Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Writing Conference

Author Topic: Writing Conference
C@R3Y
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for C@R3Y   Email C@R3Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Who has been to an actual writing conference? I am thinking about going to one, but I want to know exactly what it's like and what I should bring so that I'm prepared.
Posts: 193 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
If you specify which conference you are thinking about attending someone may be able to give more specific advice - conferences/conventions can vary hugely.

I think of "conferences" generally as being academic in nature, for experts in the field, as opposed to conventions, which have a broader target audience.

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

- posted      Profile for Smaug   Email Smaug         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to the League of Utah Writer's Conference. It was okay, but I know there are a lot of conferences that are much better. The LUW seemed to be able to acquire very few top name workshop presenters, though they had a few speakers of note.
Posts: 440 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to a few writer's workshops and one literary festival. It totally depends on the conference/workshop and the instructors. What one(s) are you considering?
Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.