Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Subscribing to Posts

Author Topic: Subscribing to Posts
CGreen
Member # 9718

- posted      Profile for CGreen   Email CGreen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to figure out how to subscribe so I'll receive emails when there are responses to posts.

I wasn't sure where to put this question. I've looked through FAQ and followed what it said, but I don't see the choice anywhere. As far as I know I'm registered, I log in. It said that was a requirement.

Please, could someone help me. I'd appreciate it and send you some virtual chocolate. [Smile]

Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
So far as I know, there isn't any way to get emails that tell you when someone responds to a post. This is a forum (sort of like a BBS), so posts are on the "board" and not available through a feed (the way they do it with blogs).

You just have to check in every so often and see what the new posts are in the topics. Sorry.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CGreen
Member # 9718

Thanks Kathleen for answering that for me. The question actually was in the faq section. The answer just didn't go with what I was seeing on the forum.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corin224
Member # 2513

- posted      Profile for Corin224   Email Corin224         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there used to be a way to do it, but I haven't been able to find it again since I came back on a month or two ago.

With luck, it may be an administrative feature that could be turned back on. ?? Maybe? KDW?

[Smile]

But probably not. [Frown]

Posts: 121 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll see if I can find it, and if not, maybe the Powers that Be know how to do it.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Okay, I think what you do is look under the "Preview Post" button below the text box (when you start a topic or when you reply to a topic using full reply mode) and you will see the words "Instant UBB Code(TM)" below which are two columns of buttons. The top button in the second column is "EMAIL" and I think that one should help you set up to receive emails when someone posts to that topic.

If you decide to try this, please let me know what happens? As administrator, I really can't test some of these things for regular members.

CGreen
Member # 9718

chergreen1@gmail.com

Nope, trying it here. It inserts your email into the reply.

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Ah! Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for trying it, CGreen. If you don't want your email so public, you can delete the post.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Well, drat! I sure don't see where the option is to have email notifications if someone replies to a topic.

I'll have to ask The Powers That Be (and it will probably have to wait until after the new year).

Someone remind me if I don't post something here by the middle of next week?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.