Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Consider this fair warning

Author Topic: Consider this fair warning
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm am seriously considering deleting any comment in a Fragment and Feedback topic that does not relate directly to the 13 lines posted by the person starting the topic.

So consider this fair warning: if people can't behave in those topics, I will make such a rule official and start deleting.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
Fair point. I apologise, and won't let it happen again.
Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, kdw.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teraen
Member # 8612

- posted      Profile for Teraen   Email Teraen         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to be a rabble rouser, or to offend She Who Must Never Be Offended, but what if it isn't a degrading or otherwise negative digression? Sometimes the comments definitely aren't productive, but other times the conversation morphs into other topics. Sometimes the postings are quite fruitful and there is quite a bit of discussion around a topic.

As long as it isn't negative to the author or their writing, is it so bad?

Posts: 496 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
"As long as it isn't negative to the author or their writing, is it so bad? "

What? we can't give negative feed back?

also, I would assume it is so bad, as the person posting is looking for feedback, not a soap opera, maybe we can move the convo here or off hatrack altogether otherwise.

Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't we just say You know, this would be a great topic for Open Discussions About Writing, I'll go start a thread there...
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teraen
Member # 8612

I meant negative as in "disrespectful..." Not as in "I didn't like it.."

oops.

Posts: 496 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
If people would do as BenM suggests, that would be fine.

But they haven't been doing that, and it's disrespectful to the author of the 13 lines to have a topic taken over the way too many of them have been taken over.

Hence my warning.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teraen
Member # 8612

Ah... so it isn't that the conversations degrade negatively per se, it is that the changing of the conversation itself is disrespectful of the author who is anxiously awaiting feedback. I sees it now...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.