Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Who wanted info on bear attacks?

Author Topic: Who wanted info on bear attacks?
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a show on discovery channel right now called, "I was Bitten." Starts out with a bear attack. They usually repeat multiple times.
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
It was me. Thanks. That'll help a lot.
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monk
Member # 8295

- posted      Profile for Monk           Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, I missed that thread, must have been before my time. What was it about?

-W.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't post it up here, (which, in hindsight might have been a good idea), I think I asked it down in the Hatrack Groups section.

quote:
I wish you could have heard my discussion with my brother-in-law about an upcoming scene that he has a certain amount of expertise in--bear maulings. He was recommending slashes, including one that would cause my main character's intestines to spill out--and of course he would trip over them. Heck, I said, maybe the bear could trip over them too. What a great way to escape--trip the bear with your intestines so that it falls back and hits its head and blacks out, just long enough for you to escape. Of course, chances are it would land ON your intestines, and then you're stuck. Authors have such better conversations than other people!

If anyone has any advice about murders or bear maulings, I'd love to hear it. It's not really my forte.

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.