrible thing...

Recently, I dreamt I was at the workshop--which is going on this week...

Zero
Member # 3619

Why are our dreams so humble? I mean, shouldn't we win???
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, KayTi!!! I told you this contest was perfect for that story.

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited August 11, 2008).]

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

Zero,

I think that more often we dream what we fear than what we desire. In a dream, when a thought passes through our minds that such-and-such bad event might transpire, it usually does. Of course, I would've been more than happy with 3rd place...or even being a published finalist. I'm sure we all would.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.