Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Accuracy Versus Believability (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Accuracy Versus Believability
steffenwolf
Member # 8250

- posted      Profile for steffenwolf           Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, 3 posts in a row.

Fox, further regarding changes in character. I read a story in a pro magazine recently that on the 2nd page had the narrator react to a racial slur with shock something along the lines of "he hadn't thought anyone used that word anymore". Then the narrator goes on to use that same word 3 times within the next page, without a hint of hesitation. I was annoyed enough at this inconsistency of the narrator's character that I skipped the remaining 20+ pages.

Posts: 299 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dinoroxxx
Member # 8344

- posted      Profile for dinoroxxx           Edit/Delete Post 
This is starting to turn into a "everybody knows that green dragons can't breath frost" kinda argument.

I mean, the show Heroes is expecting us to believe a little more than universal eclipses -- No?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.