Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Ready for Market--December

Author Topic: Ready for Market--December
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's up for December's Ready for Market challenge?

This is a critiqueing challenge for stories that have been critiqued already--probably at Hatrack but maybe elsewhere, or even rejected by a publisher--and which the author (that's you, folks) thinks is ready for market. It's an opportunity to get a crit in exchange for giving a crit to others; the work of critting is minimized with a simple grading scheme--no need for a line-by-line unless you feel so moved.

Here's how its worked last month:
http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum1/HTML/005234.html

If you're in, please so indicate in this thread, and post your first 13 by Monday 8th December here:

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum7/HTML/000091.html

We'll grade first 13s the week following, and post gradings of stories by the end of the month.

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kathyton
Member # 7780

- posted      Profile for kathyton   Email kathyton         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. First 13 are posted.
Posts: 195 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I'll give it a try.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, welcome, I look forward to reading your works.

I too shall be in this month.

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliedfive
Member # 7811

- posted      Profile for alliedfive   Email alliedfive         Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to be back in this month. Hopefully I can spit polish something enough to contribute.
Posts: 323 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to have something ready. We'll see how successful I am.

Anthony

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I'll throw-in this month. I didn't change the story as much as I was anticipating, but I think I worked out the kinks.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

Welcome to RFM December to

Kathyton
JenniferHicks
alliedfive
AWSullivan
philocinemas
JoeMaz (wow, new member leaping straight in)
TaleSpinner

And there's room for more ...
Cheers,
Pat

TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

Bump.
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

"Bump," said Zac.

"Thanks," I said.

"Last day for submissions is Monday," said Zac.

"I know," I said. "That's why I'm polishing frantically."

"That's why I bumped the topic for you, to save you from having to do it."

"Thanks, Zac," I said. Again.

"No new takers, no questions for you to answer, so you're okay continuing to write and not procrastinating by visiting Hatrack."

"Yeah, thanks again Zac," I said.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Go AWAY! Can't you see I'm busy?"

AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going to have to bow out this month. I just don't have anything that I think is ready. I've got some great ideas though so count me in for next month.

Anthony

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliedfive
Member # 7811

- posted      Profile for alliedfive   Email alliedfive         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the story I was hoping to have ready for this is not ready. I have another one (crappier one) that I could throw in the ring.

Either way, I will crit.

Posts: 323 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

Thanks for letting us know, AWSullivan.

alliedfive, if you'd like to offer the less good story, fine, but if you'd rather hold it back until you feel it's ready, please do so.

Do y'all think once a month is too often for RFM? I'm finding it hard to keep up as well. One month on, one off, maybe?

Cheers,
Pat

snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah,

were getting a steady number of participants. You don't need to join every month, you know.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

Okay, monthly it is, then.

Pat

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.